Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB

I know we’re all entitled to have our own opinions and all. However, fans wanting to give Tua more weapons, is just crazy to me. Because we won’t have another 3rd overall pick. Tua really looked like a back up QB. He couldn’t play well with the bills back up defence. He hasn’t shown me anything. We need an upgrade and Wilson or Lawrence would be ideal
The fact that you mentioned Lawrence as a possible option in a post calling other people's ideas crazy is just soooooo silly.

I think Mariota is actually a decent option for a back up for us

could maybe continue to mentor Tua, not as a journeyman qb like Fitz, but a qb had been through some adversity also and a Tua looked up to him at Oregon
If Tua plays like this next year, Mariota will be the starter not the backup. He looked really good when played when Carr was out and has skills to still be a starter.

Mark Sanchez, on rookie contract, took the team to two AFCCG beating P Manning and Brady.
You'd trade 2 firsts and 2 seconds and Tannehill and Tua for that.
This GM cannot find that kind of QB.
Your opinions are truly something else

So, instead of giving him legitimate weapons that could be a huge help, we’re suggesting wasting a pick just for competition and leave the winning qb with no weapons yet again.

I care absolutely zero about the criticisms against him AT THIS TIME. I refuse to decide on Tua’s legitimacy after a season where he wasn’t expected to play at all, spent every waking moment of the off-season rehabbing from what could/should have been a career-ending injury, played no preseason games, has rookies making up his o-line, and a practice squad offense. His receivers dropped balls today in the double-digits, absolutely no one could get any separation or create YAC, and, for as much as some of us like Parker, most of his catches are the out-jump the defender type. There’s a place for that but he’s a 1 Trick Pony.

Give him an off-season where he’s not rehabbing, he’s getting more acquainted with the offense, and has legitimate playmakers around him. THEN, let’s see where we go from there.
EXACTLY

Fitz had the exact same weapons and looked like marino at times, move on, TUA is not developing fast enough and is completely out of rehab, Miami needs to address the QB position for any case scenario.
Not developing fast enough???? HE STARTED 9 ****ING GAMES! What were you expecting with a shitty OL, RB’s and receivers??

Why?

If you need to develop a QB there is a much better chance of developing a first rounder than a mid round pick.

Half measures at QB don't cut it.
Because it's too early to give up on Tua... and first things first, give him ammo.

Because it's too early to give up on Tua... and first things first, give him ammo.
It isn't too early, if the staff doesn't believe in him. I have no idea if that's the situation, but neither does anyone else.

What ppl here think, or want, is meaningless.

I know you already know that, but that being the case, what's the point of bashing others for opinions?

I'm not saying you specifically, just in general.

It isn't too early, if the staff doesn't believe in him. I have no idea if that's the situation, but neither does anyone else.

What ppl here think, or want, is meaningless.

I know you already know that, but that being the case, what's the point of bashing others for opinions?

I'm not saying you specifically, just in general.
I guess I'm sitting here thinking... if the Front Office was willing to take the risk of drafting a player coming off of a huge injury that is almost never seen within the NFL community, an injury with an unknown recovery time, then that F.O. would logically be aware of the idea that his true recovery time might be close to a year and a half, rather than six months, and that this knowledge would give them a certain amount of perspective and patience.

Yes, several clauses and if/thens there, but I'm hoping they are smart enough to do that and not prone to making kneejerk decisions.

Hell... I didn't want to draft the kid, and I'm THAT patient. I guess we will see.

All of that said, if we were to draft more linemen and more offensive weapons, then SOMEONE would get to use them, even if it wasn't Tua.

Lawrence is going to Jacksonville. What a silly notion that he wouldn't. I don't even know if a Ricky Williams-esq trade would do it.

The reality is what we are seeing. Fitz was able to move the ball with the current staff and Tua was not able to. Not trying to argue but its the reality we all saw this year from both qbs. If fitz can move the ball then why not Tua? That is what people are mostly arguing. Tua needs more weapons, ok well fitz played well with what we have. Point is, convince me that there is a different reality other then what we all saw Fitz do with the current team that Tua couldn't.

But of course I'm going to get the same arguments such as "what do you know" thst is used instead of stating facts. And thats the fact. Fitz was moving the offense with the "cheap players" and Tua was not able with woth those same players. That is where the QB situation is at right now with Miami.

Back
Top Bottom