Pro football talk article is a bullseye | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro football talk article is a bullseye

This firing was justified. However, if ross does not get rid of 1 draft wonder gm grier then the circus will continue and clowns will still run the big top.

Fans either dont keep up with the team, forget or dont care but 2 days after flores was hired the front office announced to the press that GRIER ran the draft and f/a and decided on ALL player hirings. Flores coached the team and hired/fired his staff. Ross and grier hire the head coach.

The ONLY way this works firing flo is firing grier who brought in much more failures in players than his 2021 lucky few. Grier wanted flores. He got him. And should go out with him.

Anybody think all of a sudden grier is now a master draft wiz after getting 1 draft right after so many failures? Grier will waste the young talent we have with more bad f/a's and drafts. Ross must get a NEW gm BEFORE a coach so the gm can have his guy. Then gm hires coach who can build a staff. Right now the job is HALF done. Grier must go. If not, 3-4 more years of misery.

Ross fired Gase, one of the darlings of the league, after three years, and the guy that was loved so much that he was hired immediately by another team ended up being so bad that he barely avoided going winless last year.

Team may have been 70 percent of the way to getting where it needed to be, but that other 30 percent was just entirely unable to be fixed by a guy who was so toxic he couldn't get offensive coaches to work with him.

Ross gave Sparano and Philbin a 4th year, both of whom showed better or at least roughly the same promise, and these guys were so bad in that last year they didn't even last 1/2 a season.

Some good comments however as well, people get on Snyder and others as being too involved and not letting football people run the show. The day of the strong GM seems to be gone, I think at this point I prefer the next coach to be experienced and also be in charge of all player decisions. Get a GM like Joe Banner that is the numbers guy and works the cap.

I have 0 issue with how Grier has built this team.

If it's true that Grier and Flo didn't agree on key decisions and Ross chose Grier, that tells me there are very specific things Flores wanted that bit our *** this year.

Maybe Grier was insistent we hire a top quality OC or OL coach but Flores got his way.

Maybe Grier wanted to address the OL in a different way.

You never really know, but from the wording of the team release it's clear this article is just BS.
No, but he's responsible for drafting and that has been spotty to poor.

The people defending Flores as a great HC have no clue about football. You really think Flores wasnt hands down the worst game manager you've ever seen?
When the weather forecast was freezing rain vs the Titans we never even bothered to game plan for that according to the players. Flores, is always using "time-outs" in the most ridiculous of ways.
His challenges are straight up moronic. The team turned things around after a "Player only meeting". You also realize, our OC's were complete jokes as well? Analysts are constantly laughing about our pre-school playbook.
Not to mention we barely ran the ball with a running back averaging 7.2 YPC on 7 runs and threw the ball 30+ times in freezing rain. Flores, is not a good coach.
I also want to add, has any BB been a successful HC? According to this article they are acting like BB has created this amazing lineage of talented HC's. The truth is the opposite, they've ALL failed.

A lot of truth to that. Flores hiring Chan Gailey signified to all of us how little he knows about that side of the ball though.

The best thing that couldn't happened to Brian Flores was being the worst team in the NFL in 2019. Those first 7 games were beautiful. Then we beat the Jets and 4 more teams. Wonderful. You walked about from Joe Burrow.

Flo was in a hurry in 2019 to rebuild. Couldn't just be patient and take your lumps. Then he thought he could win something in 2020 with Fitz?

These are monumental errors.

Justin Herbert wasn't the mistake.

Not having the No.1 pick is the mistake that literally cost us trophies.

This is why I will NEVER applaud anything Fitzpatrick did for us. It helped no one. AND it was obvious while it was happening that it wasn't going to help us.

Agree. Flo being stubborn/abrasive/controlling did lead to his downfall. I suggested earlier this season that Flo's primary malfubtion was he had patience issues.

All-in all, these 4 traits have led to yet another reboot for the phins.

I don’t buy this article for one second.

Ross may not be an expert about football - but one thing he’s exceptionally good at is running organizations. The same basic principles apply.

just because the guy is in NY, doesn’t mean he doesn’t know what’s going on. It’s not that far, and ultimately Ross is heavily invested so why would he be absentee? That doesn’t make any sense

Flo got fired because he and other important ppl - namely Grier - are not on the same page and it was creating problems. Ross felt Griers body of work was worth keeping around and Flo got the axe.

I hate that we are changing coaches and liked Flo. But there were some red flags from the onset - weird drama with minkah, constant coaching churn, weird beef with tua - just to name a few. Add to that consistent slow starts each year culminating in a 1-7 record that included a loss to the dreadful jags.

Put me down in the boat as agreeing with Flo on that but being fine with his firing regardless.

If a true offensive mind comes here and says Tua is the guy, you know what? In that case I promise to be more positive on his potential.
Flo is now the most sought after coach on the market other than JH lol little league baseball teams are run better than this team

We already know this. His priorities are always in the wrong places.

Cares more about Michigan than Miami.

Worried about celebrities as minority owners with the dumb orange carpet.

Has a Tim Tebow day Even though Ross collects money from the University of Miami for playing games in his stadium, he celebrates a QB that was a rival to the Canes going up against his Dolphins.

Gives up Home games to london to host a SB

Asks the league to schedule less 1pm OCT/SEP home starts.

Tries to hire a coach while he still has one employed.

Fires coaches after giving them fake apology extensions (twice)

Asks another team permission to talk to their QB in the middle of the season when you just drafted one #5.

Just assume everything he does will inevitably be the wrong decision.

Agree. Flo being stubborn/abrasive/controlling did lead to his downfall. I suggested earlier this season that Flo's primary malfubtion was he had patience issues.

All-in all, these 4 traits have led to yet another reboot for the phins.

The good thing is the roster is intact.

We’re not starting over.

We’re progressing.

Flores can’t take the cap space and extra 2023 first round pick with him to his new job.

The people defending Flores as a great HC have no clue about football. You really think Flores wasnt hands down the worst game manager you've ever seen?
When the weather forecast was freezing rain vs the Titans we never even bothered to game plan for that according to the players. Flores, is always using "time-outs" in the most ridiculous of ways.
His challenges are straight up moronic. The team turned things around after a "Player only meeting". You also realize, our OC's were complete jokes as well? Analysts are constantly laughing about our pre-school playbook.
Not to mention we barely ran the ball with a running back averaging 7.2 YPC on 7 runs and threw the ball 30+ times in freezing rain. Flores, is not a good coach.
I also want to add, has any BB been a successful HC? According to this article they are acting like BB has created this amazing lineage of talented HC's. The truth is the opposite, they've ALL failed.

This times 5,123.

Bill has shown to be adaptable. None of his proteges to date have.

Back
Top Bottom