Profootballtalk: Report: Dolphins Want Minkah Fitzpatrick To Play Safety Long-term | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Profootballtalk: Report: Dolphins Want Minkah Fitzpatrick To Play Safety Long-term

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
Minkah's value is that he will be above average just about anywhere you put him. I dont think he'll be elite at any one position though... I expect that he'll be moved around a lot in the defensive backfield.

Minkah's value is that he will be above average just about anywhere you put him. I dont think he'll be elite at any one position though... I expect that he'll be moved around a lot in the defensive backfield.
I can’t agree with this at all. I think if the team keeps him at one spot and stops moving him around he can be an excellent part of the secondary.

Last edited:

That's like saying Tunsil can be above average at guard and there for his ceiling as such is set. Nonsense. Allow the player to play their natural position and get the f... out of the way.

Last year the CS and the FO had no plan or did, and it was as dumb then as it seems now. 2 SS with no natural feel for the FS position gave us a backend that was caught flatfooted and lost....alot.

Minkah is a natural FS, let him play it for 16 games before you determine his ceiling.

Wait a minute.

The Miami DOLPHINS want to use a player where he can do the most good for the team? And KEEP him there? Not play a LT at guard and stunt his growth for a year? Not give a TE whose biggest weakness is blocking multiple blocking assignments? Not put an established slot receiver in a position where he needs to utilize speed he doesn't have to block for bubble screens, and then look dumbfounded because the play didn't work? Not use your short-yardage back on runs designed to go to the outside, and run your explosive speed back on inside runs?

The **** you say. Things are looking up.

He looked the part last year as the boundary opposite of X. Needs to get that head around more consistently, but he was easily the second best option at CB.

I don’t see the rush to change him to S fulltime when you have 2 capable guys you cannot cut on the roster and currently no other option on the boundary.

Please don’t say it will stunt his growth. Minkah plays like an 8 year vet out there and his work ethic is unmatched.

The tell will be based on what Miami does this offseason with reshad and tj imo

That's like saying Tunsil can be above average at guard and there for his ceiling as such is set. Nonsense. Allow the player to play their natural position and get the f... out of the way.

Last year the CS and the FO had no plan or did, and it was as dumb then as it seems now. 2 SS with no natural feel for the FS position gave us a backend that was caught flatfooted and lost....alot.

Minkah is a natural FS, let him play it for 16 games before you determine his ceiling.

I'm of the opinion that the Dolphins had both Tunsil and Fitzpatrick fall into their laps, couldn't pass them up, and then thoroughly botched how to handle the situation afterward. "Getting the best players on the field" sounds great in theory, but it doesn't work if you do so at the expense of team performance. Fitzpatrick should have been at FS from day one.

I think FINANCIALLY you can get away with cutting TJM this year, but RJ is a big negative with cutting. the thing is though, will you want to still have the cheaper TJM on your squad in 2020 at SS when you can get RJ the hell off the team (I thin after this season we can afford to cut him if IIRC).

I say find a boundary somewhere, then run X and McCain (slot), start RJ (until he gets hurt) and MF at safeties and have TJM in on dime packages. I thought I heard somewhere last year though, by having his pout and quitting on the team the one game that RJ might've negated his guaranteed money. if so the front office needs to look into this asap

Back
Top Bottom