Pro Football Talk - "Mutual" Interest Between Dolphins and RB Aaron Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Talk - "Mutual" Interest Between Dolphins and RB Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones is young and has very little wear and tear. I’ve been advocating for him for a couple months now but I’m fearful his price tag will be too high. If we can get him on a deal, I’m all for it but I hope we don’t overpay. I still draft a RB.

Take him as a number 2, but his tag will be too high for a number 2

We won't sign a rb. With the amount of carries some of the backs with more production than gaskin were better. Give gaskin the Benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
I’d love him at 10-12 million but doubt he comes that cheap. I can’t see Miami paying top dollar for a RB but I know our staff wants one.

If the Fins are looking for any high priced FA, whether it be Jones, David or Goodwin, they more than likely will only be able to afford one. A person has to ask themselves. With our draft capital, which holes do you want to spend money on and which ones do you want to try to fix in the draft? IMO, they will take the best deal they can get in FA to fill one major hole and use the draft and lower priced FA's to try to fill the rest.

If they sign a players like Jones I could see the draft going like, 1a Chase and 1b being Parson or Collins.

If they sign a player like David, I could see them going Chase and Rousseau in the 1st with Williams in the 2nd.

We're still 3 weeks away from FA and 60+ from the draft. I have a feeling that in 4 weeks we'll be able to get a real good idea of what the Fins have planned for the 2021 offseason.

Mike Florio is an idiot. He has zero sources. Carry on
Anyone who truly believes this is the idiot. The guy was a lawyer who liked football, started a news/rumor site that turned into the most popular one on the net.....which he parlayed into a new career as NBC Sports main football news and insider man on their Sunday night national broadcast and weekly shows. I'd dare say he may be THE most connected news/insider guy working the NFL now. Like him or not, this guy works his ass off.

He’s quoting Barry Jackson.
We all know that Barry doesn’t have a clue when it comes to reporting : see exhibit Xavier Howard
He stirred a useless pot

let’s see where it goes

Id happily sign AJ to under 10mil per year. Usually I'm anti FA RB, but when you have a QB on a rookie contract you can spend elsewhere. Plus, Jones is still young and very talented. Would instantly improve the team.

Aaron Jones is young and has very little wear and tear. I’ve been advocating for him for a couple months now but I’m fearful his price tag will be too high. If we can get him on a deal, I’m all for it but I hope we don’t overpay. I still draft a RB.
He's young for every other position besides RB. Will turn 27 during the first season of the contract. Main thing going for him is low mileage his first 2 years.

But still, how often do these big long term RB signings after their rookie contracts work out?

If we can spend 12 million on 1 player, I'd hope we'd be able to allocated it better elsewhere.

Last edited:
Not liking it all - draft a hungry plug and let him play lots allow him to run his Butt off let him walk after his rook contract - wash, rinse repeat

Back
Top Bottom