Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proved Veteran or we a Draft QB

Yeah instead of adding some weapons, let's spend 15 mil on a backup QB

It's not like we can't afford it. You get weapons in the draft. You get a vet QB that can support, back up and challenge Tua.

2yrs $30 Million would probably look more like $10M and $20M w little gtd money in the second year.

Competition is always a good idea. I’m all for it. But with everything going on, your post read as if you’d want the competition coming from a high draft pick (draft or trade). In my opinion, those are better used stacking the offense around him.

Building the Bama offense for Tua to thrive with in the NFL?

Fitz had the exact same weapons and looked like marino at times, move on, TUA is not developing fast enough and is completely out of rehab, Miami needs to address the QB position for any case scenario.
Fitz also has 16 years of NFL experience and Tua has only 9 games so far. So I am not surprised that Fitz can do some things that Tua hasn't been able to. Tua had a good season for a rookie quarterback(better than Josh Allen's rookie season) and he got some much needed experience. Now he will get a full offseason and camps as the starter. Plus Grier is likely about to infuse a lot of much needed talent around him on the offense.

Fitz had the exact same weapons and looked like marino at times, move on, TUA is not developing fast enough and is completely out of rehab, Miami needs to address the QB position for any case scenario.
Fitz was an amazing 3-3 as put starter this year with nearly as many picks as TDs and cost us the NE and Buffalo game early in the year. Comparing him to Marino is a joke.

Would you rather spend a draft pick?

Would that be a high, mid or low draft pick?

Or who would you get for, say under $10M a year?

Fitz also has 16 years of NFL experience and Tua has only 9 games so far. So I am not surprised that Fitz can do some things that Tua hasn't been able to. Tua had a good season for a rookie quarterback(better than Josh Allen's rookie season) and he got some much needed experience. Now he will get a full offseason and camps as the starter. Plus Grier is likely about to infuse a lot of much needed talent around him on the offense.
hope it pans out as you are sayin, I really do, but I still don´t see anything in TUA that makes me feel that way. hope I´m wrong.

I know we’re all entitled to have our own opinions and all. However, fans wanting to give Tua more weapons, is just crazy to me. Because we won’t have another 3rd overall pick. Tua really looked like a back up QB. He couldn’t play well with the bills back up defence. He hasn’t shown me anything. We need an upgrade and Wilson or Lawrence would be ideal

I keep seeing pay say this what does hell does it matter if we're not gonna have the 3rd overall pick again? Do great QB's only get drafted in the top 3?

The Chiefs didn't have a top 10 pick in 2017 so they traded up from 27 to get Mahomes...if the Dolphins wanted a QB later on if Tua doesn't work out they could also do that. Deshaun Watson was picked 12, Rodgers was picked 24th, Marino was picked 27th. You can find QB's outside the top 3.

Fitz was an amazing 3-3 as put starter this year with nearly as many picks as TDs and cost us the NE and Buffalo game early in the year. Comparing him to Marino is a joke.
compare him to TUA when the defense started to shine.

We don't have too much wood to clear, as we stand w a low salary cap of $175M we have like $26M. I would have no problem spending $10M on a veteran QB with starting potential.

And you won't see those threads. Sadly, there are some hell bent on laying it all at the feet of this rookie QB as opposed to seeing this disappointment as a group failure including those drops that you've mentioned. Not to mention failure of the coaching staff and OC.
While I am not a fan of Tua, I do have a serious question:

Why is it that when Tua would struggle and Fitz goes in, he finds and completes passes to the same WRs that Tua can't find or can't hit. I realize that to some extent experience has something to do with this. However, those same WRs that looked like Pro Bowlers with Fitz throwing the ball were all of a sudden dropping passes from Tua today. Setting aside the underthrows, overthrows, and the fact that every WR drops a ball once in a while, I'm curious about the drops when the receiver was covered. Miami's WRs can't get separation, so both Fitz and Tua had to throw to a covered receiver. So, why were Fitz's throws caught, while Tua's throws were not? I keep hearing about Tua's accuracy, but does Fitz actually have better ball placement allowing the WR to make the catch? Or, is it a matter of Fitz getting the ball there quickly before the defender can make a play on the ball, while Tua's throws have less zip and the defender has time to disrupt the catch? It looked like several drops occurred when the receiver was hit trying to make the catch. Or, how about wide open receivers dropping an easy pass? Is left-handed versus right-handed spin on the ball a possibility?

I honestly would like to know why the same WRs look mostly good with Fitz but look mostly bad with Tua.

i just think if you truly are all about making it about tua u cant have fitz here...the dynamic on offense was its fitz team, he had prior to tua relationships with alot of these players and he seems to have better chemistry with gesicki and parker

Back
Top Bottom