Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB

So, instead of giving him legitimate weapons that could be a huge help, we’re suggesting wasting a pick just for competition and leave the winning qb with no weapons yet again.

I care absolutely zero about the criticisms against him AT THIS TIME. I refuse to decide on Tua’s legitimacy after a season where he wasn’t expected to play at all, spent every waking moment of the off-season rehabbing from what could/should have been a career-ending injury, played no preseason games, has rookies making up his o-line, and a practice squad offense. His receivers dropped balls today in the double-digits, absolutely no one could get any separation or create YAC, and, for as much as some of like Parker, most of his catches ate the out-jump the defender type. There’s a place for that but he’s a 1 Trick Pony.

Give him an off-season where he’s not rehabbing, he’s getting more acquainted with the offense, and has legitimate playmakers around him. THEN, let’s see where we go from there.
Fitz had the exact same weapons and looked like marino at times, move on, TUA is not developing fast enough and is completely out of rehab, Miami needs to address the QB position for any case scenario.

So, instead of giving him legitimate weapons that could be a huge help, we’re suggesting wasting a pick just for competition and leave the winning qb with no weapons yet again.

I care absolutely zero about the criticisms against him AT THIS TIME. I refuse to decide on Tua’s legitimacy after a season where he wasn’t expected to play at all, spent every waking moment of the off-season rehabbing from what could/should have been a career-ending injury, played no preseason games, has rookies making up his o-line, and a practice squad offense. His receivers dropped balls today in the double-digits, absolutely no one could get any separation or create YAC, and, for as much as some of like Parker, most of his catches ate the out-jump the defender type. There’s a place for that but he’s a 1 Trick Pony.

Give him an off-season where he’s not rehabbing, he’s getting more acquainted with the offense, and has legitimate playmakers around him. THEN, let’s see where we go from there.

You would think this is the obvious, logical, prudent course of action and thinking. But clearly it isn't on the board. What's even more bizzare is some want to draft a QB with our top pick. Which brings up several question including what in the world makes you think that QB is going to be all world and heads/shoulders better than Tua out the gate?

What your suggesting along with myself and others is the most reasonable course of action. You build the best offense you can between FA/Draft and give Tua the time in the offseason to continue rehabbing and growing. After which, you put him out there with what you've acquired and get a better idea of what you have.

I think Tua is done as starter material. It's either Lawrence, or sign a vet and give him weapons to compete.
I know we’re all entitled to have our own opinions and all. However, fans wanting to give Tua more weapons, is just crazy to me. Because we won’t have another 3rd overall pick. Tua really looked like a back up QB. He couldn’t play well with the bills back up defence. He hasn’t shown me anything. We need an upgrade and Wilson or Lawrence would be ideal

Fitz had the exact same weapons and looked like marino at times, move on, TUA is not developing fast enough and is completely out of rehab, Miami needs to address the QB position for any case scenario.
When, exactly? The raiders game? He made a great pass to gesicki. Awesome. From there, Gaskin play was all YAC on bad tackling, and, of course, the miracle play, which was also busted coverage. That game should have ended just like the Denver game and it wouldn’t be a discussion right now.

I like Fitz. LOVE him for what he’s done for the Fins. But to say he looked like Marino??? Good lord... Let’s not forget he was benched after a game where he converted zero 3rs downs...at home...against the Jets!

Imagine if the Colts, 49rs, etc, had all moved on from Manning, Young, and the like, because they had terrible rookie seasons, which had worse stats than Tua, by the way.

Last edited:
When, exactly? The raiders game? He made a great pass to gesicki. Awesome. From there, Gaskin play was all YAC on bad tackling, and, of course, the miracle play, which was also busted coverage. That game should have ended just like the Denver game and it wouldn’t be a discussion right now.

I like Fitz. LOVE him for what he’s done for the Fins. But to say he looked like Marino??? Good lord...

Imagine if the Colts, 49rs, etc, had all moved in from Manning, Young, and the like, because they had terrible rookie seasons, which had worse stats than Tua, by the way.
I´m not saying move on from TUA, I´m sayin give the kid some more competition and start the better one, I don´t care about TUA I care about the Dolphins

I dont watch college football much but wasnt tua pulled a few times in games at bama per Sabans ego? How does one learn if not from making mistakes? Tua worked his bum off to rehab from his hip. Tua is not used to lossing like this! Tua was babied all season, via play calling and fitz being there. There was no preseason. COVID! This offseason and next year will tell us who Tua is and who he can or can not become.

I´m not saying move on from TUA, I´m sayin give the kid some more competition and start the better one, I don´t care about TUA I care about the Dolphins
Competition is always a good idea. I’m all for it. But with everything going on, your post read as if you’d want the competition coming from a high draft pick (draft or trade). In my opinion, those are better used stacking the offense around him.

Back
Top Bottom