Profootballfocus.com giving Cam Wake some love | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Profootballfocus.com giving Cam Wake some love

According to ProFootballFocus the following is true:

Kerry Rhodes was the 2nd best safety in the NFL last year.

Jericho Cotchery was the 8th best WR in the NFL last year.

Ben Hartsock (2nd string blocking TE) was the 17th best TE in the NFL last year.

Tony Richardson was the 29th best FB in the NFL last year.

Thomas Jones was the 56th best RB in the NFL last year.

Kris Jenkins was the 26th best NT in the NFL but Sione Pouha (his backup) was the 5th best and Marqious Douglass (DE) was the 22nd best.

David Harris was only the 21st best ILB.

Nnamdi Asomugha was the 17th best CB.

According to ProFootballFocus the following is true:

In the 2009-2010 season, the Dolphins swept the Jests. :up:

Just because he had his hand in the ground doesn't mean he was a DE. There were 3-4 personnel on the field the same time he was, so that makes him an OLB.

Haha, just because there was "3-4 personnel", you think they were playing wake as an OLB. What i was meaning to say is that he was playing the role of a DE. Only a couple of times was he standing up.

Dude most people don't believe this stat, but nearly all of us know that he has a lot of upside. His presence was felt in games when he was pass rushing.

I don't doubt he's good, I just want to point out how sketchy that site is.

Plus the site isnt about who is the best, but more about who was the most effective while they were on the field.

Which only makes the Kerry Rhodes and Kris Jenkins/Pouha lines more absurd.

If Cam breaks out this year our line backing core could go from worst to top 10

I don't doubt he's good, I just want to point out how sketchy that site is.

You're absolutely right about the site's ranking being sketchy. As far as I'm concerned, what they're doing is still a work in progress - or so I hope, for their sake. It seems like they hit on certain positions better than others. D. Ware and L. Woodley, for example, are their top-2 rated OLB's, and they're two of the best in the league. But, PFF or not, it was clear - to me, anyway - that Wake was one of the best pass rushers in the NFL for the '09 season.

I was one of Wake's biggest doubters going into 09.

He does have a quick step from the 3 pt stance. I seen nothing from him in a 2pt stand up position.

If people here want to compare his game to Dumervil, what has Wake shown in a 2pt stance to say he can equal the production of Dumervil?

This past season you could see what Wake brought to the table. He is raw, very raw. Very few moves and hasn't shown the ability to set the edge. Another year of coaching should help some, but I would rather MIA get a WOLB who can play every down. Let Wake be the rush DE in a nickel and dime situations IMO.

I was one of Wake's biggest doubters going into 09.

He does have a quick step from the 3 pt stance. I seen nothing from him in a 2pt stand up position.

If people here want to compare his game to Dumervil, what has Wake shown in a 2pt stance to say he can equal the production of Dumervil?

This past season you could see what Wake brought to the table. He is raw, very raw. Very few moves and hasn't shown the ability to set the edge. Another year of coaching should help some, but I would rather MIA get a WOLB who can play every down. Let Wake be the rush DE in a nickel and dime situations IMO.

Dumervil was the same way before Nolan arrived in Denver and worked with Dumervil. Nolan is the catalyst in Wake's career right now.

Dumervil was the same way before Nolan arrived in Denver and worked with Dumervil. Nolan is the catalyst in Wake's career right now.

We'll see. What makes Wake so effective is his low center of gravity and that quick twitch/burst from the 3 pt stance. I just don't see how a coach can translate that to 2 pt stance and setting the edge.

We'll see. What makes Wake so effective is his low center of gravity and that quick twitch/burst from the 3 pt stance. I just don't see how a coach can translate that to 2 pt stance and setting the edge.

Whats there to change, low center of gravity and a quick first step is exactly what someone in a 2 pt stance needs. I think he can switch fairly easy. Also, he is very strong and i dont think he will have that much trouble setting the edge, but he will have to learn that you dont have to out run the tackle and end up running yourself out of the play.

Back
Top Bottom