Professional Opinion on Beck... Not our's.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Professional Opinion on Beck... Not our's....

Does it really matter who wins the starting job? My allegience is with none of these guys, I just want one of the 3 to be clearly better than the other 2. If we have that, we will be in business while I'd say if Josh McCown is the best, we need to keep drafting QB's. The Dolphins having a good QB is far more important to me than me being right about who it will be. If it's close the FO/staff needs to go withe the guy with the highest ceiling and stick with them. Anything else would be a 3 ring circus at QB which doesn't work.

This place does crack me up though. Look at Drew Brees, when we didn't draft him some posters thought it was a big mistake. When he sucked for his first 4 seasons we hardly heard of him on here, then when he became a pro bowler his name was all over the place again. What if SD had given up on Brees? I know from what I saw from him, especially when SD played Miami as we owned Brees, I thought he was terrible.

I do. He threw 28 touchdown passes and I believe his team managed to win a few games with him under center. I know for sure by the fact he produced at least 28 TD drives that his team was able to move the ball with him at QB.....unlike Beck. He made plenty of mistakes, but at the same time showed some of the reasons why it was rational to believe he had the goods......unlike Beck.

Beck came in when we had no running game or OL play, teams just came after the QB. If he'd been in early when we had Ronnie running to the pro-bowl and an OL playing above expectations he my have settled his nerves and, I think, led us to more wins. No QB would've looked good playing on the offense we gave him.

my favorite beck play was the one where he threw that perfect pass....backwords.

hell I think the bills may have even scored a td on that play.

the bottom line is the kid needs to get his head out of the sand, or he's gonna be a backup. bad oline or not, no running game or not. a bad oline doesn't translate into not even being able to handle a snap.

why was the kid not ready? he practiced all year long. Chemistry maybe would have been off, but mentally he should have been prepared by week 11 and it didn't look to me as if he was.

Im just looking forward to all three quarterbacks getting a look and choose who looks best. Not one of these quarterbacks is owed any kind of chance to be the starter. I saw basically nothing to get excited about from watching Beck play last year and am not buying that it was all the line's fault. This was the same mediocre line that every other qb played behind last year. This year the line should not be any of our qb's problem but receiver really is no better than last year so that may be a point of struggle unless Ginn and Hagan show alot of improvement. Personally no matter what happens I see Henne as our starter no later than next year as I see him as our most talented signal caller by far.

not trying to be a prick or anything... but I quit watching after about six and half.... maybe seven seconds... tremendous awareness?????

You need tremendous awareness as a QB with the O-Line we had last season. Jake Long, Smiley and Carey back at RT and Satele with a season under his belt all points to a very good O-Line if they can gel as a unit and protect whoever our QB is. Ronnie Brown will get yds whoever is blocking so im happy Ronnie gets a good O-Line at last. Tuna adding a Defense will make us compete overall.

I do. He threw 28 touchdown passes and I believe his team managed to win a few games with him under center. I know for sure by the fact he produced at least 28 TD drives that his team was able to move the ball with him at QB.....unlike Beck. He made plenty of mistakes, but at the same time showed some of the reasons why it was rational to believe he had the goods......unlike Beck.

Peyton Manning's first 4 games: 0-4 with a comp % of 56.3, a QB rating of 53.0% with 3 TDs and 11 INTs and 1 fumble lost. And you can say, with a straight face, that those are better stats than John's 4 games? Peyton had -12 turnovers to John's -8 and he only produced 1 more TD.

Peyton Manning's first 4 games: 0-4 with a comp % of 56.3, a QB rating of 53.0% with 3 TDs and 11 INTs and 1 fumble lost. And you can say, with a straight face, that those are better stats than John's 4 games? Peyton had -12 turnovers to John's -8 and he only produced 1 more TD.

First of all Beck didnt produce any TDs. Secondly Im not even sure he produced any FGs. Id have to research how many FGs we got with him as QB and where we started with the ball when we got those FGs. And finally, Manning produced AT LEAST 3 TDs because he had 3 TD passes. Find out how many times his team scored in those 4 games with him at QB.

