QB option | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB option

i would love for this to happen

trade a 3rd rounder to the texans for the right to there pick last year that kid from Michigan "Drew Henson" that wanted to play baseball but now wants to play football,that kid can play...keep fiedler one more year and bring this kid along slow, he has great talent..and raw ability

Rivers and Losman both have upsides...

but the strength of the draft is at WR...unless they get another 1st rounder for letting Ogunleye walk...they should probably draft a WR and figure another way to get a qb prospect...Drew Henson?

phinfactor

I didn't even see your post...that's kind of eery.

Yes, I think that might be a decent move.

I cant believe nobody is talking about Matt Schaub from Virginia. hes got the size, arm, and brains. everyone talks about manning and others like they are the only legit QB's out there. i say BS!

Dinwiddie is a west coast offense type of QB. He's going to be similar to Jake Plummer, and personaly, I'm not convinced that he's that much better than former Boise State QB Bart Hendrix.

As most of you heard from Hank Goldberg, the Phinz are talking about going all out for a top flight QB this off-season....

Will that be a free agent signing {Garcia / Manning / Warner}, or will it be during the draft when we make our move???.....

The problem is that our OL is also a huge concern. What's more important???...

I'm leaning more toward the OL with our first pick in the draft this year. After that, it's the WR position that needs upgrading. WR C. Chambers is ready to go off, and with some help, he'd be great....

I think the Phinz are going to place a strong bid in for QB J. Garcia this off-season. After they land him, they go out and get a good FA WR. I. Bruce or D. Northcutt would be great upgrade over DT opposite CC....

They can then focus the draft towards OL, WR, or QB. Whichever they feel needs the most attention....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

shouldnt our GM be deciding what we go after? we dont even have a gm yet but we know were making a pitch for a top fliht qb? it sure as hell better not be warner, in fact im not sold on garcia in miami either but id risk him if we could do it for the right price... manning would be a nice dream... id really be ok with brunell, i dont want to lose draft picks to move up and get one of the highly touted QBs, we could end up with the next ryan leaf, whereas if we have two first rounders we could sit tight and enjoy Rashaun Woods and vernon carey.

this is a deep free agent class and draft class, i really hope we dont go screw it up by spending big bucks on warner or using all our picks to move up, this should be an offseason where we accumulate as much talent as possible with the money we have, rather then take a chance. Only exception is peyton

Originally posted by dreadlockera
It would take both #1 picks and alot of luck to land any of the top three QBs in the draft. Even less likely we will get a good fairly young QB via free agency. Manning would be ideal but very unlikely. Couch will stay put with the uncertainly about starter in Cleveland. Brunell, Garcia and Warner are stop gaps until we can get a young kid to take over the reigns.
Baltimore gave up this years #1 to get Suggs last year (not bad though). Wright is putting up good #s and led them back from a 21 pt deficit earlier in the year and into the playoffs almost beating a great Tenn team. He has the mobility to create havoc on D and I really get the feeling the coach loves the kid, he was 3rd on the depth charts starting the season. I dont think its impossible to trade one of our #1 picks to them for bolller, assuming Wally fetches us a #1 pick. We could then go either WR or T with the other and have a solid foundation for the future. Last years QB draft was exceptionally deep and it was 3-4 good QBs. This year is much less, 2 maybe 3. If we could get a top 5 pick most years (in Boller) for ONE #1 pick that would be the best option. Boller has great upside and perhaps is better than Rivers and below in this years draft. Perhaps better than Ben too. Most will say its impossible, but without a #1 Baltimore will feel the sting of last years trade. They may part with one of their good young QBs and Boller will fetch the pick they want before wright will.

Where do "both" of these #1 picks come from??

Re: Rivers and Losman both have upsides...

Originally posted by RHoffman
but the strength of the draft is at WR...unless they get another 1st rounder for letting Ogunleye walk...they should probably draft a WR and figure another way to get a qb prospect...Drew Henson?

That's definately the way I look at it. At #20, Lee Evans and Michael Clayton should be there. If one of the goes ahead, it should be because they leaped Rashaun Woods(who is my dream player at #20). We need to take a WR in the 1st round. If(I think so) we wind up with 2 first rounders, it would be nice to get Woods/Losman(of course getting a veteran QB or keeping Fee Fee) and bring along the line through free agency.

Another option would be trading down with your lowest pick, to the late-1st/early-2nd where you are adding picks and STILL looking at the possibility of Lee Evans. Other good receivers there would be Michael Jenkins and Braylon Edwards.

Facts are facts. Do we BADLY need a huge upgrade at receiver? FACT.

Those of you pushing for Garcia have not payed attention over the past two years. You fail to see what not having a strong armed quarterback does to this offense.

To run a play action oriented passing offense like the one Norv runs, you have to have a quarterback that can throw the ball down the field. All you guys are looking at is mobility, and that's exactly what gets you a bad quarterback.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Those of you pushing for Garcia have not payed attention over the past two years. You fail to see what not having a strong armed quarterback does to this offense.

To run a play action oriented passing offense like the one Norv runs, you have to have a quarterback that can throw the ball down the field. All you guys are looking at is mobility, and that's exactly what gets you a bad quarterback.

That is exactly why I think J.P. Losman is the perfect QB for this offense(probably not immediently).

Re: Re: Rivers and Losman both have upsides...

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

That's definately the way I look at it. At #20, Lee Evans and Michael Clayton should be there. If one of the goes ahead, it should be because they leaped Rashaun Woods(who is my dream player at #20). We need to take a WR in the 1st round. If(I think so) we wind up with 2 first rounders, it would be nice to get Woods/Losman(of course getting a veteran QB or keeping Fee Fee) and bring along the line through free agency.

Another option would be trading down with your lowest pick, to the late-1st/early-2nd where you are adding picks and STILL looking at the possibility of Lee Evans. Other good receivers there would be Michael Jenkins and Braylon Edwards.

Facts are facts. Do we BADLY need a huge upgrade at receiver? FACT.

I like getting Losman if he seems better than boller. How do you feel about Michael Jenkins in the 1st rd?

Re: Re: Re: QB option

Originally posted by dreadlockera

assuming we can get a 1 & 3 for wally.

Why not just resign Wally. We know what he brings and it would only create another hole to fill.

Back
Top Bottom