Pro football talk article is a bullseye | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro football talk article is a bullseye

We are the laughingstock right now.
Only because most pundits don't follow Miami to know what the real problems are. Flores is a great coach...blah blah blah. Really? Can't beat the decent teams, worst running game in NFL, worst O-Line in NFL and basically one legit WR who is a rookie. 0 playoff games in 3yrs etc etc. Poor Drafting. Paying £10 mil to a one year WR that came with a sick note and a 3 game ban. List goes on. Like I said though, you don't hear many pundits mentioning hardly any of those facts but remember everybody!... Flores is a great HC....Blah blah blah.
For the record I'm not a Grier fan either and Ross can sell up as well. He's had his chance as owner. Done Jack.

How can anybody praise Ross with his track record. If he was a HC or GM he would have been fired years ago. Owners will always get a free pass because he's not even in the firing line. I'm suprised Ross doesn't get much more flack from fans.

This organization has been cursed since they acted as if Joe Robbie didn’t exist. Didn’t they put his statue in a warehouse at one point?

I don’t buy this article for one second.

Ross may not be an expert about football - but one thing he’s exceptionally good at is running organizations. The same basic principles apply.

just because the guy is in NY, doesn’t mean he doesn’t know what’s going on. It’s not that far, and ultimately Ross is heavily invested so why would he be absentee? That doesn’t make any sense

Flo got fired because he and other important ppl - namely Grier - are not on the same page and it was creating problems. Ross felt Griers body of work was worth keeping around and Flo got the axe.

I hate that we are changing coaches and liked Flo. But there were some red flags from the onset - weird drama with minkah, constant coaching churn, weird beef with tua - just to name a few. Add to that consistent slow starts each year culminating in a 1-7 record that included a loss to the dreadful jags.
Then should have fired Grier, he nothing but an old useless twit that likes having a GM kiss his buttocks.

I like the sentiment here..

All season long: the offensive line sucks! Tua is being broken by a horrible, no good, very bad line!

Now: "I have no problem with how Grier built the team."

I like the sentiment here..

All season long: the offensive line sucks! Tua is being broken by a horrible, no good, very bad line!

Now: "I have no problem with how Grier built the team."
But like....who's coaching them? rather, who was?

But like....who's coaching them? rather, who was?

There's no level of bad coaching that can explain some of the awful play we saw. It's not like this is the 1st time they've played football. Grier and Flores should have been fired.

There's no level of bad coaching that can explain some of the awful play we saw. It's not like this is the 1st time they've played football. Grier and Flores should have been fired.
talent without training is nothing lol. it's beyond illogical to see the rooks last year be, for all intents, borderline ok to historically bad. oline to me is pointed right at Flo and his hiring of a nobody, not the talent invested

Just because you can run a real estate business doesn't mean you know how to run an NFL franchise. And the Dolphins constant dysfunctionality and mediocrity for the ENTIRE tenor of Ross's ownership is all the proof you need. It is all Ross's fault and it always has been
Wayne Huizinga wasnt exactly killin it in the last many years of his ownership, either.

Only because most pundits don't follow Miami to know what the real problems are. Flores is a great coach...blah blah blah. Really? Can't beat the decent teams, worst running game in NFL, worst O-Line in NFL and basically one legit WR who is a rookie. 0 playoff games in 3yrs etc etc. Poor Drafting. Paying £10 mil to a one year WR that came with a sick note and a 3 game ban. List goes on. Like I said though, you don't hear many pundits mentioning hardly any of those facts but remember everybody!... Flores is a great HC....Blah blah blah.
For the record I'm not a Grier fan either and Ross can sell up as well. He's had his chance as owner. Done Jack.
I am all in on flores getting the bums rush. We all saw why bill billicheck only let him fetch coffee or change printer cartridges until his last season in new england.

However, you blamed Flores for stuff he had nothing to do with such as free agents, draft pics, paying free agents, paying anybody.

Flores was responsible for: Coaching the team. Deciding who starts. Who plays. Who doesn't. Hiring/firing assistants. He failed at 95.5% of his job. Yeah he won 8 to finish the season. But, he LOST 7 to start the year and missed the playoffs. Almost carbon copy of last year. With better players than the previous year. Buh-By!!

Grier has failed across the board save a few lucky guesses in the draft this year. Both coaches he hired failed. He has overseen and facilitated a team voted least talented since arriving. His free agent signings? Yeah. So...He can't hire coaches. He cant draft unless you consider consistantly bad a talent. So, why wasnt he fired FIRST?

He should have been. Ross's first bad decision of the 2022 season and surely more to come.

I am all in on flores getting the bums rush. We all saw why bill billicheck only let him fetch coffee or change printer cartridges until his last season in new england.

However, you blamed Flores for stuff he had nothing to do with such as free agents, draft pics, paying free agents, paying anybody.

Flores was responsible for: Coaching the team. Deciding who starts. Who plays. Who doesn't. Hiring/firing assistants. He failed at 95.5% of his job. Yeah he won 8 to finish the season. But, he LOST 7 to start the year and missed the playoffs. Almost carbon copy of last year. With better players than the previous year. Buh-By!!

Grier has failed across the board save a few lucky guesses in the draft this year. Both coaches he hired failed. He has overseen and facilitated a team voted least talented since arriving. His free agent signings? Yeah. So...He can't hire coaches. He cant draft unless you consider consistantly bad a talent. So, why wasnt he fired FIRST?

He should have been. Ross's first bad decision of the 2022 season and surely more to come.
Agree about Grier. 100%. I know its not all on Flores. If Grier was that good his name would not be doing the rounds on social media regarding getting fired. I think he's been lucky to go with Flores. Very lucky. Maybe his 21yrs with Miami saved him, maybe it's the cap room and draft picks he's accumulated. I put this on Ross whom to be honest I don't rate as an owner. Its been his ship and its been rudderless and going nowhere fast under his ownership. Ross couldn't help gushing over the young squad and cap room in his press conference yesterday. Should be about the team getting to the playoffs but im not the owner.
I do think the team needs a new GM. Sweep the slate clean and put in somebody fresh that has at least a decent CV regarding hiring, drafting and putting a team together. I'm pretty sure the Miami squad with its young team, great cap room and decent draft picks would all be tempting to a new GM but my worry is Grier will do "ok" and keep the team stagnant and going nowhere which to be honest is his speciality.

Back
Top Bottom