Preston Williams Addresses ‘challenging’ Preseason Game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams Addresses ‘challenging’ Preseason Game

The saddest part is that he actually came down with both feet in bounds on that sick catch. It was ruled no catch because his toe touched the sideline before the catch...so he was out of bounds and came back in bounds to make the catch. Should have been a highlight-reel TD catch if not for the tip of his toe before the catch.
You from Pa?

Thoughts on his route running ?

I’m still trying to get a read on it. Seems like guys close awfully quick to the ball. Is that route concept relative to coverage played or is it he’s physical at the top of the route but lacks juice to maintain separation after the catch? Still trying to figure it out.

I haven't watched any preseason games yet. And I appreciate all the hype about this kid. And I expect their to be negativity over a preseason hype.

But, if I recall, Flores is about earning your keep. The kid obviously has potential just from what he has shown. But, let's not forget he was an UDFA passed on for whatever reasons.

So, no matter how much his past is in his rear view mirror... no matter how much talent he has.... it is up to him to prove he can become a consistent and reliable professional day in and day out.

Now is when you humble a player and make him become what he is capable. Flores knows the value of keeping him grounded and making him learn from mistakes.

So, I'm sure we will see more of this "rise and fall", "up and down" potential vs. production in his game until Flores and Co finally get this kid thinking like a professional. It might take a few years, but I'd rather take it slow and groom this kid into a polished professional who doesn't let the little distractions disrupt his game. Instead of letting him believe his own hype and flying off the rails in a few years.

Parker has been this cycle way too long. He's just now eating humble pie but still needs to stop letting little injuries prevent him from being on the field.

If these two can overcome maturities... we could have a special group on our hands. Otherwise, it will always just be about potential. Potential doesn't win games.

Lived there previously. Never changed the name when I moved back to NJ.

You?
Yup, born and raised in Easton, now up in the Poconos. I thought to myself, either he has an affinity for silverware or he was from Forks Township (Easton)... :hi::up:

That’s what I don’t like about this board. Guy comes in, has a different opinion and gets ridiculed and insulted immediately.
There's the other side to this, guys come in trolling all the time, looking to stir the pot and entice negative reactions... You are correct, many around these parts look for an opportunity to jump down throats of posters they don't particularly agree with, which is wrong, but some intentionally instigate the negative responses. It goes both ways and I think it's ridiculous either way...

Yup, born and raised in Easton, now up in the Poconos. I thought to myself, either he has an affinity for silverware or he was from Forks Township (Easton)... :hi::up:

Yeah, I lived in Forks for about 7 years...starting around the same time I joined FinHeaven...LOL.

Haha....no. Further down in south Jersey.
Nice!
Haha....no. Further down in south Jersey.
Hey jump over to the Lounge and check things out. We have a lot of new guys coming over, it's a lot of fun without the pressure. Most main posters haven't been there and have no clue what they're missing out on. Go have some fun!

There's the other side to this, guys come in trolling all the time, looking to stir the pot and entice negative reactions... You are correct, many around these parts look for an opportunity to jump down throats of posters they don't particularly agree with, which is wrong, but some intentionally instigate the negative responses. It goes both ways and I think it's ridiculous either way...

I've been on this board for years and never been called a troll.....once. Says a lot about some people on this board. I hope I'm wrong about this guy but i doubt it

Back
Top Bottom