Profootballfocus.com giving Cam Wake some love | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Profootballfocus.com giving Cam Wake some love

The problem with Wake is that outside of his pass rushing ability, the rest of his game is VERY VERY raw, I mean barely a backup in the NFL raw. I believe he needs 2 to 3 more years working behind a a proven veteran or very good draftee before he is able to assume any kind of starting position on this team.

However, he'll always have a spot on this team as a situational 3rd down pass rusher.

With the additions of Dansby and some good draft picks - Wake can pin his ears back and do what he does best... 2nd and third and long - wind him up and let him go - He doesn't have to be on the field every down to be valuable.

After the ability he showed in preseason last year, he should have been in on every down. It was a mistake then and it would be a mistake now to reserve his young talent for certain downs.

Actually if Spock is giving you that look, it means your being illogical, Lorenzo Bromell did not come close to being that efficient per snap in his rookie season, and Wake although not the most experienced pass-rusher in the NFL, he is also not your normal rookie, he has been to many wars in his brief career, and I'm sure he knows what it takes to succeed in the pros...nanu nanu

And u know how efficient Bromell was in his rookie season using whats stats? Thats right besides sacks u really have no clue. Bromell was a part time player and had 8 sacks so Im pretty damn sure he was one of the most efficent pass rushers his rookie season

So as I said Im being illogical for challenging the thought that wake will challenge the NFL sack record as a very strong possibility. I bet u always think u are gonna win the lottery also lol

really based on what. In the last 20 years only three players have had 20 or more sacks and only one has had 20 plus. Jason Taylor has never broken 20 sacks and neither has Joey Porter. The dolphin rookie sack record still stands at 8 sacks by Lorenzo Bromell who was another parttime player that had quite a few sacks. 20 sacks is an elite number and its not a very real possibility if only like 4 players in nfl history have done it esp based on what little history we have of the guy. Not downing your post u feel what u feel but I just dont see it as a very real possibility that he breaks the dolphin sack record or attacks the nfl sack record. Yes it is possible but not very likely.

I would agree. If he does produce the way we expect, he will see more double-teams. They won't just send a single man at him...especially on passing downs. That is why many elite pass rushers do not have huge numbers all the time.

If they do double Wake though, others will be able to put pressure on the QB...spread the wealth, as it were...

Is your sarcasm directed at Dumervil or Wake?

well the post said he will 10x the stats of Dumervil. so I just used that formula to calculate Wake's stats. I just love how people assume that its so easy to accomplish what dumervil has.

Nolan isn't a god compared to anyone is highly incorrect sir.
Nolan is one of the best D cordinators in the NFL. He raised Rex Ryan to be what he is now. Just because his D in San Fran wasn't top doesn't mean ****. Look at last year. 27th to 7th? thats a HUGE difference. & see who he brought into San Fran to improve that ****t team.

So when Nolan was the 'man' in SF and his lack of success shouldn't hold any water?

He is a vast improvement, and I hold high hopes for him. But he isn't a god. He is a good coach with some success at the NFL level.

And Rex Ryan I would say learned alot from one of the best DEF coord. in history, daddy Ryan.

Nolan has a history, 1 year doesn't account for his whole career.

Wake has the talent an d just need the playing time....great job by the FO.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom