Qb Busts. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Busts.

Don’t get mad at me, but I think we can put Tannehill in this category now for this team. Don’t know how he’ll fare on another team.
Sam Bradford, Alex Smith, and RGIII should be up in that list as well.
When I think bust I think like abysmal Todd Blackledge or Ryan Leaf or Art Schlister. Not guys that actually were mediocre-ish.

You have to get it right and it’s tough. I’m learning that worse than having a bust is having a Dalton, Cousins, Rivers, Stafford, Mariota or Alex Smith. Guys where you think you may have a chance but really don’t and waste years on them.
Rivers doesn't belong on that list. Only reason the Chargers have had any relevance. Still think he wins one in the next 3-4 years before he retires.

Couch, Akili Smith, Shuler, Ware, Manziel come to mind.

Beck was a bad one as he was in no way, shape, or form ready to QB an NFL team but he was a 2nd round pick. White too.

Beck was probably the worst of the bunch post Marino pre obscurity. I remember Lemon and Thigpen and Feeley but Beck was the least confident QB I've ever watched to the point where a 3 and out felt like a job well done. Way to avoid the turnover, doofus.

Don’t get mad at me, but I think we can put Tannehill in this category now for this team. Don’t know how he’ll fare on another team.
No, you're absolutely right to call RT a bust. He was selected round 1 so you have to say that.

Rivers doesn't belong on that list. Only reason the Chargers have had any relevance. Still think he wins one in the next 3-4 years before he retires.

I disagree. There were many years the Chargers were the offseason darling who many pundits considered the most talented team in the AFC. I think they’re pumping a dry well, we shall see.

Although the coaching is horrendous. The Patriots knew exactly what was coming and LA refused to change. I kept hearing all week how good their DB’s are yet they can’t play man? Cmon!

No, you're absolutely right to call RT a bust. He was selected round 1 so you have to say that.

Tannehill started for us for 6 years (would've been 7 without the injury). He got a second contract. Yeah, he didn't end up being the franchise qb we wanted, but he's far from a bust.

Dolphins first round busts are players like Devante Parker, Dion Jordan, Jason Allen, Ted Ginn Jr., Jamar Fletcher, John Avery, and Yatil Green.

I'd put Tannehill in the category with the likes of Pouncey and Ronnie Brown.

Tannehill is not a bust. Yeah, he's been very mediocre and inconsistent, but he's also played well at times and should not be labeled a bust.

You have to get it right and it’s tough. I’m learning that worse than having a bust is having a Dalton, Cousins, Rivers, Stafford, Mariota or Alex Smith. Guys where you think you may have a chance but really don’t and waste years on them.
Add RT to that list

Back
Top Bottom