Preston Williams missed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams missed

The only thing with Michael Thomas is how much of that is Drew Brees….ala Jimmy Graham and several others? He seems to have an attitude as well.
They said that same thing about Diggs. Specially about the attitude.

Another that might be available is Ju Ju, but like Brown I am not sure he is a No 1 WR.

Preston Williams is a decent 3rd or 4th WR on most teams in the NFL. Unfortunately the Dolphins just don’t have much at the WR position once you get past Parker. They have a lot of 4th or 5th type WR’s now on the roster who just don’t create any separation when running their routes. It is this lack of talent at the WR position which actually makes Williams appear to be better than he is with the Dolphins.

I think the loss of Hurns and Wilson prior to the season when both of them opted out because of the virus was actually more of a loss in the passing game than the loss of Williams. To me Williams is just too inconsistent and drops too many very catchable balls. I would love to see the Dolphins draft another top tier WR to play opposite Parker. This would allow Williams to be a 3rd or 4th WR on the roster.
Wilson for sure! This team is missing a true number one and a true slot receiver! Wilson started coming back to form late last year. He was taring it up when he first got here, before the first injury.

They said that same thing about Diggs. Specially about the attitude.

Another that might be available is Ju Ju, but like Brown I am not sure he is a No 1 WR.
I think the Diggs thing was overblown. Thomas to me has too much of a Brandon Marshall vibe. Just MHO.

I know Williams had a few drops, but he is absolutely missed. The guy has a very quick step and can beat coverage almost immediately. He also took pressure and double teams off of Parker. He is closer to a number one than Parker is, in my opinion. Parker is more of a possession guy you can throw it up to in one on one situations. You could also do that with Williams, so it helped to have both of them. Now that that is gone, teams can double team Parker. We need another receiver like that!
I absolutely agree with this take; I said something very similar last night.

Those that are slamming Preston may have forgotten something about DVP. Namely, he had the VERY same problem his first few years in the league. There are those on this forum who told me that 1) Receivers never get better at catching the ball and 2) DVP never would either.

Now, I won't mention their names... ahem... but they were wrong, wrong, WRRRRRONG. BUZZZZZ!

Sometimes, when a young receiver has a case of the dropsies, it is just a problem with immaturity. They have not matured enough to make the leap from I'm gonna get a big play and be a star, to... if I catch this pass, the team wins and we'll all be stars.

DVP was written off by at least half the members of this board, but now look at him. ...and when Preston is active, you'll find DVP in Preston's ear. So, don't be impatient. Take a deep breath and remember, some players get better. Indeed, some players get WAAAY better. DVP did.

The only thing with Michael Thomas is how much of that is Drew Brees….ala Jimmy Graham and several others? He seems to have an attitude as well.
Actually his contract is more of a reason for me. The guy caught 9-100+ from T. Hill.

I think the Diggs thing was overblown. Thomas to me has too much of a Brandon Marshall vibe. Just MHO.
Well I am sure Flores would be the one signing off, and after a discussion, maybe Thomas isnt the fit (I would hate to see him in Dolphins Colors), Evans might be the guy to go after.

I made the names based on how I think they would be shopped and who I would hate to see as a Bills fan in the Fins Uniforms. Those are the 3 that jumped right out at me.

The first thing this team needs to do is shore up the offensive line!!!

Trading Forde was a mistake obvious at this point. I was under the impression that our staff had his replacement waiting in the wings in one of the other younger recievers or Callaway. Forde could fill in every WR position on the field and was super dependable as our 3rd wide out which is very important for a rookie QB. Consider that both Parker and Williams are injury prone and this proved to be a gamble that did not pay off.

I absolutely agree with this take; I said something very similar last night.

Those that are slamming Preston may have forgotten something about DVP. Namely, he had the VERY same problem his first few years in the league. There are those on this forum who told me that 1) Receivers never get better at catching the ball and 2) DVP never would either.

Now, I won't mention their names... ahem... but they were wrong, wrong, WRRRRRONG. BUZZZZZ!

Sometimes, when a young receiver has a case of the dropsies, it is just a problem with immaturity. They have not matured enough to make the leap from I'm gonna get a big play and be a star, to... if I catch this pass, the team wins and we'll all be stars.

DVP was written off by at least half the members of this board, but now look at him. ...and when Preston is active, you'll find DVP in Preston's ear. So, don't be impatient. Take a deep breath and remember, some players get better. Indeed, some players get WAAAY better. DVP did.
What is all of this? Parker's issue was never about catching or any of that. Parker's issue was that he was soft and fell apart any time he was nicked up and played like normal when he was completely healthy which isn't great since nobody is completely healthy in the NFL.

He said it himself. He learned that he could play through things that he would have sat for earlier in his career. THAT'S the difference with Parker.

What is all of this? Parker's issue was never about catching or any of that. Parker's issue was that he was soft and fell apart any time he was nicked up and played like normal when he was completely healthy which isn't great since nobody is completely healthy in the NFL.

He said it himself. He learned that he could play through things that he would have sat for earlier in his career. THAT'S the difference with Parker.
Yes, he did have injury issues...but he also had a stint of drop issues and was causing interceptions by either not fighting for the ball or tips there for a bit.

Stop it.

He dropped many a ball.

Your narrative is... how shall I put this... crap.

Wilkins was missed! The offense is so bad, I don't know where to begin.

You are correct. Parker’s issue wasn’t that he dropped a lot of passes. He simply missed too many games early in his career because of nagging injuries he had trouble playing through. Williams has also had injury issues but he has also dropped a lot of catchable balls. He is certainly the best WR on the roster at this time behind Parker but I still don’t see him as a #1 or #2 WR on most of the teams in the NFL. I think he would be a very good #3 or #4 WR for the Dolphins but I think adding a top WR to complement Parker is a must in the off season.

Having Parker and another top tier WR as #1 and 2, along with Wilson in the slot and Williams in the 4 wide WR set would certainly make this a much better WR unit next season.

The fact that Preston Williams is “missed” should speak volumes on where Miami is on offensive weapons.

Back
Top Bottom