Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB

Competition is always a good idea. I’m all for it. But with everything going on, your post read as if you’d want the competition coming from a high draft pick (draft or trade). In my opinion, those are better used stacking the offense around him.
yes, I´d like a high draft pick and good veteran back up, why not? what happens if TUA remains the same player we saw today? don´t you think its very possible?. why not get Wilson and compete with TUA. we have 2 first rounders again.

It's REALLY hard to maintain that many picks because you cannot keep them all signed. Four first rounders in one draft and then two next year? It's not sustainable. Not a good business model. The smartest move is building around a great QB. It's the most important position in professional sports. You don't give up Lawrence for anything.

Id test him.

I'm not sure most disagree with you on learning the ropes. The scary part for me is the lack of physical skills and he's just not all that smart in the pocket. Again, he was a ceiling guy when we drafted. Guys like Allen were floor guys when they were drafted.

I'm looking forward to the draft and free agency as well.
This is exaxtly how i feel. The only similar qb to tua that has succeeded is brees and i dont see any similarities besides their height and average athletic ability. People are comparing this to josh allen but allen was drafted as a project with insane athleticism and arm strength, he also had even worse wrs and tes than miami his rookie year somehow.

yes, I´d like a high draft pick and good veteran back up, why not? what happens if TUA remains the same player we saw today? don´t you think its very possible?. why not get Wilson and compete with TUA. we have 2 first rounders again.
Stock up the team with talent, because even if miami gets another qb. Getting talent around them will be helpful if that happens and make that a priority. If Tua doesn't pan out then you get a qb the following year. But it would be shame so early to give up when he might be what they though the next year and give him talent. If you're going to replace Tua don't do it with Zach Wilson. Yeah he got all those yards, but the WRs were so wide open in the games and trick plays. Nothing really showed great accuracy or even that good of an arm to me from his throws

This is exaxtly how i feel. The only similar qb to tua that has succeeded is brees and i dont see any similarities besides their height and average athletic ability. People are comparing this to josh allen but allen was drafted as a project with insane athleticism and arm strength, he also had even worse wrs and tes than miami his rookie year somehow.
Tua's shown some great precision accuracy which Brees has though

HUH? I don't know man i'd say he prefers to have a Running Threat QB running the show, Tebow, Haskins, Braxton, Pryor most of those QB's were pretty damn mobile..

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Jags don't pick Trevor Lawerence and trade down to the Jets and get Fields instead.
Have you watched Lawrence play? He's as mobile as they come and runs the hell out of the rpo. He's a tank to bring down. Haskins didn't run at all.

Lawrence would be Meyer's dream because unlike the guys listed above, he can run and throw. Everyone above was trash in the throwing area. Zero chance Fields goes #1 or traded there.

And if you look at Allen's stats and play, he had a very up and down rookie season. It wasn't until this season that Allen really put it together

And if you look at Allen's stats and play, he had a very up and down rookie season. It wasn't until this season that Allen really put it together
Actually he got better as the year went on and his last 5 games threw for over 200 every game he also ran for around 500 yards his last 6 games. So as bad as we say he was, he improved and still was a much bigger factor for his team.

He also was a lot better his rookie year.

Maybe we could trade for Tannehill next year, Really he is the veteran QB Tua should have been learning from in the 1st place.

Actually he got better as the year went on and his last 5 games threw for over 200 every game he also ran for around 500 yards his last 6 games. So as bad as we say he was, he improved and still was a much bigger factor for his team.
Well yeah, Tua came in like mid season, who knows how things would go a little further down. Tua might pick it up next season. We've seen qbs play a whole season and not show enough to make it clear they will be good, but the following season they make their mark. Or for some the third season they start showing their promise

Well yeah, Tua came in like mid season, who knows how things would go a little further down. Tua might pick it up next season. We've seen qbs play a whole season and not show enough to make it clear they will be good, but the following season they make their mark. Or for some the third season they start showing their promise
He started 3 more games then Tua.

He still was inconsistent and I remember him having issues the following year. Either way, young qbs have struggled and there were some games I liked from Tua. If there wasn't, I wouldn't wait and see. But I want some better WRs around Tua and a full offseason for him and see how he develops next season. Either way, miami needs to get some talent around them whether they get another qb the following season or keep Tua going forward. If miami want's to draft a development qb 3 or 4th rd fine, but they can use the other top picks for talent to build the team up so it will help Tua or set up a rookie qb the following season.

How would you feel bringing Wentz, Darnold or Dalton to miami? they will be backups next season most likely

Back
Top Bottom