Profootballfocus.com giving Cam Wake some love | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Profootballfocus.com giving Cam Wake some love

Very real possibility that Wake has 20+ sacks next year.

He played alot of DE last season because he is/was still in transition to OLB.

Just because he had his hand in the ground doesn't mean he was a DE. There were 3-4 personnel on the field the same time he was, so that makes him an OLB.

If he plays three down, sure. But he won't until the coaching staff is confident in his coverage skills.

there aren't many complete WOLB's out there. it's getting pretty thin after Ware, Suggs and James Harrison. Wake will have to be at least functional in coverage, but if coverage isn't his strength don't make him cover. he's shown me enough as a pass-rusher to believe he'll be a productive player even though offenses know he's coming.

Very real possibility that Wake has 20+ sacks next year.

really based on what. In the last 20 years only three players have had 20 or more sacks and only one has had 20 plus. Jason Taylor has never broken 20 sacks and neither has Joey Porter. The dolphin rookie sack record still stands at 8 sacks by Lorenzo Bromell who was another parttime player that had quite a few sacks. 20 sacks is an elite number and its not a very real possibility if only like 4 players in nfl history have done it esp based on what little history we have of the guy. Not downing your post u feel what u feel but I just dont see it as a very real possibility that he breaks the dolphin sack record or attacks the nfl sack record. Yes it is possible but not very likely.

No doubt, he is a physical freak of nature. Hes got all the physical tools but i wish the coaching staff would give him more chances and i am confident that this season he will get a lot of chances. I am sure he will make he mot of them. He lives, breathes, and eats football.

I really have very little doubt that Wake will see the field a LOT this season. Nolan is going to Love this guy.

there aren't many complete WOLB's out there. it's getting pretty thin after Ware, Suggs and James Harrison. Wake will have to be at least functional in coverage, but if coverage isn't his strength don't make him cover. he's shown me enough as a pass-rusher to believe he'll be a productive player even though offenses know he's coming.

Dumerville wasn't asked to do anything but rush the passer and he was looked at as a star in Denver. I know it's a bold statement but Wake has more pure pass rushing ability than Dumerville so Nolan will have this guy on the field a ton IMO.

Nobody in the NFL was more effective on a per-snap basis rushing the passer than Wake last season

1243237840_spockseyebrow-1.gif

^^ dlockz

:lol:

really based on what. In the last 20 years only three players have had 20 or more sacks and only one has had 20 plus. Jason Taylor has never broken 20 sacks and neither has Joey Porter. The dolphin rookie sack record still stands at 8 sacks by Lorenzo Bromell who was another parttime player that had quite a few sacks. 20 sacks is an elite number and its not a very real possibility if only like 4 players in nfl history have done it esp based on what little history we have of the guy. Not downing your post u feel what u feel but I just dont see it as a very real possibility that he breaks the dolphin sack record or attacks the nfl sack record. Yes it is possible but not very likely.

20+ is a lofty number. But every time i see Wake rushing the passer I feel like he has a shot at a sack at the very least he seems to get a QB hurry every play if not a sack.

Obviously the more snaps you play wears you down and he probably will not look as much like a superman when you double and triple his snap counts but I think he has shown he is a special talent. I think he physically is capable of a 20 sack season but I don't expect he will have a 20 sack season.

1243237840_spockseyebrow-1.gif

^^ dlockz

:lol:

that should be everyone's expression when people are talking about Wake challenging the NFL sack record based on so little actual evidence. Yea I know Im so far in left field for even challenging that theory lol. Im sure Lorenzo Bromell was also the most effecient per snap in his rookie season also. I do like this scene though because I am definately being quite logical and In do hope u live long and prosper

I know how dare I use logic, I should just assume every dolphin player is elite lol

that should be everyone's expression when people are talking about Wake challenging the NFL sack record based on so little actual evidence. Yea I know Im so far in left field for even challenging that theory lol. Im sure Lorenzo Bromell was also the most effecient per snap in his rookie season also. I do like this scene though because I am definately being quite logical and In do hope u live long and prosper

I know how dare I use logic, I should just assume every dolphin player is elite lol

Actually if Spock is giving you that look, it means your being illogical, Lorenzo Bromell did not come close to being that efficient per snap in his rookie season, and Wake although not the most experienced pass-rusher in the NFL, he is also not your normal rookie, he has been to many wars in his brief career, and I'm sure he knows what it takes to succeed in the pros...nanu nanu

Wake should have gotten more time on the field. He couldn't have been any worse than Porter. There were many things that made me lose confidence in the FO in 2009. This was one of them.

According to ProFootballFocus the following is true:

Kerry Rhodes was the 2nd best safety in the NFL last year.

Jericho Cotchery was the 8th best WR in the NFL last year.

Ben Hartsock (2nd string blocking TE) was the 17th best TE in the NFL last year.

Tony Richardson was the 29th best FB in the NFL last year.

Thomas Jones was the 56th best RB in the NFL last year.

Kris Jenkins was the 26th best NT in the NFL but Sione Pouha (his backup) was the 5th best and Marqious Douglass (DE) was the 22nd best.

David Harris was only the 21st best ILB.

Nnamdi Asomugha was the 17th best CB.

According to ProFootballFocus the following is true:

Kerry Rhodes was the 2nd best safety in the NFL last year.

Jericho Cotchery was the 8th best WR in the NFL last year.

Ben Hartsock (2nd string blocking TE) was the 17th best TE in the NFL last year.

Tony Richardson was the 29th best FB in the NFL last year.

Thomas Jones was the 56th best RB in the NFL last year.

Kris Jenkins was the 26th best NT in the NFL but Sione Pouha (his backup) was the 5th best and Marqious Douglass (DE) was the 22nd best.

David Harris was only the 21st best ILB.

Nnamdi Asomugha was the 17th best CB.
Dude most people don't believe this stat, but nearly all of us know that he has a lot of upside. His presence was felt in games when he was pass rushing.

Back
Top Bottom