Predictions of Eight & Eight Stink | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions of Eight & Eight Stink

Patience...

We may well not be very good this season; what do you really expect, with a new coaching staff that has to adpat to working together in game situations, new players that have adjust to new systems, and the fact that all those elements have to mesh in order to be good?

In a world of instant this and powdered that, you have to realize that people and real life aren't like that - you don't just add Head Coach for instant success. It will most likely take time.

"I bought some powdered water...but I don't know what to add."
Steven Wright

""You seem to be more interested in trying to shame people down the road for who-knows-what reasons.""

YA RIGHT. Nothing of the sort, but it is nice to see the way your mind works. Do you do things to shame others often? I am merely having some fun and challenging people to PICK A WINNING OR LOSING SEASON. Boy I guess this is the dumbest thing that has ever been posted on a NFL site! You make me laugh.

AlanSaysYo said:
This post, and this thread in general, are two of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen posted on this board. You guys don't seem to understand that there's nothing wrong with a "safe" bet if it's the RIGHT bet! If someone looks at the schedule and sees 8 wins and 8 losses, are you gonna tell them they're wrong? You seem to be more interested in trying to shame people down the road for who-knows-what reasons. We can't pick 8-8 because we'll be able to say later that we were close to both a winning and losing record? What the heck do you guys care? Are you the Safe Bet Bragging Patrol or something? The entire thing is incredibly juvenile.

oh my god, haha...

listen its simple, all i did was repeat what the first guy said because half the people didn't seem to understand...

and secondly all we're saying is stop picking the safe bet, its not like your putting down money or anything, grow some balls pick the non-safe bet, thats all, haha

ya people are so over-emotional like this thread is telling you some offensive **** or something... relax jesus christ you people are so emotional its crazy, like my girlfriend on PMS orsomething

Finland said:
""You seem to be more interested in trying to shame people down the road for who-knows-what reasons.""

YA RIGHT. Nothing of the sort, but it is nice to see the way your mind works. Do you do things to shame others often? I am merely having some fun and challenging people to PICK A WINNING OR LOSING SEASON. Boy I guess this is the dumbest thing that has ever been posted on a NFL site! You make me laugh.

OK, finland...just take the medication now.

I think a reasonable prediction would be 7-9 wins, therefore I played it safe and in my profile am predicting 8-8. By that I mean, we're going to be on the brink of being a playoff contender but most likely only be off by a couple of games. Of course my thoughts and predictions are going to change, but that's what I think as of now.

Finland, Just ask if we will have a winning or losing season and let people pick sides. I say winning season @ 10-6.

jnewmant said:
or here's a bright idea you could use the search function before you post a new thread when you could have just voiced this opinion in one of the many other dolphin's record thread instead of wasting bankwidth and server space

OR, people who don't like the title of a post can avoid opening it, therefore not entitling themselves to post a smart remark about what some other people may deem worthy to discuss.

**Just HAD to add my two cents worth**

I say we don't make it to 9-7 but, we are better than 7-9.

I've always figured 6-10. Show some modest improvement and land us one of those 4 premier LT's in the next draft.

By the way...worse thread evah! 1 star rating.

I remember last year when everyone was saying 10-6....and THEN Ricky screwed us over. It reminds me of the old saying by Santayana: "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it." Every year people come in here predicting 10-6 or 12-4, but coming off of a 4-12 season, teams rarely go from lousy to first place in one year.....Carolina and San Diego turned it around quickly, but you have to have patience....we have a new coach, a new system, and uncertainty at our QB position. I think we will be better, but 8-8 is realistic given our schedule.

8-8 is actually pretty good for a team coming off 4-12 season. With the amount of holes that we have on this team I am hoping that 8-8 is at least doable. I think many of us are thinking that somehow the Phins are going to turn this thing around this season...you're setting yourself up for major dissapointment. Be patient.

Finland said:
What is the point of the people that predict 8-8 as a season record?

Probably because you think the damn team is going 8-8...:rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom