Pro football talk article is a bullseye | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro football talk article is a bullseye

Came down to Tua. Grier and Ross wanted to build around Tua, Flores has been crying trying to set Tua up for failure ever since he was drafted rather than work with what you got.

A lot of truth to that. Flores hiring Chan Gailey signified to all of us how little he knows about that side of the ball though.

The best thing that couldn't happened to Brian Flores was being the worst team in the NFL in 2019. Those first 7 games were beautiful. Then we beat the Jets and 4 more teams. Wonderful. You walked about from Joe Burrow.

Flo was in a hurry in 2019 to rebuild. Couldn't just be patient and take your lumps. Then he thought he could win something in 2020 with Fitz?

These are monumental errors.

Justin Herbert wasn't the mistake.

Not having the No.1 pick is the mistake that literally cost us trophies.

This is why I will NEVER applaud anything Fitzpatrick did for us. It helped no one. AND it was obvious while it was happening that it wasn't going to help us.

Dan Snyder. Jerry Jones. etc. Ross has made a lot of awful decisions but this is a ridiculous take.

Is the personality the HC presents, the same as his locker room personality? It seems non existent. Not a super effective commmunicator either. Might have been a good move.

Came down to Tua. Grier and Ross wanted to build around Tua, Flores has been crying trying to set Tua up for failure ever since he was drafted rather than work with what you got.

Put me down in the boat as agreeing with Flo on that but being fine with his firing regardless.

If a true offensive mind comes here and says Tua is the guy, you know what? In that case I promise to be more positive on his potential.

Thanks for your genuine contribution to the forum.
It was at least on par with your assertion of the team being a laughing stock. Flores made them a laughing stock. The team has decent young pieces and assets to build around but were held back by a stubborn coaching staff in way over its head.

While I have ZERO faith in Ross as an owner, there are a few factors that could make this a justifiable firing.

First of all, Flores never showed any competence on the Offensive side of the ball. I also don’t think the decision to fire Flores was made until after a face to face, end of season meeting with Flores.

Maybe details will come out, but if Flores refused to move on from the dual OC fiasco or fire his O-Line coach, what choice would Ross have? We absolutely can’t run it back and expect anything but another disappointing season.

Flores could have absolutely thought he had enough juice after winning 8 out of the last 9 games and simply overplayed his hand.

That being said, with this franchise and this owner, who the hell knows at this point? It sucks, but I have ZERO faith the next coaching hire will yield any different results.

Ehh. The guy knows how to run a successful business. Giving people a job to do and then letting them do it without your thumb on them is not being inept. It also appears he holds Dan in very high regard so it's not like he doesn't have ears in the building.
The issue with Ross is not that he lets staff do their jobs without his thumb on them. It's that he hasn't cared enough about learning football to make proper evaluations as to which staff he should hire and trust.

Back
Top Bottom