Project It Forward: Raekwon Mcmillan Or Jerome Baker? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Project It Forward: Raekwon Mcmillan Or Jerome Baker?

Pff doesn’t take into account situational play.

They treat nickel snaps like base etc. the ask is much more difficult for the guys that play every down as lbs. more to try to exploit too than a base lb that comes off the field in nickel or is only asked to cover flats or backs out of the backfield etc.

Just so many variables. Kiko had a rough game last week but overall he’s been the best lb on the team. Not really close either. Probably a top 6 grade on the d in 18

Is that a "yes", or a "no"?

Well first. . it wasn't me you asked. Second, your question has no place in this thread. It's called trolling when you pop in to every thread and try to push a constant agenda.

There's 50 other threads dedicated to tannehill. Respect the thread topic.

Enough with the "I'll give him another year because of the injury" stuff. McMillan didn't forget how to play football while injured. His problems aren't agility, speed, toughness. McMillan's problems are being consistently out of position/poor coverage/poor point of attack on run plays/poor tackling. He was labeled as "slower" but a thumper and tackling machine when coming out of college. We aren't even getting that. McMillan is a solid 8+ year career backup MLB. Time to cut bait and move on ASAP at that position.

Baker's speed and agility are impressive, but his lack of size (weight) will be hard to overcome. He also needs to spend a ton of time in the film room. I feel he is definitly the better prospect here.

scouts said the same about Deion Jones, he is a stud and he plays middle LB at 220lbs....so theres that

Raekwon was the 54th overall selection in the 2017 draft. I don't think he is hot garbage but he does have a lot to learn. He has to build up more strength and agility this offseason and get his head into the playbook. I'm hoping he ends this year strong and will be one of the most improved players in 2019.
Okay. Aren't you TIRED of hoping with this team though? Isn't everyone tired of hoping? Can we see some damn results please? The leash needs to get much shorter for everyone from the front office all the way down to the 53rd player on the roster.

Same with me. But you need to understand the benefit of ignoring results in situations like this. Results will only serve to muddle and send in the wrong direction. It's like a devious clown is in the background...pulling strings and laughing at the success of his misdirection.

Stay true to your early evaluation, with confidence it was based on sound thinking and eventually will pan out that way.

It is the reason I am sticking with McMillan.
it’s a good point and you know Awsi I always do that, but this one has me quite stumped..it wasn’t like I was Gaga over mcmillian, I wanted Zach Cunningham really really bad two years ago, we could of had him, but the kid looked real real strong and physical and in position most of the time, and could tackle well, I knows he’s real young, but I just don’t recognize his game right now and that’s a little weird for me personally..

Raekwon looks like he runs a 5 second 40 yard dash. Too damn slow and not instinctive at all. Baker needs to get stronger but he looks like the better LB at this point.
Baker is real strong relative to his size..in college I would watch him purposely show olineman that he didn’t have a small mans complex and watch him seriously go out of his way to jack an olineman, and he did with authority, sometimes to the detriment of the play..lol

McMillan is hot garbage. He reminds me of another 1st round bust back in 1984 named Jackie Shipp. The Dolphins need to draft a MLB next April.
Except Shipp was fast and a fantastic athlete. His only issue was that he sucked. McMillan is no where near the athlete Shipp was - he looks slow and more like Dwight Hollier out there for older times comparison sake. The knee injury isn’t helping I’m sure but I thought I read that he wasn’t that fast coming out of college.

I think if Baker were used properly he could get between 6-10 sacks per year and the interceptions will keep coming. So for me it’s easily Baker.

I will give Raekwon one more year given his injury and our defensive coordinator’s struggles.
Baker’s speed will ensure he makes plays like he did vs the Jets. McMillan is too slow to make many splash plays. Watching the chiefs and Rams it hit me that the only defense these days are turnovers that go back for TDs. Thumpers are dying out - you can’t stop a good offense anyway. Look at the SB the last couple of years. 1000 yards and a million points. Bakers are the new breed of LB needed in today’s NFL. Baker all the way.

Baker will be the better LB. Doubt if McMillan remains in the league for long as he has displayed no instinct for the position and is frequently running in the opposite direction on running plays. He is so confused at the NFL level of play. His coverage skills are laughable as well. A first round draft pick that ends up as a special team player, now that is so Dolphins! He is a HUGE reason we suck against inside runs.

I haven't seen you post, so I want to be clear...

Do you hold Tannehill in the same regard as McMillan, in terms of giving a player another year?
No. Like McMillan, the injury return should have no weight on the assessment or be an excuse.

I stay out of Tannehill threads because they are mostly filled with ignorance by the people bashing him. Everyone wants to bash Tannehill, say to dump him, etc......but no one ever has an answer as to who is going to QB our team as good as him or who exactly our future QB is in the wings that will be better than him. I am not against moving on from him, but I sure as hell wouldn't get rid of him until you have a proven, better, replacement on the team or a very high draft pick selected & signed.

Now lets not make this into a Tannehill thread..

I'm going oppo.

I expect Raekwon McMillan to have the better career. Baker has the better physical tools … but I think McMillan's mind set will come through in the end.

No. Like McMillan, the injury return should have no weight on the assessment or be an excuse.

I stay out of Tannehill threads because they are mostly filled with ignorance by the people bashing him. Everyone wants to bash Tannehill, say to dump him, etc......but no one ever has an answer as to who is going to QB our team as good as him or who exactly our future QB is in the wings that will be better than him. I am not against moving on from him, but I sure as hell wouldn't get rid of him until you have a proven, better, replacement on the team or a very high draft pick selected & signed.

Foster was taken ahead of McMillan...

Now the question is should we have taken Foster ahead of Harris? I say, yes, but what about our pass rush...that never materialized anyhoo?

Cut by the 49ers.

Currently in jail for domestic violence at the team hotel.

Back
Top Bottom