Pretty sure McDaniel is our new head coach by this time tomorrow. That's all. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pretty sure McDaniel is our new head coach by this time tomorrow. That's all.

I don't think Ross is going to continue being majority owner of the team for very much longer. And I think McDaniel (Yale graduate) is smart enough to read the tea leaves and so, basically, doesn't care. You really think he wants to stay in SF and build his resume on the arm of Trey Lance?
Niners ownership wasnt accused of bribing coaches to lose games.

Hopefully Billicheck doesn't have Mikeys phone number as he is not one of his disciples

I've seen reports that his 2nd interview was today and others that it is tomorrow and other reported it was monday then backtracked...when is his actual 2nd interview?
50/50 that it's never.

Head Coach Josh Boyer....

One of the factors that will lead to McDaniel taking the job tomorrow IMO: He has a good relationship with John Elway.

Today, Elway came out and put Flores on blast for making accusations that he was hung over during their interview in 2019 and he actually made some pretty good points. Pointing out that if he looked tired or “disheveled”, it might just have something to do with the fact that he had flown to Rhode Island overnight to interview Flores after conducting interviews in Denver the previous day.

All of Flores’ accusations are pretty damning, but they don’t necessarily mean that everybody in coaching circles are now going to refuse to be associated with the Miami Dolphins. McDaniel knows John Elway pretty well, and could easily see Flores as somebody with an axe to grind who just attacked one of his good buddies.

I’d be surprised if he took the job. That said, at least the Dolphins aren’t being accused of racist hiring practices or making a mockery of the Rooney rule. That’s the only silver lining right now. If Ross and Grier can do their best PR work in that interview, who knows. He could take the job and get what he wants in the process. People forget things pretty quickly in the nfl and the dolphins story will probably get buried here soon by all the hiring practices stuff

Biggest no brainer in the history of sports.

Also excited at what his loss would do to the Niners offense, which already going to likely decline with some expected turnover.

BYOFB. Bring your own Full Back.

It's no worse than the patriots deflate gate and New Orleans bounty gate

Doubtful Dolphins' brass lets McDaniel leave tomorrow without offering him the job.

On his end, he's in a great bargaining position to ask for (and get) pretty much whatever he wants or feels he needs to succeed.

I see this happening and I see it as the first step of many distancing the team from the steaming pile of sh't Flores has taken on the franchise.
If you are wrong then you need to be banned for life

Back
Top Bottom