Qb Next Year | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Next Year

Trade a second for a guy that was drafted in the third who also hasn't played a down in the league to show that an increased investment from his original draft position is warranted? Some people just want something new whether it's logical or not.

Mason Rudolph would be the best QB in the draft if he came out this year instead of last year.

Think about it rather than start with the "some people" bullshit.

Mason Rudolph would be the best QB in the draft if he came out this year instead of last year.

Think about it rather than start with the "some people" bullshit.

yeah a lot of first round prospects at QB drop to the third round. The position is not valued highly.

I’ve already addressed most of these points. Garbage players will play hard. Cool. Doesn’t mean much when it’s players like Painter, supposedly the best they could do at the position that year. And it’s pretty safe to say that Jim Irsay is a drunk moron. I’d take Polian here in a heartbeat. As for players, long term Colts likely wanted Luck too. They benefit financially from playoffs and SBs, not endless middling seasons like the Phins. I bet if you asked any of those who stayed on the team after that season what they thought of that 2-14, they wouldn’t give two ****s.

But by all means, believe that the Colts did everything they could to compete that year. They went out and gave their all and won one for the gipper, or whatever.

Regardless, if we miss the playoffs again, I won’t be the least bit upset if this team sucks *** next year, even if they’re out there “giving it their all.” I want to see a SB and this bucket of mediocre isn’t going to do it. And if they end up middle of the road per usual, I’d be okay with trading multiple picks to move up to get one of the 2020 class if they remain as good as they look now.

Believe me I'm with you with going full suck for TUA/Fromm/Which ever prospect in 2020 if this year ends up being the year we expect it to be, aka mediocrity. Unfortunately I feel like we are stuck on limbo. We will win a few games to get us excited but never put up anything consistent because that's what mediocre teams do. Blue ballers. Tannehill is the perfect QB to keep us somewhat competitive. Not too bad to earn us a top 5 draft pick but not good enough to get us a playoff win. He's talented enough to perhaps win something if we surround him with talent like say the Chiefs have with their current and former QB. But personally I think it's just as hard building such complete teams as it is finding true Franchise/Above average-Elite QBs. We don't have the track record to ever come close to building an all around team like the Chiefs or Ravens of a few years ago. Our only hope to have a shot at a top prospect QB in the draft is trading away picks/players for future draft capital so we can use it to trade up from the usual top 10-15 picks of the draft. This season and the next are just filler seasons for a small possibility of a future starting 2020. I'd like to give Gase a shot if he wants to go out and get his own QB but he really hasn't shown any quality at coaching that stand out despite our questions at QB. And for all we know he might think Tannehill is that guy which keeps us in limbo like I said. The future is gray.

yeah a lot of first round prospects at QB drop to the third round. The position is not valued highly.

We need to pay a premium due to Gases ****ing incompetence last year.

He should have fixed this **** last year.

Another thing to worry about is Gase might be on the hot seat next year. I want Tua on this team badly, but he isn’t tanking anything if it means his job, unless his boss ok’s it which I highly doubt would happen. But who knows stranger things have happened.

I watched Josh Rosen perform the two minute drill to perfection tonight. Extremely accurate and good decision making skills. He and Larry Fitzgerald won the game for the Cardinals. Will he be another QB we will regret not taking (or trading up for)? Too many bad decisions by idiots.

Ross wanted to draft Lamar Jackson this year but Tannebaum and Grier talked him out it. I don't think that Ross will let that happen again. Miami will draft a QB come 2019, unfortunately, it won't be Tua.
That has been refuted.

Ross will want Shea Patterson.

Believe me I'm with you with going full suck for TUA/Fromm/Which ever prospect in 2020 if this year ends up being the year we expect it to be, aka mediocrity. Unfortunately I feel like we are stuck on limbo. We will win a few games to get us excited but never put up anything consistent because that's what mediocre teams do. Blue ballers. Tannehill is the perfect QB to keep us somewhat competitive. Not too bad to earn us a top 5 draft pick but not good enough to get us a playoff win. He's talented enough to perhaps win something if we surround him with talent like say the Chiefs have with their current and former QB. But personally I think it's just as hard building such complete teams as it is finding true Franchise/Above average-Elite QBs. We don't have the track record to ever come close to building an all around team like the Chiefs or Ravens of a few years ago. Our only hope to have a shot at a top prospect QB in the draft is trading away picks/players for future draft capital so we can use it to trade up from the usual top 10-15 picks of the draft. This season and the next are just filler seasons for a small possibility of a future starting 2020. I'd like to give Gase a shot if he wants to go out and get his own QB but he really hasn't shown any quality at coaching that stand out despite our questions at QB. And for all we know he might think Tannehill is that guy which keeps us in limbo like I said. The future is gray.

