Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB

It’s too early to say that he is that answer and too early to say that he isn’t. Let’s see if he makes a leap in his second year with a full off season, pre season, and improvements made to supporting cast.
Herbert nor Burroughs, Hurts needed it.

I know we’re all entitled to have our own opinions and all. However, fans wanting to give Tua more weapons, is just crazy to me. Because we won’t have another 3rd overall pick. Tua really looked like a back up QB. He couldn’t play well with the bills back up defence. He hasn’t shown me anything. We need an upgrade and Wilson or Lawrence would be ideal
And yet Josh Allen looked like absolutely trash his first few years. BILLS built a oline and got him some weapons and hmmm miraculously he turns into a pretty decent Qb

Last edited:
They will NOT trade that pick, for any price. That would absolutely not be an overpay to get the best player in 20+ years. Draft value chart means nothing in this situation. This is Urban Meyer leverage.

Are the Jags even pretending to follow the Rooney Rule?

Herbert nor Burroughs, Hurts needed it.
Yeah Herbert and Burroughs look like they are going to be really good. You can’t definitively say that about Tua yet, although it is definitely still possible. Some rookies take longer to develop than others.

Maybe not a bust. Are you OK with him being just average?

Looking at some of the weapons in the draft. I think if Grier actually gets is right, average might be enough

I would say if Dalton was reasonable then he'd be my choice. A rookie QB is not going to benefit Tua in the QB room. I know its the QB coach and OC's job to help develop, but picking a 6th round rookie out of FCS is gonna help tua see things much differently. I doubt Dalton is ready to accept the role of being the next Fitz in the league, but it pays well.

It'll prob be someone like Colt McCoy to be honest though.

Tua is the starter in 2021and free agency/draft should and will be used to build the offense up around him. Tua didn't light the world on fire, but he played like a rookie quarterback and he didn't really do that bad. In fact his rookie season was far better than Josh Allen's rookie year.

Idk if Fitzpatrick comes back, but if he does, it will be as Tua's backup. If not him, I would pick up another veteran to be his backup, especially when this is a team that is going to be in the playoff race next year also. If Tua gets hurt it is hard to turn it over to a mid-late round rookie. A quarterback will not be drafted in the first few rounds, I understand that will be an offseason storyline that some will try to keep inventing and pushing, but it is not factual.

This offseason is not about replacing the quarterback, they got the quarterback last draft. It is about adding more firepower for Tua.
This! Well said

After another lackluster showing from TUA, what do you think? we bring a proved veteran, bring Fitz back, Draft another QB high in the draft? It´s about obvious TUA needs competition because he has not shown much to commit to him without a plan B. which veterans will be available next year? my bet is Fitz gets one more year and we draft a QB within the first 3 rounds plus we bring a 4th one from waivers to compete.

I doubt it. I'm aware of Rosen/Murray, but those are one-offs. No QB day 1-2

I dont see any thread calling out the WRs for dropping 11 balls in a single game... Because clearly, thats a very common occurence in the NFL these days...
Why would they? They're not looking for rational discussion. They need the ammo to use for their year long "TUA SUCKS" rhetoric no matter how little it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom