Qb Easton Stick Footage | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Easton Stick Footage

You know, I always assumed you weren't a Miami Dolphins fan.

But now I think you are because you sound just like 90% of Dolphins fans I come across nowadays...

You outta hear Shula. All he does is read books everyday about his life so he can remember it. That's how bad the Dolphins are.

Among the oddities in the Easton Stick story?

He didn't lose a single fumble in 3 of his 4 seasons as the starting QB (2015, 2016, 2018). All of his lost fumbles (5) happened in one season (2017).

Had 980 career pass attempts, 55 sacks, and 372 runs...only lost the 5 fumbles.

It was something I had been thinking a few weeks ago because I had cataloged all his plays a long time ago and when I thought about it I was like, wait...how come I can't remember a single fumble? It was because he never lost a fumble in 2018.

I’ll check back to this post twice after these predictions to repost this. First, after the draft when Miami doesn’t select him. And second, in 3 years when he still isn’t considered a starting QB in the NFL. You obviously have a bromance. I will say this, you write well and did a quality analysis. It’s just flat out wrong and a complete waste of time.

Why don’t you scrap this heap and find them a guy like this:

Want a late round sleeper: take Gardner Minshew

Last edited:
So the Easton Stick stuff is a complete waste of time and instead you give us a guy who will be coaching within the next three years because he can't play?

OK.

I’ll check back to this post twice after these predictions to repost this. First, after the draft when Miami doesn’t select him. And second, in 3 years when he still isn’t considered a starting QB in the NFL. You obviously have a bromance. I will say this, you write well and did a quality analysis. It’s just flat out wrong and a complete waste of time.

I’ll bet you crap your pants when the Patriots draft Stick. :lol:

So I don’t think it’s too far off to compare Easton Stick athletically to Lamar Jackson based on Stick’s combine numbers. I have to believe Stick is a better thrower. Lamar Jackson is starting so............

Lol, you’re mad

Am I?

Even at the college level, Gardner Minshew was having trouble finding buyers when he put himself up for transfer. He was about to go off to Alabama to be a coach. Literally. Then Mike Leach called and asked if he wants to give it a go. That's how we got where we are with Minshew.

I like the guy. I like the way he plays. He's certainly smart, he's got moxie, he's got style. He reminds me of Matt Moore. There have been times I wonder if he's the most attractive guy you could grab once you get beyond players that have starter potential. I do still think he would "add to the room" as a backup.

But he's got terrible arm talent. He's trying to build his case on the basis of him being an extremely efficient player (because he sure as f--k doesn't have arm talent, size, or athleticism going for him), and yet he only ranked #28 in passer efficiency in 2018. And that was a high water mark for him in his career.

Sometimes you just have to accept that a fun college player is a fun college player and then he melts away into nothing. Or becomes a coach. That's Gardner Minshew's fate.

Actually,Minshew was going to Bama to try to be the back up,because at the time,we had no idea when J.Hurts was going to transfer....Then Leach gave him a starting job.
Other than that small tidbit,...CK has nailed Gardner's potential.

Am I?

Even at the college level, Gardner Minshew was having trouble finding buyers when he put himself up for transfer. He was about to go off to Alabama to be a coach. Literally. Then Mike Leach called and asked if he wants to give it a go. That's how we got where we are with Minshew.

I like the guy. I like the way he plays. He's certainly smart, he's got moxie, he's got style. He reminds me of Matt Moore. There have been times I wonder if he's the most attractive guy you could grab once you get beyond players that have starter potential. I do still think he would "add to the room" as a backup.

But he's got terrible arm talent. He's trying to build his case on the basis of him being an extremely efficient player (because he sure as f--k doesn't have arm talent, size, or athleticism going for him), and yet he only ranked #28 in passer efficiency in 2018. And that was a high water mark for him in his career.

Sometimes you just have to accept that a fun college player is a fun college player and then he melts away into nothing. Or becomes a coach. That's Gardner Minshew's fate.

Seemed to get a little defensive there...

Actually the story is he was most likely going to Alabama but Leach came in and told him he could go there to be the backup or join his Air Raid Offense and lead the Nation in passing. Quite the feat while leading the Cougars to a top 10 finish.

What I won’t do is argue your opinion. I disagree with a lot of what you claim but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I’m standing by my guy though.

I didn't pull the coaching thing out of nowhere. Nick Saban literally told him if he came to Bama he would hire him as a graduate assistant once his eligibility was done. I mean, I guess once upon a time Adam Gase was also technically a "player" for Nick Saban's Michigan State team as well, but everyone on staff knew he was a coach.

So yes, Minshew was literally going to Alabama to be a coach. That was why he was going there. It wasn't because he thought it so attractive to be 3rd string behind Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts, with potential upside to be 2nd string if Hurts actually transfers.

I mean I get the technicality, but the coaching offer was THE offer from Minshew's standpoint and that's what I was trying to say.

Seemed to get a little defensive there...

Actually the story is he was most likely going to Alabama but Leach came in and told him he could go there to be the backup or join his Air Raid Offense and lead the Nation in passing. Quite the feat while leading the Cougars to a top 10 finish.

What I won’t do is argue your opinion. I disagree with a lot of what you claim but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I’m standing by my guy though.

Sorry bro,I'm not as big of a Easton Stick fan as C.K..., love the name,tho...but Easton Stick is freaking Tom Brady compared to Gardner Minshew...

I didn't pull the coaching thing out of nowhere. Nick Saban literally told him if he came to Bama he would hire him as a graduate assistant once his eligibility was done. I mean, I guess once upon a time Adam Gase was also technically a "player" for Nick Saban's Michigan State team as well, but everyone on staff knew he was a coach.

So yes, Minshew was literally going to Alabama to be a coach. That was why he was going there. It wasn't because he thought it so attractive to be 3rd string behind Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts, with potential upside to be 2nd string if Hurts actually transfers.

I mean I get the technicality, but the coaching offer was THE offer from Minshew's standpoint and that's what I was trying to say.

I thought your point was to say that he was having trouble finding anywhere to go; so far as to say he was going to Alabama to be a coach?

I thought your point was to say that he was having trouble finding anywhere to go; so far as to say he was going to Alabama to be a coach?

Somewhere that wanted him as a player? Yeah. Exactly right. He knew teams weren't really all that interested in him as a player. And he knew the NFL didn't want him as a player, either...hence his considering going to Bama to get on track to be a GA as soon as his eligibility was done.

Back
Top Bottom