Qb Next Year | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Next Year

Patterson is drastically improving as he gets more comfortable in the offense. I’m kind of impressed and I’m an Ohio State fan.

I’m going all in on Teddy Bridgewater next year. I’m working on the assumption that Haskins and Herbert stay in school.

...that’s one guy that might actually be financially doable and work in Gase’s offense. Am I convinced he’d be better than Tannehill? No. But if the team is moving on, and you’re trying to get a stopgap who COULD be an upgrade? Sure. I’d spin the wheel on that.

From what I read & admittedly its early days next year's QB draft class is no way as strong as this year's QB draft prospects.

Knowing our luck we end up getting a high pick next year for only probably 2 QBs worthy of taking in the 1st round & why a lot of people on here (including myself) wanted us to go all in for Rosen this year to build the future.

In saying all of this it really does seem the coaching seems to be the bigger issue here where whatever gameplans/schemes simply isn't translating to the players.

I actually wouldn't mind giving Luke Falk a shot or at least seeing what he's got before we release T-Hill & try and go for a high pick QB in next year's draft class.

such a troll. 3 injury plagued seasons? What are you going to ay for a back up? add 13 million to it. how much do you really save? answer is not much. Or we could draft from an extremely weak class and be stuck in 3-5 year limbo again. I'll pass.

Why did you add a question mark to “3 injury plagued seasons”? Have you been on another planet since 2016?

I think the real troll is someone who thinks Tannehill should have a salary cap number at the same level as Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in 2019. Ridiculous.

We need to draft a potential elite QB and I'm not so sure there are going to be ANY possible elite ones in the 2019 draft. May have to wait til 2020
People said that about the Goff/Wentz year and they both look like Franchise QBs, you just never know what a young capable QB can do with the right coach.

You might want to keep an eye on that Raiders-49ers game Thursday night.
If you read my posts you would have read that the only team who would fall into the category of "tanking" ever are the Raiders. They do not care. They are moving. Chucky's objective is to field a talented young team when they move to Vegas in a couple years. They have no attachment to their current fan base. They don't have to impress anybody. A lame duck football franchise is the only team which would willingly tank a season.

I suspect the Dolphins will pressure Tannehill to restructure or take a pay cut. It depends on how many more games he will play this season and how well he plays. Renegotiating his contract, though, seems obvious considering the missed playing time. Ryan's not in a position to get a similar contract elsewhere, IMO.

Having said that, I can't help feeling it's not the best move for the Dolphins. They don't appear to be in a position to draft a replacement QB should Tannehill go down again. It's the wrong year to have to trade up in the draft to take one. Yet, rolling into next season with Tannehill seems neither destined for a winning season nor a losing one.... certainly not a 3-13 one.

If you read my posts you would have read that the only team who would fall into the category of "tanking" ever are the Raiders. They do not care. They are moving. Chucky's objective is to field a talented young team when they move to Vegas in a couple years. They have no attachment to their current fan base. They don't have to impress anybody. A lame duck football franchise is the only team which would willingly tank a season.

Indianapolis Colts? Suck for Luck?

There's nothing wrong with rebuilding a team, aka tanking the season. It's not losing deliberately. What the Colts did, OTOH, seemed criminal as they were immediately good again as soon as they drafted Luck. It's just too suspicious.

All these people saying we just need to cut Tannehill. Who are we gonna pick up If we cut him. $13 million is dead money and we save $13 millionwhich is gonna have to go straight to a new QB because we don't have another. Brock is on a one year deal. If we bring him back as the starter, he not gonna play for $850k like this year. You want to pay Brock $7-10 million to be the QB? Falk and Fales aren't the answer. Both have pop warner arms. Gase isn't gonna roll into the season with Falk or Fales with his *** on the line. No way.

We got two games with the bills, Colts, and Jets at home. Worst we do is 2-2 with 3-1 very likely even with how bad it's looked. Draft isn't an option for a starter. I'm not trading the franchise away for any of these QB, when the 2020 group is a year away. So with the whopping $13 million we saved who is this mysterious QB we are gonna get? I think thill is here next year unless his arm has fallen off.

If you cut Tannehill Pre-June 1st you save 13.1M in cap space (yeah you take a 13.6M hit but) and if you cut him after June 1st you save 18.75M. Couple that with the estimated 20M you have in cap space and you can get some moves done.

I think Gase has a good mind and could maybe turn it around, but you know he's going to do stop gap, half measures to make sure he can win games next year. That takes up cap we could be saving and rolling over, has us signing free agents when we shouldn't, and winning games so we won't get a top 2020 QB. He needs to be fired this year if we want to have a chance at rebuilding.

Tannehill’s contract needs to go away after this season...

2 guys I like that I don't many on here mentioning.....

Will Grier...WV

Easton Stick... North Dakota State

I suspect the Dolphins will pressure Tannehill to restructure or take a pay cut. It depends on how many more games he will play this season and how well he plays. Renegotiating his contract, though, seems obvious considering the missed playing time. Ryan's not in a position to get a similar contract elsewhere, IMO.

Having said that, I can't help feeling it's not the best move for the Dolphins. They don't appear to be in a position to draft a replacement QB should Tannehill go down again. It's the wrong year to have to trade up in the draft to take one. Yet, rolling into next season with Tannehill seems neither destined for a winning season nor a losing one.... certainly not a 3-13 one.

Indianapolis Colts? Suck for Luck?

There's nothing wrong with rebuilding a team, aka tanking the season. It's not losing deliberately. What the Colts did, OTOH, seemed criminal as they were immediately good again as soon as they drafted Luck. It's just too suspicious.
It was not a suck for luck season. The only thing the Colts showed is the importance of the QB position. With Manning they were playoff bound. With Luck they were playoff bound. In between with Kerry Collins (who was retired at that time) and Curtis Painter they were not.
For an entire franchise to tank a season it has to be conspired from the owner to the Football Operations (VP, GM, Coaches). If that conspiracy involves playing shitty on purpose you have to involve 54 players who play like crap on purpose. That is a rather large conspiracy and one would think that there are a few players who would not agree to it.

If the conspiracy involves purging the roster for money and draft picks that is possible. The Colts did not do that. The Raiders are doing it. The Colts fired everybody on the football operation side. VP, GM, Coaches. You don't do that if it was a sanctioned tanking. Chucky won't lose his job with the Raiders.

It does sound like a fairy tale. You suck for one year and then everything is good. So let's tank a season. It is a fan's dream. But that's not how reality is.
In reality Manning had the franchise tag placed on him. He hurt his neck and could not use the facilities since there was an NFL lockout. He was ruled out for the first game less than a week before the regular season started. That's when the Colts pulled Kerry Collins out of retirement and he became the starter immediately. Then it was on to Curtis Painter.

It was not a suck for luck season. The only thing the Colts showed is the importance of the QB position. With Manning they were playoff bound. With Luck they were playoff bound. In between with Kerry Collins (who was retired at that time) and Curtis Painter they were not.
For an entire franchise to tank a season it has to be conspired from the owner to the Football Operations (VP, GM, Coaches). If that conspiracy involves playing ****ty on purpose you have to involve 54 players who play like crap on purpose. That is a rather large conspiracy and one would think that there are a few players who would not agree to it.

If the conspiracy involves purging the roster for money and draft picks that is possible. The Colts did not do that. The Raiders are doing it. The Colts fired everybody on the football operation side. VP, GM, Coaches. You don't do that if it was a sanctioned tanking. Chucky won't lose his job with the Raiders.

It does sound like a fairy tale. You suck for one year and then everything is good. So let's tank a season. It is a fan's dream. But that's not how reality is.
In reality Manning had the franchise tag placed on him. He hurt his neck and could not use the facilities since there was an NFL lockout. He was ruled out for the first game less than a week before the regular season started. That's when the Colts pulled Kerry Collins out of retirement and he became the starter immediately. Then it was on to Curtis Painter.

2-14 in a weaker division with a more talented team than Cutler had here? Sure thing.

Tannehill’s contract needs to go away after this season...

2 guys I like that I don't many on here mentioning.....

Will Grier...WV

Easton Stick... North Dakota State
I've watched a ton of Easton Stick. He is not an NFL QB. There defense is just stupid good this year.

For an entire franchise to tank a season it has to be conspired from the owner to the Football Operations (VP, GM, Coaches). If that conspiracy involves playing ****ty on purpose you have to involve 54 players who play like crap on purpose. That is a rather large conspiracy and one would think that there are a few players who would not agree to it.

So the Dolphins could offer Tannehill a restructure that he probably won't accept. Provided he passes, they can then cut him to realize the cap savings. For lack of anyone better than Tannehill available to draft or sign, what is likely to happen? They would have to roll the dice at QB, and as you have shown a team can suck without a QB. Use the funds to build out the rest of the roster until the 2020 draft.

Back
Top Bottom