Probably wise to draft a "2nd tier QB" after all......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Probably wise to draft a "2nd tier QB" after all.........

Rudolph round 2 please!
he would work too . if we can get him
as long as he here to compete for starting job in near future. i don't want know player happy to be backup qb. I would not draft nobody lower than him

I don't think so. If we'r hitching the wagon to Tannehill we may want to focus on surrounding him with as much as possible. I cringed at the news of extending Tannehill but hopefully I'm wrong and since they extended him they need to go all in.

I think Lamar Jackson would be a perfect fit for both sides. Gase gets an ultra talented Qb prospect that he can help groom behind Tannehill for a couple years. Then let the chips fall where they may as both Qbs get more tutelage.

There'd be no pressure for Jackson to start right away, he's local, a winner, young, and everyone would agree landing under Gase would be a great scenario for him. Plus you can't teach both his quick release and balance.

We also need a LB and a TE and they may be higher priorities. What we need is a good value QB to slide further than expected to a later round - ie the next Tom Brady.

I think Lamar Jackson would be a perfect fit for both sides. Gase gets an ultra talented Qb prospect that he can help groom behind Tannehill for a couple years. Then let the chips fall where they may as both Qbs get more tutelage.

There'd be no pressure for Jackson to start right away, he's local, a winner, young, and everyone would agree landing under Gase would be a great scenario for him. Plus you can't teach both his quick release and balance.
I like Lamar don't know why he has so much negative press this year. He basically duplicated his heisman performance. This is a great idea but we would have to take him in the 2nd. And that means we miss out on a TE again. I think one of the top TE in the draft would be more impactful.

You can’t go into the year expecting Tannehill to be injury free. There has got to be a backup plan pun intended. Whether that’s someone that isn’t Moore or is a rookie, it must be someone that can come in and keep things kosher if RT goes down.

It is imperative for Gase's job security to draft Tannehill's replacement this year. Gase can ill afford to have Tannehill crap the bed after not playing for close to a year and a half and not have a viable replacement. This is a qb rich draft, and if you truly feel that Mayfield or whoever is the one, then do everything in your power to draft him. As the motto of the SAS says" those who dare, win!"

Sadly I might haha. Both would be horrid choices, but Hack doesnt have it between the ears. Thats not something that can really be taught. There are certainly slim pickins this year when it comes to backup QBs. We def need to draft a good one prob in round 2 this year.

Apparently Gase does as well. Never mind this.

This would also alleviate any pressure for the team to immediately start the draft pick day one and relieve any pressure on Tannehill to the point where he is looking over his shoulder after every pass.

I don't believe that Ryan should be in a situation like you described but I do feel that he needs to have more competition that he has had to face from the previous backups.

I really want Mike White or Kyle Lauletta. They have the intangibles you look for in a QB. I think one or both will have solid careers in the league and might surpass the careers of several of the 1st round QBs.

Back
Top Bottom