Predictions of Eight & Eight Stink | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predictions of Eight & Eight Stink

Winning season @ 10 - 6 (#5 Seed in AFC playoffs). Losses to PATRIOTS (2) , CHIEFS, FALCONS, JETS (1) BILLS (1).

ch19079 said:
i predict 7-9.

but the way the NFL is, you may win 10 or loose 10.

but ill give reasons:
your D wont be what it has been the past few seasons, cus you lost 3 of your 4 starters in the secondary, and replaced them with lesser tallent, (for the most part). LBs are very good, but getting older, and 1 is comming off an injury. (but they are still VERY good)
your D-Line is improved but also older. rookies usually dont help much their first year, and the gaps from last year were filled with older players. but i think the D-Line is improved over last season.

overall the D is weaker. (IMO)

and your O is improved, Brown SHOULD run well, but RBs RARELY have 1300 yard rookie seasons. and R. Williams ability is questionable. (but RB is better than last year.

O-Line is improved, but still not good enough,
WRs are good, but will they all perform like there former selves, (except chambers who is, and has been, consistantly very good). improvement over last season.

that leaves QB, which has to be improved, even if its only slightly. (im thinking, more experience = better play). so another improvment.

all in all, improved Offense (though not greatly improved)
weaker Defense (improved rush D, but much weaker pass D)

definatly not a 4 win team, but not a 10 win team eather (IMO).

Very realistic post except the fact that our D-Line should be significantly improved just because of our DT rotation and Kevin Carter. Our run stopping ability should be significantly good, and our pass defense will be good as long as we can get pressure on the QB (our secondary is on hurt though for sure)

Anyone know the most ties a team has had in a season?

Kolbiss said:
I predict .............8-8

Since I started this thread...I have to say Kolbiss, I found your post very funny (really) I guess only because it was a Buffalo fan stirring the pot.

The last time I was in Buffalo to the Miami game it was great. The fans there didn't seem to like either QB because the coach had it so f**ked up. When Johnson was in we yelled "Johnson Sucks" and when flutie was in we yelled "Flutie is a Flake"...at the top of our lungs, and everyone in ear shot joined in. After the game the local station sliced the Coach for 2 hours straight on the radio.

Finland said:
What is the point of the people that predict 8-8 as a season record?

What kind of prediction is that? Can you get any safer? I would think you should not even predict unless you are saying at least 9-7 or higher or 7-9 or lower. Anyone can say 8-8 and be almost assured of being reasonably correct.

I say 10-6 but will fall short to 9-7 and just miss the playoffs once again. But at least you know what side of 8-8 I stand on. The season will be fun and memorable for the most part with a few great games.

Ok, I guess I won't be predicting then....

Finland said:
Anyone know the most ties a team has had in a season?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Most Tie Games, Season[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6 Chicago Bears, 1932 [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 Frankford, 1929

4 Chicago Bears, 1924​
Orange, 1929​
Portsmouth, 1932​

[/font]

Back
Top Bottom