QB option | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB option

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It would take both #1 picks and alot of luck to land any of the top three QBs in the draft. Even less likely we will get a good fairly young QB via free agency. Manning would be ideal but very unlikely. Couch will stay put with the uncertainly about starter in Cleveland. Brunell, Garcia and Warner are stop gaps until we can get a young kid to take over the reigns.
Baltimore gave up this years #1 to get Suggs last year (not bad though). Wright is putting up good #s and led them back from a 21 pt deficit earlier in the year and into the playoffs almost beating a great Tenn team. He has the mobility to create havoc on D and I really get the feeling the coach loves the kid, he was 3rd on the depth charts starting the season. I dont think its impossible to trade one of our #1 picks to them for bolller, assuming Wally fetches us a #1 pick. We could then go either WR or T with the other and have a solid foundation for the future. Last years QB draft was exceptionally deep and it was 3-4 good QBs. This year is much less, 2 maybe 3. If we could get a top 5 pick most years (in Boller) for ONE #1 pick that would be the best option. Boller has great upside and perhaps is better than Rivers and below in this years draft. Perhaps better than Ben too. Most will say its impossible, but without a #1 Baltimore will feel the sting of last years trade. They may part with one of their good young QBs and Boller will fetch the pick they want before wright will.

Baltimore reached on Boller in my opinion. Nothing he did in college would lead you to believe he'll be a good pro. Pure ability got him drafted in the first round. The guy was second day pick until he showed a strong arm, and great athleticism.

As for Rivers, I hope the day never comes when he's Miami's starting QB.

Also, Ben Roethlisberger is the best QB prospect I've seen since Peyton Manning.

Originally posted by Stamos
Baltimore reached on Boller in my opinion. Nothing he did in college would lead you to believe he'll be a good pro. Pure ability got him drafted in the first round. The guy was second day pick until he showed a strong arm, and great athleticism.

I agree about rivers but think Boller is the real deal. He is a heady kid with a rcoket arm. In the right system he could be marino-esque. danny was also the 3rd qb drafted that year and had similar complaints about him.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

I agree about rivers but think Boller is the real deal. He is a heady kid with a rcoket arm. In the right system he could be marino-esque. danny was also the 3rd qb drafted that year and had similar complaints about him.

Marino was the 6th QB taken his year and danny had a stellar college career, his pro career didn't come as a shock to anyone.

Boller didn't even complete half his passes in college.

A rocket arm means nothing these days. Chad Pennington and Tom Brady can throw a ball like 10 yards, but they're excellent QB's. Both very accurate, something Kyle Boller never was.

Could he be? absolutely. I am not close minded in writing people off, I'll give him his time to develop and see what happens. But I DEFINATELY wouldn't have made him a first round pick because he could throw a ball 80 yards.

Marino was the 6th QB taken his year and danny had a stellar college career, his pro career didn't come as a shock to anyone.

Boller didn't even complete half his passes in college.

A rocket arm means nothing these days. Chad Pennington and Tom Brady can throw a ball like 10 yards, but they're excellent QB's. Both very accurate, something Kyle Boller never was.

Could he be? absolutely. I am not close minded in writing people off, I'll give him his time to develop and see what happens. But I DEFINATELY wouldn't have made him a first round pick because he could throw a ball 80 yards.

Understood, and I agree that QBs can be sucessful without the rocket arm. However our play action system requires it. I appreciate your opinion but respectfully disgree.

Marnio was 6th????? 5 ahead of him on the first round? HUH.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
What is wrong with Rivers?

He is OK. However I would prefer the 3rd taken from a QB class compared with the 83 class. This class has some good Qbs, two that may be extra special but the rest are just every year QBs. Could get a "rivers like" guy next year too.

It amazes me that so few people talk about Ryan Dinwiddie in this draft.

I think he's the third best QB in this draft.

Only bad thing anyone can say about him is that he's only 6'1.

What about the kid from Texas Tech is he a senior? He looked pretty good but I only saw him play against NAVY

Originally posted by hunter5nc1
What about the kid from Texas Tech is he a senior? He looked pretty good but I only saw him play against NAVY

Great college QB, he'll be a 6th or 7th round pick much like his predecessor Kliff Kingsbury. But its highly unlikely BJ Symons EVER plays one down of football in the NFL. The Texas Tech offense is what produces those stats, not the QB's.

Kyle Boller didn't have good coaching till his final season at Cal. Jeff Tedford, who also developed Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, and Joey Harrington, came in and changed up Boller's mechanics. The result was a senior season in which Boller completed around 60% of his throws.

:pray:

And the other thing is, the original post implied that there is almost no chance that the 3rd ranked QB will be there at #20. That I find hard to believe, because there is a huge drop off after Manning and Roethlisberger.

For the last time, J.P. Losman is ranked ahead of Rivers on most boards(some of the retarded sites have Rivers ahead).

Losman is a good fit as well. He's got average size, but he has great athleticism and probably the strongest arm in the draft. He's somewhat of a cross between Patrick Ramsey and Kyle Boller. He's got the passing skills that Ramsey has while having the athleticism and arm strength of Boller.

If he's there, I think he should be Miami's 1st round pick. To hell with this idea that they shouldn't take him because he won't start for two years.

It amazes me that so few people talk about Ryan Dinwiddie in this draft.

I think he's the third best QB in this draft.

Only bad thing anyone can say about him is that he's only 6'1.

Good question. Where is he projected to go???

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Good question. Where is he projected to go???

I've seen some mocks with him all the way in the 7th, while I've seen a few with Dinwiddie in the 5th. He's a sleeper.

Back
Top Bottom