Qb Next Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Next Year

Who are we gonna pick up? How about your grandma, I reckon she can get us to just as many playoffs games as Tannehill has in 7 years, and for a lot less money.

But seriously, any one at this point. He will be back next year unfortunately. After that he's gone. Gone without any playoff appearances.

These are my priorities for the 2019 offseason:
1. Fire Gase and company
2. Hire a defensive minded coach
3. Make sure to draft your highest graded QB

We will roll with Tannehill as the starting QB in 2019 while the rookie sits and learns.

So a new coach will roll with the QB that was never good enough to have a competitive offense and got many coaches fired? I see two possible scenarios, Gase and Tannehill cut, start fresh. The other Is fire Burke and cut Tannehill and let Gase proof his value. But Tannehill Is 100% out, unless he miracoulsy plays the rest of the season and turns into someone he has never been.

i

Basically this is a long winded book saying there is no better option than thill and Gase and the FO are at fault somehow
Didn't have to read the long winded book but yes, essentially you are right. Tannehill could have been dropped after this season with no dead cap (his original contract). But we extended last offseason by a year and converted some non guaranteed into guaranteed. Our FO gambled....again. Tannehill is untradeable and almost uncuttable, regardless of his performance. Add to that the boner the FO and Gase have for Tannehill.

I agree but in reality it is either 26 Mill (keep), 13 Mill (trade or cut before June 1) or 7.5 Mill (trade or cut post June 1). Now pick your poison. :lol:
That's is so bad. Got to go with that last option.

I believe Miami will draft a quarterback high. I think the writing is on the wall with Tannehill. Missing time is really sealing his fate IMO.

Well I was referring to the NFL. :lol:

Not sure in any other sports.

Must have missed the Colts successful Suck for Luck campaign. Or the Bucs purposefully losing the last game of the year to land Winston. No doubt there’s more. It’s pretty common in most other major sports.

As soon as this season is over, Ross had better clean house. I say keep Osweiler and ditch Tannehill. Let Osweiler start in 2019 while the new regime rebuilds and drafts a new QB in 2019 or 2020.

Must have missed the Colts successful Suck for Luck campaign. Or the Bucs purposefully losing the last game of the year to land Winston. No doubt there’s more. It’s pretty common in most other major sports.
who gave the order for the Colts to throw the season? The coach who was fired after the season? The GM Polian who was fired after the season. Or were Kerry Collins and Painter such great QBs in the past and decided to throw the season so the Colts can throw the season to get a new QB? the suck for luck campaign was an idea which was developed by fans. Nothing more, nothing less.
The Bucs lost the last six games of the season. And they lost to the Saints in the last game who were stiill playing for a playoff spot.

The 2014 Bucs were just like the 2011 Colts an utterly bad team.

I think we might wanna take a hard look at McKenzie Milton in the draft, I say that because he’s completely under the radar, is short, but man can that kid play the qb position on all facets, and he does it all with hi level tempo and quickness..

Giving up on the idea of Tannehill being some pro bowl Qb will be the hardest thing Ross has ever done as an owner.

Back
Top Bottom