First of all Beck didnt produce any TDs.
Really? So the official NFL stats are incorrect? Or are you actually starting believe your anti-Beck fabrications? Why don't you go troll the NFL and try to get them to change their offical stats to your fictitious stats.

Really? So the official NFL stats are incorrect? Or are you actually starting believe your anti-Beck fabrications? Why don't you go troll the NFL and try to get them to change their offical stats to your fictitious stats.

This is just another reason you cant base everything on stats. Stats are mearly a tool and you must take them for what they are. The reality is when it mattered last year Beck lead our team to no TDs in 4 games. If you want to consider that meaningless score vs. the Bungles cheerleaders, then go ahead. I dont. I watch the guys play, then look at the stats and figure up how close the stats actually reflect how someone played. In Beck's case his stats give him too much credit.

This is just another reason you cant base everything on stats. Stats are mearly a tool and you must take them for what they are. The reality is when it mattered last year Beck lead our team to no TDs in 4 games. If you want to consider that meaningless score vs. the Bungles cheerleaders, then go ahead. I dont. I watch the guys play, then look at the stats and figure up how close the stats actually reflect how someone played. In Beck's case his stats give him too much credit.
So you use stats when you want to, to prove your point. But if they disprove your point, stats are worthless. Hypocritical. I don't mean to detain you from you self-important Beck smear campaign, please proceed. The sheep are waiting.

Compare apples to apples, Manning started the 1st game of the regular season, Beck didn't even make his 1st start until week 11.

Another thing to consider, defenses were considerably better in '98 compared to '07.

In '98, team offenses averaged 5 yards per play. In '07, team offenses averaged 5.2 yards per play.

In '98, quarterbacks averaged 1.4 touchdowns/1.1 interceptions. In '07, quarterbacks averaged 1.4 touchdowns/1.0 interceptions.

And of course the biggest difference...

In '98, quarterbacks completed an average of 56.7% of their passes. In '07, quarterbacks completed an average of 61.3 % of their passes.

In '98, the no contact rule wasn't really enforced, atleast not to the extent it is now. That's the biggest contributing factor.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/ALL/team_stats.htm

Again for those of you who dont seem to understand.......the two biggest differences on this stat line..........TDs and FUMBLES. Beck makes a ton more mistakes(and dont forget they counted that pick for a score vs. Buffalo where the ball goes straight in the air as a fumble. WE ALL KNOW that is an INT for a score. That has a hidden effect on that meaningless passer rating you guys like so much.).

So Beck makes way more unforced errors in half the games. But, more importantly he fails to even move the offense in 4+ games, much less actually put it in the end zone. All these great QBs who you guys throw out there and show their stats have the glaring difference that at times they demonstrated why they are thought of as good players in the making. They made plays. They moved the offense. They put up some points. Beck didnt.

Maybe you don't understand 4 games isn't a large enough sample to judge a player. I would like for you give me an example where a rookie qb came in and made a winnless team better. You won't find any examples because their aren't any. Anyone expecting anything spactacular from a rookie qb under those circumstances has irrational expectations, and doesn't really understand the game what so ever!

Thus, making them slightly less intelligent than a retarded monkey!

why on earth would you compare beck to peyton?

honestly, what do you hope to convey by doing so?

can you say with a straight face that john beck will have Half the career peyton manning has had?

this was foolish, and will only hurt your argument IMO>

can you say with a straight face that john beck will have Half the career peyton manning has had?

It's fair to compare their first 4 games. After 4 games nobody knew Peyton would become the player he became!

First of all I was not the poster who brought Peyton's name into this, ok.:wink:
I was only posting the facts of Peyton's first 4 rookie games; you may make of it what you will.

As to foolishness; just how did you make the jump from 4 rookie games to a career? I didn't argue I just stated facts.

Back
Top Bottom