Preston Williams

Reaction score
I think people overrated him based on how well the first half of the season went for him, pre-injury.

Obviously I hope he does well but he just seems slow. Can’t get away from any DBs. Our receiving corps already has two huge, lumbering, contested catch type WRs (including Gesicki). Preston just seems like a redundancy.

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
For all the hype, this guy plays exactly like an UDFA. Hes a 5th WR on most teams...on the Raiders, he's on PS. Yet he starts for the Fins. He's a joke. A very bad joke. The sooner the Dolohins move on from him the better they'll be.

But is the joke funny? I’d at least like to get a good laugh out of it.

ANUFan

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I'm sticking to the VIP section.

I dare say even with a Superbowl win i would still expect at least 50% of our threads to carry a negative tone.

P.Williams is an UDFA that performed very well and got hurt to end his season.
P.Williams is coming of a knee injury.
P.Williams like everyone else didn't have an offseason program.

It's okay considering the truncated season, the guy coming of injury, and in a new offense.

Oh, did i mention it's only been TWO games and we've played TWO of the better secondaries in the entire NFL? Of which, our top reciever went out making it even more challening?

Onto the VIP section....These threads...YIKES!

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
It is quite remarkable that he is out there playing less than 1 year after his injury, surgery and recovery. Most players do not get back to pre-injury form (100%) for 18 months. Take into account the other factors already discussed it will be a slow start for him. I expect him to get better throughout the season. He is one of our less pressing concerns.

Andyman

Canadian Fin Fan
Reaction score
I'm sticking to the VIP section.

I dare say even with a Superbowl win i would still expect at least 50% of our threads to carry a negative tone.

P.Williams is an UDFA that performed very well and got hurt to end his season.
P.Williams is coming of a knee injury.
P.Williams like everyone else didn't have an offseason program.

It's okay considering the truncated season, the guy coming of injury, and in a new offense.

Oh, did i mention it's only been TWO games and we've played TWO of the better secondaries in the entire NFL? Of which, our top reciever went out making it even more challening?

Onto the VIP section....These threads...YIKES!
Thank you for bringing in some sanity. Not sure what's wrong with some posters...

Fin-Loco

Submarine Screen Door Slammer
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
For all the hype, this guy plays exactly like an UDFA. Hes a 5th WR on most teams...on the Raiders, he's on PS. Yet he starts for the Fins. He's a joke. A very bad joke. The sooner the Dolohins move on from him the better they'll be.
I think that your viewpoint is a a bit obtuse. He WAS a UDFA and was doing great but missed half of his rookie year now he's two games in. Give the kid a chance. Got someone better?

Dolph N.Fan

Taylor Club
Reaction score
Thank you for bringing in some sanity. Not sure what's wrong with some posters...
People are tired of every player on this team not producing, and seeing constant excuses made for why a player is sucking:

“They didn’t have a preseason“
“They didn’t have an off-season “
“It’s year 2 of a 10 year rebuild“
“This is basically Preston’s rookie season“
“These are all new coaches”
“Miami played 2 playoff teams”
“The players are young”

AZStryker

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
People are tired of every player on this team not producing, and seeing constant excuses made for why a player is sucking:

“The players are young”

man the excuses started during the Fiedler years, picked up a bit for Henne’s tenure, snowballed for Gase and Tannehill, and now are in a complete free fall. I’ll admit it bought into the excuses for a lot of that period but I just can’t do that anymore.

Dolph N.Fan

Taylor Club
Reaction score
man the excuses started during the Fiedler years, picked up a bit for Henne’s tenure, snowballed for Gase and Tannehill, and now are in a complete free fall. I’ll admit it bought into the excuses for a lot of that period but I just can’t do that anymore.
Again I’m not even upset about the losses anymore because I’m not expecting wins, but it’s still disheartening that Miami still isn’t even showing signs of getting the basics down. Miami just bullied two games in a row.

ANUFan

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score

“The players are young”

There's wishful thinking and a thing called reality.
There are too many madden players.
Increase the juice here and bam..100% rating team.

It just doesn't work like that.
That's a FACT not an excuse.
UDFA rarely go from that status to all-pro the next year and of coming season ending injuries.
Hell, 1st round picks rarely do that!

If some folks are tired then perhaps they should rest!

ANUFan

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
If i disagree then "List out why?"
You have to be kidding considering the majority of my post is why i disagree..

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom