QB spot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB spot

posmaticFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So how many people think the Dolphins are gonna go anywhere this year with the QB's they have? I think its funny how Huizenga is saying this is gonna be the year when the only offensive upgrades we have are David Boston. Boston is an amazing receiver but you cant be an amazing receiver without a half way decent QB. Feidler has no arm and Feely is a third string QB we gave up a 2nd round pick for. That just doesnt sound right to me. The Fins need a QB desperately.

boston, an improved oline imo, better qb competition, and an ofensive coordinator that will actually gameplan for each opponent. true it doesn't mean superbowl but i think we make the playoffs and win at least one game in post season this year.

we will go as far as the final version of our OL will take us

I think AJ Feeley will be a very solid QB. The Ol will also have a large impact on how well he does. If the Phinz OL is even slightly upgraded in 2004, it will make a world of difference on offense...

I think Feeley is going to surprise a lot of the doubters around the league. He's a very solid addition IMO. He's young, strong, accurate, and has very good "on the field" leadership qualities...

even if he doesn't prove to be the upgrade we were all hoping for, we've still got Fielder. We know what he brings to the table already, and I feel safe knowing he's there in emergency...

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

Boston is a reciever that can take a 5 yard pass and turn it into a 30 yard pass. Even Fielder can throw a 5 yard pass.

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
Boston is a reciever that can take a 5 yard pass and turn it into a 30 yard pass. Even Fielder can throw a 5 yard pass.

Lets not test that theory, as he may throw it behind DB thus making it a 3yd pass at best:lol: :cry:

How many of you have actually seen Feely play? or even heard of him before we picked him up? Im not afraid to admit that. Dont beleive everything every sports writer says. We were once told Fiedler was a good replacement for Dan the man. I do agree with going as far as the OL will take us. But you could have said the same thing with Brian Griese. Brian in my opinion was just as good as Fiedler and with a good OL not getting him sacked every other play he would have made a world of difference. He threw 3 TD passes in his first start. I think its rediculous to even think AJ can make a difference when we havent even seen him play.

Originally posted by posmaticFinFan
How many of you have actually seen Feely play? or even heard of him before we picked him up? Im not afraid to admit that. Dont beleive everything every sports writer says. We were once told Fiedler was a good replacement for Dan the man. I do agree with going as far as the OL will take us. But you could have said the same thing with Brian Griese. Brian in my opinion was just as good as Fiedler and with a good OL not getting him sacked every other play he would have made a world of difference. He threw 3 TD passes in his first start. I think its rediculous to even think AJ can make a difference when we havent even seen him play.

Who said Fielder was a good replacement for dan the man? I read a cheap replacement, but good i never read.

I heard of Feeley, I was impressed with his play. I wanted Miami to get him last year.

If you base your opinion on facts, there is little to be optimistic about. The fans who feel like Feeley is "the guy" are basing it on nothing but the hype the team is printing.

The OLine some feel is better. One positon is better, and that is James. Other than that we are still missing half a starting line. So I am not sure how much better we are.

Boston was a stud pick. Great move and should help.

What we draft and what we do late in the offseason for depth and aquisitions will make the difference.

But the quality will have to come from the running game. I do not believe we have an NFL caliber QB on the roster.

well put fin-atic. We dont have an NFL calibre QB and thats that. AJ Feely could be our guy with time, but i dont beleive a 2nd round draft pick for a 3rd stringer was a good deal. Damn the Eagles have been making out like bandits...

well put fin-atic. We dont have an NFL calibre QB and thats that. AJ Feely could be our guy with time, but i dont beleive a 2nd round draft pick for a 3rd stringer was a good deal. Damn the Eagles have been making out like bandits...

I have to disagree. They totally overpaid for Kearse

How many of you have actually seen Feely play? or even heard of him before we picked him up?

I have.... I saw him play all the games he started. Living in south Jersey (Eagles country), I have the dubious honor of seeing ALL the Eagles games.
He looked very good on those few games he started. I see no reason why we shouldn't give him a shot.

I think its rediculous to even think AJ can make a difference when we havent even seen him play.

...and so, wouldn't it follow to think it ridiculous to condemn him before you've seen him play?

I'm not saying he's going to definately be the answer.... and agree that it shouldn't be said he is until he plays. But that works both ways... until he plays, we can't say he WON'T be the answer either.

Back
Top Bottom