Qb Pick Now, Or Qb Pick Next Draft? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb Pick Now, Or Qb Pick Next Draft?

Tua or Fromm in 2020 will be a dolphin..

Miami I think is sincere with the all in on one of them.

Your opinion doesn’t matter. My opinion doesn’t matter. Grier and Marino’s opinion doesn’t matter. Ghandi’s opinion doesn’t matter. Flying Spaghetti Monster’s opinion doesn’t matter. All that matters is if they are elite. ELITEZZZZZZZZ

Your opinion doesn’t matter. My opinion doesn’t matter. Grier and Marino’s opinion doesn’t matter. Ghandi’s opinion doesn’t matter. Flying Spaghetti Monster’s opinion doesn’t matter. All that matters is if they are elite. ELITEZZZZZZZZ

LMFAO

Tua is already better than Haskins. Haskins is playing on an Ohio State team that has at least 10 NFL draft picks right now. It's not like the talent surrounding him is inferior to Tua's.

Haskins is better. That is a fact. Haskins had 533 attempts in 14 games. He carried the offense. Tua had 345 attempts in 15 games. Adjusted for 14 games that would be 322 attempts. That is a world of difference. Haskins simply contributed more to moving the offense and scoring, significantly more!

In addition to that, Haskins has prototypical frame you want, Tua does not.

A smaller guy who does not contribute nearly as much cannot be better. If you are smaller you have to contribute more, be special about something, in performance. And Tua is not. He is not better, on performance.

Finally, on performance, Tua is a bigger risk, he has whacky numbers. His performance is akin to Kellen Moore, Case Keenum, Derek Carr, Brandon Doughty, those types of QBs in last year in college. His performance is not akin to Luck, WIlson, Mahomes, and others who actually translated great to NFL game.

All that boils down to this. You do not suck for a QB like that, not on this year's performance.

Last edited:
Haskins is better. That is a fact. Haskins had 533 attempts in 14 games. He carried the offense. Tua had 345 attempts in 15 games. Adjusted for 14 games that would be 322 attempts. That is a world of difference. Haskins simply contributed more to moving the offense and scoring, significantly more!

A smaller guy who does not contribute nearly as much cannot be better. If you are smaller you have to contribute more, be special about something, in performance. And Tua is not. He is not better, on performance.

Finally, on performance, Tua is a bigger risk, he has whacky numbers. His performance is akin to Kellen Moore, Case Keenum, Derek Carr, Brandon Doughty, those types of QBs in last year in college. His performance is not akin to Luck, WIlson, Mahomes, and others who actually translated great to NFL game.

LOL

I hope someone saves this post for us to reflect on in a few seasons.

Perhaps there is not a decent NFL quarterback in this draft class? We have to hype one, at least, as the guy. Take away that automatic quest for who is the best and just look at the tapes. Who jumps out? Murray’s tape is great, lots of highlights and exciting running, but does it translate to an NFL guy? There are guys who look pretty good. Go with mechanics, accuracy, poise and interception numbers and you’ll get an idea. There’s always a diamond in the rough, to me it is more fun to try to see what the others are missing. I’m not sure the NFL is really good at giving the developmental guys the reps and opportunities that we think they do. Some could become elite and get buried on teams who invested heavily in their presumed starter, and that is basically every team.

Why? We are talking about today, not three years from now.

Because you said something stupid and are acting holier than thou about it. In a few years when they’re both in the NFL, we’ll know the truth of it.

I also recall you saying your opinion doesn’t matter earlier. Why does it matter now?

Because you said something stupid and are acting holier than thou about it.

That's right. I am holier than thou because I am talking performance and not opinion. Performance is not stupid, it is trivial because it is available to everyone, but not stupid.

Last edited:
That's right. I am hollier than thou because I am talking performance and not opinion. Performance is not stupid, it is trivial because it is available to everyone, but not stupid.

There is no direct correlation between college performance a d equivalent success in the NFL

There is no direct correlation between college performance a d equivalent success in the NFL

That is incorrect. There is what you call "high likelihood" direct correlation between, measurable + performance to success in the NFL. It could not be more direct.

That is incorrect. There is what you call "high likelihood" direct correlation between, measurable + performance to success in the NFL. It could not be more direct.

There is a difference between 'direct' correlation and 'close' correlation. And don't ignore "equivalent." ALL R1 picks have high performance data in college. How many have high performance data in the NFL. And if performance data were THE evaluation tool, why have a combine, or the Wonderlic, or interviews, or . . .

All that boils down to this. You do not suck for a QB like that, not on this year's performance.
Wholeheartedly disagree. Haskins looks like a pedestrian QB throwing to elite WR's behind an elite OL. Nothing special. Tua looked like the better prospect as a thrower and a better competitor. The Ohio State offense will not miss a beat without Haskins. The Alabama offense will drop a notch when it loses Tua.

That's right. I am holier than thou because I am talking performance and not opinion. Performance is not stupid, it is trivial because it is available to everyone, but not stupid.

LOL

OK, be honest, are you playing a character with this username? Because there is no way anyone is this ridiculous.

LOL

OK, be honest, are you playing a character with this username? Because there is no way anyone is this ridiculous.

No. I'm trying to tell you that performance governs, performance is holy.

Back
Top Bottom