Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB

Honestly the worse case scenario is Fitz or some other veteran going in as the backup and then at times outplaying Tua. To me we either go all in with Tua for 2021 or draft with the Houston pick if the front office thinks that's what we need to do. Where are we going to go with Fitzpatrick or Andy Dalton or any other QB past their middle of the road prime? The QB position today is go big or go home if your goal is to win the Superbowl.

I dont see any thread calling out the WRs for dropping 11 balls in a single game... Because clearly, thats a very common occurence in the NFL these days...

And you won't see those threads. Sadly, there are some hell bent on laying it all at the feet of this rookie QB as opposed to seeing this disappointment as a group failure including those drops that you've mentioned. Not to mention failure of the coaching staff and OC.

We're all disappointed. But there has to be some honest objectivity here that lays this blame at the feel of the entire team and not just the rookie QB.

Further is the quickest way to get better to draft another rookie QB with our top pick and HOPE that QB is all world that can overcome this teams offensive deciencies? Does that really make sense? Does that seem like the most logical/prudent solution or surround this rookie QB with the best possible talent we can during the FA period and draft and see what we have afterwards?

I would like Brissett in a back up capacity.

2yrs, $30M
Are you on drugs? Is this serious? $15m a year for effing Brissett.....as a backup? Do you have any idea what "good" backup money is? Less than half that.

Why does everyone think they need their own QB whisperer thread??

If 'compete with Tua' is a thought within the building, then we're the 2019 Arizona Cardinals getting hosed on a waste of a 5th overall pick.
well we are, TUA is not panning out as quickly as thought and the dolphins can win now. QB should be addressed now, maybe TUA pans out and will be a solid player but it´s a mistake to not have a plan B after what we´ve seen.

Brissett isn't worth $15m a year as a starter......Indy realized that first hand!

So, instead of giving him legitimate weapons that could be a huge help, we’re suggesting wasting a pick just for competition and leave the winning qb with no weapons yet again.

I care absolutely zero about the criticisms against him AT THIS TIME. I refuse to decide on Tua’s legitimacy after a season where he wasn’t expected to play at all, spent every waking moment of the off-season rehabbing from what could/should have been a career-ending injury, played no preseason games, has rookies making up his o-line, and a practice squad offense. His receivers dropped balls today in the double-digits, absolutely no one could get any separation or create YAC, and, for as much as some of us like Parker, most of his catches are the out-jump the defender type. There’s a place for that but he’s a 1 Trick Pony.

Give him an off-season where he’s not rehabbing, he’s getting more acquainted with the offense, and has legitimate playmakers around him. THEN, let’s see where we go from there.

Last edited:
Tua is the starter in 2021and free agency/draft should and will be used to build the offense up around him. Tua didn't light the world on fire, but he played like a rookie quarterback and he didn't really do that bad. In fact his rookie season was far better than Josh Allen's rookie year.

Idk if Fitzpatrick comes back, but if he does, it will be as Tua's backup. If not him, I would pick up another veteran to be his backup, especially when this is a team that is going to be in the playoff race next year also. If Tua gets hurt it is hard to turn it over to a mid-late round rookie. A quarterback will not be drafted in the first few rounds, I understand that will be an offseason storyline that some will try to keep inventing and pushing, but it is not factual.

This offseason is not about replacing the quarterback, they got the quarterback last draft. It is about adding more firepower for Tua.

I am not sold on Zach Wilson. He is another wacky numbers quarterback, only this time from a weaker conference. Yes he has a stronger arm than Tua, is more mobile, and taller, so he is perhaps better than Tua, but no. No to wacky quarterbacks, 45 TDs 3 ints. No thanks.

Lets move all the chips in for Lawrence, or lets trade for a vet and load up on offense.
I agree with Lawrence. But I would like Wilson too. If he we can’t get one of these 2 then we stick with Mr. Noodles

well we are, TUA is not panning out as quickly as thought and the dolphins can win now. QB should be addressed now, maybe TUA pans out and will be a solid player but it´s a mistake to not have a plan B after what we´ve seen.

Miami can win now with a soft schedule and some luck. They lack maturity, consistency and a whole bunch of play making.

Now you may put it all on Tua, who had far less to work with than Henne or Tannehill did as rookie starters. But I won't. Not after 10 games.

Alot of this is just plain dislike of the player and the pick. The need to be right. A growing fad from the usual suspects on FH.

Back
Top Bottom