Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB

It's not like we can't afford it. You get weapons in the draft. You get a vet QB that can support, back up and challenge Tua.

2yrs $30 Million would probably look more like $10M and $20M w little gtd money in the second year.
It is like they can’t afford it.....because they can’t.

Dalton played for 3 million this year.

It isn't like he'd be super expensive, so the 2 year/30Million for Brissett number was just well... nuts. He's never even been a successful starter.

Sorry but we need a starter, not a backup. We already have a backup.

Two starting quarterback’s equals zero starting quarterback’s. Find the GUY/FRANCHISE/MVP, and a backup that isn’t as bad as Ray Lucas and that’s that.

Sorry but we need a starter, not a backup. We already have a backup.
We have a starter Largo. We are not going to jettison Tua after one year, nor are we going to bring in a high priced vet who needs a new start. Neither is going to happen. If either happens, I'll be here to admit that I was wrong.

We have a starter Largo. We are not going to jettison Tua after one year, nor are we going to bring in a high priced vet who needs a new start. Neither is going to happen. If either happens, I'll be here to admit that I was wrong.
He is not a starter material. We can have a starter with Lynn Bowden, but he is not a starter material.

He is not a starter material. We can have a starter with Lynn Bowden, but he is not a starter material.
Your opinion is not widely shared at this point. You are welcome to it, but I'll wager that 90% of the board disagrees with you. Heck... add a poll and find out.

Fitz also has 16 years of NFL experience and Tua has only 9 games so far. So I am not surprised that Fitz can do some things that Tua hasn't been able to. Tua had a good season for a rookie quarterback(better than Josh Allen's rookie season) and he got some much needed experience. Now he will get a full offseason and camps as the starter. Plus Grier is likely about to infuse a lot of much needed talent around him on the offense.

Wasn't Allen drafted more on potential, though? I think there was a lot more upside to Allen, and, I thought, more risk.

Tua's floor looks disturbingly low. He was supposed to be a guy who threw accurately to all three levels, had poise, mobility, and that overcame any physical deficiencies. The QB I watched these last couple of months wasn't Tua the prospect. He looked completely overwhelmed by the game.

Worse for me were the cuts to the Dolphins on the sideline when Buffalo scored that fourth TD. It was worse than discouraged. It was lost. A team takes on the personality of its leaders, and the Dolphins didn't look like they had any fight or confidence that they could come back at that point.

Obviously, I want to see Tua succeed, but the realist in me needs to have something to hang that hope on, and it's not going to be what another completely different QB did or how many games he played. I think in 9 games somewhere in there you'd see something flash that would say "just wait until he gets comfortable and we'll see that consistently." Instead, he seemed to get worse as the season progressed. Like today, from that weird mess up on a snap and he just threw the ball away immediately ... and everything spiralled downhill from there.

Maybe Philly trades Hurts for Tua straight up? If not then why?

Back
Top Bottom