Pro Football Talk - "Mutual" Interest Between Dolphins and RB Aaron Jones | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Talk - "Mutual" Interest Between Dolphins and RB Aaron Jones

I’d rather draft the RB and use money on a Shaq Barrett or David type player

We won't sign a rb. With the amount of carries some of the backs with more production than gaskin were better. Give gaskin the Benefit of the doubt.
I have no problem with Gaskin, in fact I like him.

I also realize he is only part of the solution. We need to draft another back in rd2 or rd3 at the latest.

RBs getting paid top money in FA never seem to workout. It’s usually the veteran ones that get let go later in the pre-season and sign for a one year deal usually do somewhat better. Lol bet Houston regrets signing Lamar Miller away for all that $$$$

I have no problem with Gaskin, in fact I like him.

I also realize he is only part of the solution. We need to draft another back in rd2 or rd3 at the latest.

We have one of the worst run blocking offensive lines. Let's just say that if we were able to be a top offensive line then Gaskin would flourish more. Last season he showed glimpses that he could be a threat out of the backfield as a pass catcher as well.

I am torn on this one. Can Jones help us? I believe he can. I guess it will depend on the contract. I wouldn't mind it if it's a decent deal. I like that it would free up a 2nd rounder so we could draft an OC, WR, or another position of need.

RBs getting paid top money in FA never seem to workout. It’s usually the veteran ones that get let go later in the pre-season and sign for a one year deal usually do somewhat better. Lol bet Houston regrets signing Lamar Miller away for all that $$$$
Why would you if RB are at an all time low in production compared to other times. About only 7 of them rushes for over 1,000 yards. Henry did have 2000 yards last season but most of them were against horrible teams. Ran for 500 yards against the worst run defense in the league (texans). When he played the bills he ran for 57 yards, 75 yards steelers, 68 bears, almost 400 yard against the Jaguars. Hell let's just say the AFC South probably has the worst run defenses in the whole league with the exception of the colts which he had a good game against them the 2nd time because of Colt injuries. Then add to the fact that he had almost 400 carriers in a whole season.

Why would you if RB are at an all time low in production compared to other times. About only 7 of them rushes for over 1,000 yards. Henry did have 2000 yards last season but most of them were against horrible teams. Ran for 500 yards against the worst run defense in the league (texans). When he played the bills he ran for 57 yards, 75 yards steelers, 68 bears, almost 400 yard against the Jaguars. Hell let's just say the AFC South probably has the worst run defenses in the whole league with the exception of the colts which he had a good game against them the 2nd time because of Colt injuries. Then add to the fact that he had almost 400 carriers in a whole season.
Always seems the best way to acquire reliable RBs is from late round 1 to round 4. Not late in the draft, not via trade, not via undrafted signing, not overpaying in FA. You want a decent RB for cheap, get them in rounds 2-3. If you want elite to have for a 5th year, take them round 1.

The Dolphins are not a veteran RB away from being a playoff team. They have bigger issues at WR , the offensive line and an edge rusher. I would prefer they spend their cap money to booster these positions than on a RB in free agency.

Jones is certainly one of the best backs in the NFL but the Dolphins can add a much cheaper and younger RB in the draft. There are several excellent players at the running back position in the 2021 draft and the Dolphins should be able to draft one of these top backs in the first three rounds of the draft.

Always seems the best way to acquire reliable RBs is from late round 1 to round 4. Not late in the draft, not via trade, not via undrafted signing, not overpaying in FA. You want a decent RB for cheap, get them in rounds 2-3. If you want elite to have for a 5th year, take them round 1.
I am not a draft expert, and if something comes up in later rounds and works out for a team then great. But I am disappointed at this forum for not even giving Gaskin the benefit of the doubt. I really hope he is the starter next season so he can shut some people's mouths.

I am not a draft expert, and if something comes up in later rounds and works out for a team then great. But I am disappointed at this forum for not even giving Gaskin the benefit of the doubt. I really hope he is the starter next season so he can shut some people's mouths.
I mean Gaskin is no scrub. But I just think people aren’t keen on him being the “answer” by himself.

Back
Top Bottom