I'd be 100% okay with that. And I fully agree with you as to what will happen. There's a huge difference between what I wish would happen and what I think will happen.

Colin :cough: Kaepernick :cough: for a year?

I don't pay attention to college football other than the Canes but according to you draft experts ( i kid because i care), 2019 is not worth drafting a QB.

If things are as bleak as the posts in this thread, go get Kaepernick. He's gotta come cheap, no?

I mean if most of you want the team to tank anyways... why not?

Eli Manning may be released and I don't imagine he'll be breaking any banks.

I'd draft a QB this year and next.

I keep reading "i don't want to mortgage the future. Lets not mortgage the future." WHAT FUTURE!?

"You ain't got no future, Jack" -Batman (1989)

Not without a QB.

Draft. Draft. Draft.

BTW, please stop the INSUFFERABLE tank a year nonsense.

Last edited:
Counting on one defensive player in the draft to make a difference is not wise. I dont care how good the draft is. We've had are share of misses too, no need to name them in first round. Plus they can get a QB in second round in this draft.
The point is, there is zero reason to roll with Tannehill next season. None whatsoever.

This is so football ignorant. 13 million in dead money? wouldn't it make more sense to finish out his contract, maybe trade him midseason and draft BPA since we need two guards, a center, a RT, a WR over 6 foot tall, multiple Lbers and a legit pass rusher under 30?

This is so football ignorant. 13 million in dead money? wouldn't it make more sense to finish out his contract, maybe trade him midseason and draft BPA since we need two guards, a center, a RT, a WR over 6 foot tall, multiple Lbers and a legit pass rusher under 30?

How could it possibly make sense to have Tannehill eating up $26M of the salary cap in 2019, coming off three consecutive injury-riddled seasons? Not to mention, the quality of his play doesn’t justify the cap number.

We need to draft a potential elite QB and I'm not so sure there are going to be ANY possible elite ones in the 2019 draft. May have to wait til 2020

Sorry, this is just wrong. Nobody thought that Mahomes was elite coming out of college; in my view he is going to be Hall of Fame if not one of the best ever. Luck was meant to be elite and has been underwhelming. Nobody really knows who will transition from college to NFL.

Drafting low round QBs is not a smart idea, as history shows the odds drop off very quickly, but Miami simply needs to cut Tannehill, sign Brock for one year and draft at least 2 QBs in the first three rounds and hope they hit. If not they need to try again. The reason Miami is in this mess is that they won't face up to the fact that Tannehill is not the answer. I imagine they will try to keep him and draft a 'developmental' QB in the mid rounds - eg someone who is not really going to threaten to take his spot. RT has been the most protected QB in the NFL in recent years, never had to face any challenge at all.

You can't win in the NFL by getting a high priced FA QB as it kills your salary cap. Need to draft someone and it it really a lottery, so the more tickets you have the better your chances.

How could it possibly make sense to have Tannehill eating up $26M of the salary cap in 2019, coming off three consecutive injury-riddled seasons? Not to mention, the quality of his play doesn’t justify the cap number.

such a troll. 3 injury plagued seasons? What are you going to ay for a back up? add 13 million to it. how much do you really save? answer is not much. Or we could draft from an extremely weak class and be stuck in 3-5 year limbo again. I'll pass.

If people really want Carr, it might not be out of the question that HE gets cut next year. He’s earlier to cut than Tannehill, salary-wise.

That has been refuted.

Ross will want Shea Patterson.

Patterson is drastically improving as he gets more comfortable in the offense. I’m kind of impressed and I’m an Ohio State fan.

I’m going all in on Teddy Bridgewater next year. I’m working on the assumption that Haskins and Herbert stay in school.

Back
Top Bottom