Profootballfocus.com giving Cam Wake some love | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Profootballfocus.com giving Cam Wake some love

if u don't wanna read the same **** don't click the link

I appreciate everything that FinAtic brings to this site, im just trying to give him a little constructive criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats there to change, low center of gravity and a quick first step is exactly what someone in a 2 pt stance needs. I think he can switch fairly easy. Also, he is very strong and i dont think he will have that much trouble setting the edge, but he will have to learn that you dont have to out run the tackle and end up running yourself out of the play.

Sorry but being that quick in a 3 pt stance doesn't translate to a 2 pt stance.

This is where I just don't agree. All his coaching and play to date has been due to his ability to get to the QB from a down position. Nothing has been shown from Wake that says his ability will translate to success in a 2 pt stance.

MIA had a chance this past season to see him play in the 2pt stance, I think out of his snap count, I seen him twice in the stand up position. All the rest and ALL his pressures and sacks came from a down position.

And for those who say Porter waved him off, Porter did sit a game, and in that game he only played in the down position.

Sorry but being that quick in a 3 pt stance doesn't translate to a 2 pt stance.

This is where I just don't agree. All his coaching and play to date has been due to his ability to get to the QB from a down position. Nothing has been shown from Wake that says his ability will translate to success in a 2 pt stance.

MIA had a chance this past season to see him play in the 2pt stance, I think out of his snap count, I seen him twice in the stand up position. All the rest and ALL his pressures and sacks came from a down position.

And for those who say Porter waved him off, Porter did sit a game, and in that game he only played in the down position.

The coaching staff never gave him a chance and thats why i said Nolan his the catalyst because he will give Wake a chance to stand up and play the OLB as it should be played. Also, why do you think he has no chance of translating to a 2 pt stance?? Because he is too quick?? :ponder:

The coaching staff never gave him a chance and thats why i said Nolan his the catalyst because he will give Wake a chance to stand up and play the OLB as it should be played. Also, why do you think he has no chance of translating to a 2 pt stance?? Because he is too quick?? :ponder:

His quickness/leverage/twitch are all generated from him hugging the ground. If he really did have the same burst standing up, we would have seen it last year.

Again, all his pressures and sacks came from the 3 pt stance. And I'm not saying its a bad thing, I'm just saying we seen little last year that says Wake can play WOLB. His place this next season IMO, will be a nickel/dime DE.

What makes you think he can play WOLB?? :ponder:

I rather MIA draft or bring in a full time WOLB. Thats all, that simple.

BTW, Nolan isn't god. A improvement yes, but not god. Otherwise his DEF's in SF might have been abit better.

His quickness/leverage/twitch are all generated from him hugging the ground. If he really did have the same burst standing up, we would have seen it last year.

Again, all his pressures and sacks came from the 3 pt stance. And I'm not saying its a bad thing, I'm just saying we seen little last year that says Wake can play WOLB. His place this next season IMO, will be a nickel/dime DE.

What makes you think he can play WOLB?? :ponder:

I rather MIA draft or bring in a full time WOLB. Thats all, that simple.

BTW, Nolan isn't god. A improvement yes, but not god. Otherwise his DEF's in SF might have been abit better.

I never said he could play OLB, im just saying that you shouldnt say its impossible for him to make the transition. Also, Nolan is God compared to Pasq.

I never said he could play OLB, im just saying that you shouldnt say its impossible for him to make the transition. Also, Nolan is God compared to Pasq.

Didn't say it was impossible. I simply stated that he has shown little to say the transition would work. BTW, I believe you are the one who compared him to Dumervil. While Dumervil has shown the ability to make plays at the OLB position, Wake to date hasn't shown the same ability.

Next time please don't post things not true. Over looking my posts, I didn't say impossible at any time. :thanks:

And Nolan isn't a god compared to anyone.:3w:

Looking at what Noaln did with a guy like Dumervil, I can only imagine what he would get out of Wake.

We'll see. I just think his burst/twitch is due to his leverage coming out of a 3pt stance. That ability was on display last year. So much so I ate alot of crow.

Didn't say it was impossible. I simply stated that he has shown little to say the transition would work. BTW, I believe you are the one who compared him to Dumervil. While Dumervil has shown the ability to make plays at the OLB position, Wake to date hasn't shown the same ability.

Next time please don't post things not true. Over looking my posts, I didn't say impossible at any time. :thanks:

And Nolan isn't a god compared to anyone.:3w:

No but you did say "Sorry but being that quick in a 3 pt stance doesn't translate to a 2 pt stance." To me it sounds like you mean its impossible. Wake has shown flashes of what he can do, i dont know what you were watching last season.

No but you did say "Sorry but being that quick in a 3 pt stance doesn't translate to a 2 pt stance." To me it sounds like you mean its impossible. Wake has shown flashes of what he can do, i dont know what you were watching last season.

HMMM, what have I stated about his season that wasn't true? To assume I wasn't watching his play last season. How many sacks did he have in the 2 pt stance? ZERO.

I said I seen his twitch from the 3 pt stance. Is that false? His leverage is from a 3 pt stance. Is that false?

Gonna stop now. Because once you start with these things it gets ugly fast. I see Wake for what he is, not what you want him to be.

Wake is a guy who has 1 or 2 moves that compliment his twitch/burst from a 3pt stance. He has shown the ability to get by NFL RT's with said move.

I watched the games multiple times from DVR. I watched enough to admit my misgivings on Wake after week 6 or 7. I came here and even said he should start mid way last year...TO SEE IF HE WAS THE ANSWER. I seen MIA last year for what it was, a 7-9/8-8 team. I would have rather seen his game in multiple situations than having the question marks this year.:thanks:

HMMM, what have I stated about his season that wasn't true? To assume I wasn't watching his play last season. How many sacks did he have in the 2 pt stance? ZERO.

I said I seen his twitch from the 3 pt stance. Is that false? His leverage is from a 3 pt stance. Is that false?

Gonna stop now. Because once you start with these things it gets ugly fast. I see Wake for what he is, not what you want him to be.

Wake is a guy who has 1 or 2 moves that compliment his twitch/burst from a 3pt stance. He has shown the ability to get by NFL RT's with said move.

I watched the games multiple times from DVR. I watched enough to admit my misgivings on Wake after week 6 or 7. I came here and even said he should start mid way last year...TO SEE IF HE WAS THE ANSWER. I seen MIA last year for what it was, a 7-9/8-8 team. I would have rather seen his game in multiple situations than having the question marks this year.:thanks:

Well your quote seemed like he will NEVER transition well. Next time you should word your posts in the correct way.

Well your quote seemed like he will NEVER transition well. Next time you should word your posts in the correct way.

Or just ignore me next time. Cause I will start ignoring you. This post is why this site gets old fast.

Nolan isn't a god compared to anyone is highly incorrect sir.
Nolan is one of the best D cordinators in the NFL. He raised Rex Ryan to be what he is now. Just because his D in San Fran wasn't top doesn't mean ****. Look at last year. 27th to 7th? thats a HUGE difference. & see who he brought into San Fran to improve that ****t team.

Or just ignore me next time. Cause I will start ignoring you. This post is why this site gets old fast.

I will not ignore a post that i disagree with because thats why i am here. To give my opinion and observe everyone else's. And lighten up dude.

Back
Top Bottom