Professional Opinion on Beck... Not our's.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Professional Opinion on Beck... Not our's....

not trying to be a prick or anything... but I quit watching after about six and half.... maybe seven seconds... tremendous awareness?????

perhaps in college that was the case. Did not see awareness in the slightest from this kid last year. He couldn't have found his arse with both hands.

fumbles... picks... mishandled snaps.... the list goes on and on.

hopefully this year, he makes me forget all about the clown we had to watch out there last year. and I was one of his biggest SUPPORTERS.

Dude..... it was his first few starts...... on the worst team in the NFL I might add. Clown, lol.... :lol:

Exactly!!!

I do. He threw 28 touchdown passes and I believe his team managed to win a few games with him under center. I know for sure by the fact he produced at least 28 TD drives that his team was able to move the ball with him at QB.....unlike Beck. He made plenty of mistakes, but at the same time showed some of the reasons why it was rational to believe he had the goods......unlike Beck.

We were 1-15 last year because of Beck!!! Why can't you all see that?:err:

Beck saw his 1st action on week 11, he wasn't rushed, he just wasn't ready. There is a difference....

Did you even follow the dolphins last year?

He was named as the "maybe: starter and then cam sent the team on vacation for a week. Up until that point he was playing with the 3rd stringers. I believe that either Cam meant for Beck to fail (for what reason only he knows) or else Cam was the stupidest HC in the history of the NFL.

Maybe he meant to stats Eli Manning's stats.....

http://www.nfl.com/players/elimanning/profile?id=MAN473170

Quick breakdown. Eli Manning in black, Beck stats in red.

9 games played (5) Beck.
7 started (4).
95/197 completions (60/107)
48.2 passer (56.1)
1043yards (559 yards)
5.3 ypp (5.2ypp),
6td (1td),
9 int(3),
13 sack (10)
sack yards 83 (69)
rating 55.4.(62 rating)
3 fumbles (7)
1 lost (5 lost)

Not that much difference, but the big issue is that Eli was given time - 4 years - to produce, his team were an alround more talented unit & the coaching staff stuck by him.

Now he is the saviour of New York Football, And every Dolphin fans second favourite player on their second favourite team thanks to the Superbowl heroics.

Oh God here we go again....

Listen, I don't care for either Qb, I just want a solid QB that can pass the damn ball - I'm tired of holding my breath when they go back to pass...

12 QBs, and I'm pretty trauamatized with respect to the position.

I will be watching Beck this season VERY closely... if the guy sucks with the groceries we got in the offseason + draft, then as I've mentioned earlier, I will beging writing the "bust" label for him. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt in the worst season I've ever had to watch.

What a joke team. Thats not what you want to put a rookie into.

This season though is a different story.

Beck needs to play with a decent o-line and playmakers on offense before we pass judgment on him. We had an abysmal offensive cast last year. Our o-line stunk, we had crap at receiver and TE who dropped far too many passes ....not to mention players who kept committing one bonehead penalty after another that put us in a hole.

Maybe he meant to stats Eli Manning's stats.....

http://www.nfl.com/players/elimanning/profile?id=MAN473170

Quick breakdown. Eli Manning in black, Beck stats in red.

9 games played (5) Beck.
7 started (4).
95/197 completions (60/107)
48.2 passer (56.1)
1043yards (559 yards)
5.3 ypp (5.2ypp),
6td (1td),
9 int(3),
13 sack (10)
sack yards 83 (69)
rating 55.4.(62 rating)
3 fumbles (7)
1 lost (5 lost)

Not that much difference, but the big issue is that Eli was given time - 4 years - to produce, his team were an alround more talented unit & the coaching staff stuck by him.

Now he is the saviour of New York Football, And every Dolphin fans second favourite player on their second favourite team thanks to the Superbowl heroics.

Again for those of you who dont seem to understand.......the two biggest differences on this stat line..........TDs and FUMBLES. Beck makes a ton more mistakes(and dont forget they counted that pick for a score vs. Buffalo where the ball goes straight in the air as a fumble. WE ALL KNOW that is an INT for a score. That has a hidden effect on that meaningless passer rating you guys like so much.).

So Beck makes way more unforced errors in half the games. But, more importantly he fails to even move the offense in 4+ games, much less actually put it in the end zone. All these great QBs who you guys throw out there and show their stats have the glaring difference that at times they demonstrated why they are thought of as good players in the making. They made plays. They moved the offense. They put up some points. Beck didnt.

WV you don;t remember Becks first game do you? He threw a perfect TD pass to Lekkerkerkerkerker(I think) and he dropped it. If he actually had a TE like Dallas Clark or hell even Randy mcmichael would have caught it. So don't blame Beck for not scoring until the last game. :buddwalk:

WV you don;t remember Becks first game do you? He threw a perfect TD pass to Lekkerkerkerkerker(I think) and he dropped it. If he actually had a TE like Dallas Clark or hell even Randy mcmichael would have caught it. So don't blame Beck for not scoring until the last game. :buddwalk:
Dropped passes are a part of the game. "Almost" touchdowns dont count.

Many qbs get good predraft critiques. It's what you do in the pros that matters now. Talk about his pro games. College is over and done with.

Let's surround him with a real offense and a coach with a clue and see what he does.
Aikman stunk his rookie yr when JJ led that Dallas team to a one win season.
Can people just aknowledge that this entire team from top to bottom was putrid last season ad that you can't draw any conclusions from it.
The mental aspect of the game is half the battle. I anxious to see what kind of product we get from this new regime.

Dropped passes are a part of the game. "Almost" touchdowns dont count.

But again, we are debating Beck. The fact was he threw a perfect pass. Like I just said, the team was putrid from top to bottom.

Again for those of you who dont seem to understand.......the two biggest differences on this stat line..........TDs and FUMBLES. Beck makes a ton more mistakes(and dont forget they counted that pick for a score vs. Buffalo where the ball goes straight in the air as a fumble. WE ALL KNOW that is an INT for a score. That has a hidden effect on that meaningless passer rating you guys like so much.).

So Beck makes way more unforced errors in half the games. But, more importantly he fails to even move the offense in 4+ games, much less actually put it in the end zone. All these great QBs who you guys throw out there and show their stats have the glaring difference that at times they demonstrated why they are thought of as good players in the making. They made plays. They moved the offense. They put up some points. Beck didnt.

Wrong, NOT when surrounded by a crappy team.

Back
Top Bottom