Preseason being shortened, effect on Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preseason being shortened, effect on Tua

With the number of new players we'll have this year, and the limited practice/preseason, it's going to be a brutal start to the season for inexperienced/young teams such as the Fins. I'd never play Tua until much later in the season (assuming healthy/ready). But I don't think the lack of preseason makes a difference, he won't be ready in either case. IMO

Tua has to play, no question. Stop worrying about an injury. He’s drafted at number 5 he must start this year. I don’t believe it has to be after a certain number of games. When the OL starts to gel you implement Tua. Of course I wouldn’t start him with the OL we had last year.

I would shorten the preseason by one game and not two. The more practice the better, and we get to see more of the rooks - this will make it easier for our coaches in their evaluations. Two games is too short in my book.

I would shorten the preseason by one game and not two. The more practice the better, and we get to see more of the rooks - this will make it easier for our coaches in their evaluations. Two games is too short in my book.
Players will have to come in shape, be evaluated as far as playbook goes via video conference being quized on the playbook. When they do hit the field they will have to make the most of there time.

Players will have to come in shape, be evaluated as far as playbook goes via video conference being quized on the playbook. When they do hit the field they will have to make the most of there time.

Players will be rotated with much more frequency; that's for certain.

Speculation is just that now, the coaches probably don’t even know yet, gonna depend on how it all looks once training camp starts, then what actually happens during the year. Good chance the season is shortened or doesn’t happen at all. As for him having to play , that’s wrong, he absolutely Does
not have to play.

I love the optimism but I think only Dolphins fans think Miami is a playoff team. I do however share your sentiment that we will be much better this year.
If a lot of things go "right", they could possibly make/be in contention for the playoffs.

From a national perspective, there are more questions than answers.

Who says the Dolphins aren't a playoff team? We finished pretty strong and have improved quite a bit. The Ravens and Chiefs are set to return....but the Pats who we beat the last game, the Bills and Titans are wild card teams from last year. I think the AFC is open, as is our division.
I think they are still in rebuilding mode and therefore I don’t see them being a playoff caliber team at this time. I think if you look at the over under win totals in Las Vegas, the majority of the betting public also do not view the Dolphins as a playoff team in 2020.
I think the Dolphins will be a better team in 2020 than they were in 2019 and yet their record might end up being no better in 2020. The schedule appears to be much tougher in 2020 and with the reduced pre season it is going to be harder to get all the younger players on the same page early in the season. I expect the Dolphins to be a better team at the end of the season than they will be when the season begins but I still think a 5 or 6 win season is probably where the Dolphins will end up in 2020.
I certainly hope they surprise and win at least 8 games but I just don’t see them making the playoffs in 2020. I am okay with this because I never thought this was a one year rebuild. I do expect them to be a legitimate playoff contender by 2021 and I will consider the rebuild a bust if they aren’t a playoff team in 2022.

While, the PS is shortened, there's nothing about the fact that the teams won't still have a scrimmage to take the place of the missing games as we all know that is key to being ready for the season.

I think they are still in rebuilding mode and therefore I don’t see them being a playoff caliber team at this time. I think if you look at the over under win totals in Las Vegas, the majority of the betting public also do not view the Dolphins as a playoff team in 2020.
I think the Dolphins will be a better team in 2020 than they were in 2019 and yet their record might end up being no better in 2020. The schedule appears to be much tougher in 2020 and with the reduced pre season it is going to be harder to get all the younger players on the same page early in the season. I expect the Dolphins to be a better team at the end of the season than they will be when the season begins but I still think a 5 or 6 win season is probably where the Dolphins will end up in 2020.
I certainly hope they surprise and win at least 8 games but I just don’t see them making the playoffs in 2020. I am okay with this because I never thought this was a one year rebuild. I do expect them to be a legitimate playoff contender by 2021 and I will consider the rebuild a bust if they aren’t a playoff team in 2022.

So many variables. Assuming 17 games (I'm pessimistic), a number of us have been saying to ignore the first 6 games. Maybe the last 6 games they play like a playoff team, but those 1st 6 games will hurt. As for TT, again so many variables. I'm not too concerned about the injury. I expect RF to start only because he's the vet. The biggest questions, IMO, with TT are the number of games.in the season and the W/L of the 1st few games. If there are only 10 games, TT's chances of significant playing time are reduced. If RF gets Miami to 4-2 (example only) and playing well, TT's chances are reduced.

As for PS, I'm not certain how much a limit of two games will hurt. It will certainly reduce his reps and comfort level when he does play and he'll have less reps with the starting receivers. A big unknown is how many snaps Rosen will get.

Who says the Dolphins aren't a playoff team? We finished pretty strong and have improved quite a bit. The Ravens and Chiefs are set to return....but the Pats who we beat the last game, the Bills and Titans are wild card teams from last year. I think the AFC is open, as is our division.
I agree with this. I truly think we have as good a chance as anyone to win the division.

Think it won’t matter. They’ll be lucky to get two games in this year before they shut it down.

While, the PS is shortened, there's nothing about the fact that the teams won't still have a scrimmage to take the place of the missing games as we all know that is key to being ready for the season.

They could hold an inter-squad scrimage, but they have already ruled out joint team practices and scrimmages.

The Dolphins aren’t a playoff team at this time. Let Fitzpatrick start the season while the OL develops.
I would have no problem if Tua didn’t play at all in 2020 but I can see him getting some starts late in the season to get prepared to take over full time in 2021.
Not sure I would write them off, Dolphins may just have the best passing game in the AFC-E

Back
Top Bottom