Props to Tua on GW Drive | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Props to Tua on GW Drive

In a critical moment the QB made a good read, and followed that with good execution. As fans we should be both loving this and expecting more of this. Not everything needs to be controversial.
I rewatched the game and focused on just the O-line and I’ll say Tua did a damn good job considering the O-line was getting beat a lot almost instantly. The few times the O-line held its own consistently it’s no surprise Tua led the offense right down the field for TDs in each half.

They want it both ways. If Tua does well he didn’t really do it. The team did it. If he doesn’t that’s all on him. Pathetic really. I don’t know how anyone who can call themselves a fan and behave this way. I have my suspicions
I don't think it has to be one extreme or the other. I think most fans can watch a game and tell if the QB was the one to blame or credit for a win or loss. For example, we shouldn't really "credit" Tua for last year's win against New England when he threw for 145 yards and an INT, and we rushed for like 240 yards. Conversely, we shouldn't blame Tua for a loss when he passes for 300 yards and 3 TDs and we lose 35-30, which is bound to happen at some point.

Records are team records. Sometimes a QB should get "credit" for a win, sometimes they shouldn't. Sometimes a QB should take the blame for a loss, and sometimes it's unwarranted. Just depends on their play.

Tua and Jalen Hurts combined to go 5/5 in the redzone with their teams, Mac Jones 1/4 yet he's being touted as the best Alabama QB in the league. It's a shame that Hurts and Tua get the disrespect that they do.

There are more than a couple reasons I can think of as to why ....... but I'll hold my tongue.

Tannehill still can't do that properly. Just kidding I haven't seen that guy play since he left. He is dead to me.
How many times did we witness tannehill come up short in these types of scenarios, used to be so frustrating to watch. Was happy to see Tua and the fins close out a win by running out the clock and not giving the ball back.

How many times did we witness tannehill come up short in these types of scenarios, used to be so frustrating to watch. Was happy to see Tua and the fins close out a win by running out the clock and not giving the ball back.
Not sure how much freedom Tannehill ever had to make that kind of play. Philbin and Gase would have just ran the ball 3 times.

I've come to associate Fins football w "playing not to lose" for way too long.

Let's add this: By completing that pass, it not only led to that initial first down, but showed Pats D that they cant just ignore the pass, and that probably led to Miami getting off some good runs in that close-out sequence.
Things snowball bad Or good ways. One thing leads to another and that 2nd and 14 pass play led to many positive plays in a row culminating in Victory Formation.
It was the most important play of the game. It was read correctly and executed well and led to the win.

It’s only a team stat when it furthers your argument. It’s like child’s play picking apart dim witted poster’s arguments. They have no game except “Tua didn’t do it.” We already know the game. When “Mahommes leads Chiefs to playoffs” or “Brady leads Buccs to SB” do you call that a team stat? No you don’t, so why are THEY getting credit and not Tua? Because many posters here hate Tua so much that they’re unwilling to concede when he plays well, and they think they’re being smart by saying Tua’s wins are team wins and Tua’s losses are all on Tua. Please. If you people are going to bring it, don’t bring a stick to a gun fight.
This is literally a joke of a response,

Back
Top Bottom