Pull the trigger on the Watson trade... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pull the trigger on the Watson trade...

I love how you state you won’t mention the questionable shooting involving Raekwon Davis, while actually mentioning it. I still feel Ross would not want to trade for Watson because the QB is basically the face of the team but we will just have to see how things play out.

I do think that trading away the 3rd pick in the draft was a sign that they are looking to build the team around Tua and not attempt to trade for Watson. I think the Texans would rather have had the 3rd pick instead of the 6th pick in this years draft and I think the Dolphins were doing what they thought would be best for the future of the team and not what was best in attempting to trade for Watson.
I think the Texans knew that Watson liked to hire "masseuses" from Instagram and waited to spring this on him hoping that he will be off-limits. This will never go criminal because that would require an investigation and Watson will have the DA and the best defense lawyer in Texas turning over every rock. The connection will be found if that happens.

That said, the Texans are in a lose/lose situation...

The NFL investigates the claims and he's on paid leave. I think the estimate was that Watson will get about $12 million during that period.
  • He comes off suspension and is released. If that happens then the Texans are negative $12 million...no draft picks.
  • He plays and hands the ball off every down...ensuring that he will be benched and subsequently released.
  • The Texans will trade him for pennies on the dollar because teams know that there is no other way for them to leave this situation with no assets.
Bringing Will Fuller in as opposed to drafting Smith or Chase didn't seem a little odd to you? I mean, I know the narrative has recently switched to Pitts...but why and how did Smith and Chase move from front-page news?

With the mess Watson is in, his value is plummeted. The owner of Hou is a chuch going person i once read. He doesn't want Watson to wear the Houston uniform ever.

What if,
we offer 2022 and 2023 first for Watson, and add a 2022 second if we have to, to make the trade for Watson. With the stipulation that, in the situation that Watson cannot offer his service, the trade is in nullity. Now you see why 2021 picks are not in the deal.

What the deal does is, if Watson clear up his mess between the draft and season start, he will play for dolphins. If he ends up in jail, then no deal, we will not lose any future picks. And thats why 2021 picks are not in the deal.

Personally I haven't given up on potentially trading for him. He probably isn't going anywhere until after the draft, he'll probably settle with all these women just so he can move on from all this...because eventually Watson will put all this behind him. And let’s be honest, a year from now will anyone really care or be talking about this when he’s balling on his new team? Will the fans of his new team care? Nope.

I'm confident that Grier has and continues to assess the situation and is keeping Ross briefed. But, Grier is also keeping an eye on the temperature in the room, because he knows how adverse to being labelled "dysfunctional" again Ross clearly is. Remembering that Tua wasn't a Grier pick, but rather a Ross pick (at least that's the scuttlebutt), Grier will likely wait for the situation to calm down a bit before suggesting any offer to Ross. But if things cool down a bit, I suspect Grier will pitch the idea again to Ross. It may not be at the low point of Watson's worth, but it will be at a reduced price, and where Ross can stomach it. Whether we act soon enough and offer enough in return is anyone's guess ... but I'd be shocked if Grier isn't keeping a daily (hourly) read on this situation.

If people thought the Tunsil trade was epic for Grier, stealing Deshaun Watson would make him legendary in the GM community. He'd never have to worry about having a GM job until he decides to retire. So, I'm pretty confident the thought hasn't left Grier's mind even for a minute.

Weekly reminder that this trade isn't going to happen. Was never going to happen because the team is all-in on another QB who is already on the roster.

Tua Tagovailoa is your starter for this season whether you like it or not folks.

this is irrelevant, but i really need to clean my computer screen at work. i read it as Tua is your starter "foc" this season, due to a perfectly placed lung biscuit or snot rocket that flew out of me. was like "is he saying foc this season as in its lost". then i scrolled down and said
nope lung biscuit, he said for"

With the mess Watson is in, his value is plummeted. The owner of Hou is a chuch going person i once read. He doesn't want Watson to wear the Houston uniform ever.

What if,
we offer 2022 and 2023 first for Watson, and add a 2022 second if we have to, to make the trade for Watson. With the stipulation that, in the situation that Watson cannot offer his service, the trade is in nullity. Now you see why 2021 picks are not in the deal.

What the deal does is, if Watson clear up his mess between the draft and season start, he will play for dolphins. If he ends up in jail, then no deal, we will not lose any future picks. And thats why 2021 picks are not in the deal.
you have way too much time on your hands to think of these ridiculous hypotheticals. Cannot wait to move on from this ****

Back
Top Bottom