QB spot | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB spot

Originally posted by LarryFinFan
De, the fact that we were out of the p/os sooner has to do with other teams in the AFC, not how we compared to our division...with that record in the NFC, we would have been in the P/o's.

But, I don't disagree with your thought....we have not gotten better and it does seem as tho we are just treading water..the "killer" instinct is definitely missing...

Ricky has not been wasted, afterall he led the NFL in rushing in 2002, and was in the top ten in 2003, despite having a worse OL last year. That says volumes about Ricky, not DW though.

In DWs defense, he has not had the horses at OL, which limited the QBs effectiveness. Better QBs would have been able to get around that somewhat, but not JF. We have a younger, more athletic OL shaping up, not done yet of course. We have a younger, more athletic QB with greater upside than JF. We have a compliment to CC, RM, and RK in the receiving corps. The defense has been reinforced in the backfield (which was a weakness last year). And we still have the draft and the remaining FA period. We have a better receivers coach and our OC has had tutilege (sp ?) under one of the better OC in the game. Now, IF DW can lead this group of players and coaches, we could go farther than we have the last two years.

I would love to see us in the big game next year, but realize that may be asking too much...what I'd like to see is this team be consistent and beat the teams we should beat. How many times have we played a good team tough, and then lose it in the 4th quarter ?? Or, we win a big game and then come out the next week against a lesser opponent and stink the joint up ?? We just have to wait and see if DW is the man that can do that...he has not so far...

I feel ya! When I said Ricky was "wasted", I was simply saying that even tho he was the nFL leader, we STILL didn't make the P/Os, etc. Only other thing that worries me is all the extra pounding Ricky took LY, pretty much all for naught. :cry: :cry:

Amen...way too many carries...but with DBo here, we should see the number of carries decrease. I want Ricky to pound it out in the 4th quarter to the tune of about 45-55 yrds..that would mean we are justa coastin' as Wayne says....

Originally posted by inFINSible
What, are you trying to take on everybody in the thread???:tongue: ;)

You know what I mean DeDolfan.

I'd rather him DO it too, but even if he doesn't get it done, I don't want to hear,

"Oh, golly gee, we just aren't any good....At this point we're just incapable of anything. From the standpoint of winning, he//, I just hope we win at least one game this year.....I mean, from a coaching standpoint,we're weak and from a blocking standpoint, we have big question marks with the o-line. From the QB standpoint, I'm not really sure what's going on there, and from a defensive standpoint, we're getting old fast.. ...Looking at it from the standpoint of the fans, we're going to suck, so I'm glad I don't have to watch with them.....I'll just weather the storm and hope I get fired at the end of the season, from that standpoint, it's all good.......

By the way, don't forget to buy your season tickets!"

:rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah, just the Wanny huggers !! :cool: :cool:
Simply amazing........

"We're closer than you think"...... closer to what? Do som'n about it!! duuuuuh

"OL is out biggest priority heading into the off season"... [from LY]
What did he do about it???? Hmmmmmmmm

"We'll have one of the best passing games in the league" ..........[also from LY] Yup, we sure did didn't we???

InFins, need I go on? All these Wanny quotes are meaningless. Words without action are just words. Nobody expects him to say," Well, golly, gee whiz, I just don't know!". Altho, for what all he has done, he may as well have. When one makes comments like these, you would expect some sort of action towards these "goals", yes ? Personally, if he can not deliver, I'd rather him not say anything at all.

BTW, i have my season tix. Four of them, to be exact! Got your's?

:moon: :D

Who you callin' a Wanny hugger??? Thems fightin' words varmint!

Look we just have a different view on this, that's all....I want him to have complete confidence in what he's doing and I want to hear it.

You want him to prove it first.....which is odd, because you can't prove something before you actually say it...but, whatever...you want him to keep his mouth shut until the results are in, right?

Not sure how a mute coach is going to work out, I can't think of any for comparison but, the beauty of your plan is, he's got nothing to apologize for, if we suck......If he makes no promises, then he can't be held responsible for not coming through.

It's genius actually...

It'll probably do wonders for his job security....:D

Who you callin' a Wanny hugger??? Thems fightin' words varmint!

Look we just have a different view on this, that's all....I want him to have complete confidence in what he's doing and I want to hear it.

You want him to prove it first.....which is odd, because you can't prove something before you actually say it...but, whatever...you want him to keep his mouth shut until the results are in, right?

Not sure how a mute coach is going to work out, I can't think of any for comparison but, the beauty of your plan is, he's got nothing to apologize for, if we suck......If he makes no promises, then he can't be held responsible for not coming through.

It's genius actually...

It'll probably do wonders for his job security....:D

:D :D I knew that would gitcha all riled up 'n such !!! :lol: :lol:

No, what I want him to do is to make progress towards what his comments are eluding to. In other words, if oL is a priority, go out and make it happen....do som'n. Unless Wanny has this magic wand to wave around, doing nothing ain't getting it done. But what sucks is being stuck on this plateau for years now hanging over the edge holding on by our fingernails. But what he says is what you'd expect from a 1st yr coach. All full of optimism, good, gets the players right and the fans som'n to look forward to. Now look, the 5 yr afterwards, same old speech, same old same old.

Kinda of tiring, ain't it? ;)

Sure it's tiring but, I want him to keep saying it until he gets it right. I don't want him to back down now.

Sure it's tiring but, I want him to keep saying it until he gets it right. I don't want him to back down now.

Backing down?? From what/where?? :D

Wanny issues are this, he held down 2 posiotions teh last 4 years, Gm and coach. Was our offensive woes coaching problem or personnel? I think that Wanny is a decent coach but a horrible judge of offensive talent. He thought our o-line was fine, that Thompson was a good receiver and Jay was a top qb. It was not that he had bad coaches or bad gameplans, it to me was a lack of personnel to get it done.

Enter RS as Gm making decisions on teh personnel, so now that improves, the gameplan should work and be consistent and less predictable. If not then he is out of excuses and out of a job.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Wanny issues are this, he held down 2 posiotions teh last 4 years, Gm and coach. Was our offensive woes coaching problem or personnel? I think that Wanny is a decent coach but a horrible judge of offensive talent. He thought our o-line was fine, that Thompson was a good receiver and Jay was a top qb. It was not that he had bad coaches or bad gameplans, it to me was a lack of personnel to get it done.

Enter RS as Gm making decisions on teh personnel, so now that improves, the gameplan should work and be consistent and less predictable. If not then he is out of excuses and out of a job.
:up: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom