QBR Data Charts: Tannehill in "Bell Curve" group along w/ Palmer/Dalton | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QBR Data Charts: Tannehill in "Bell Curve" group along w/ Palmer/Dalton

Who's to say I was talking about you?

J/K I was. You know what they say, "If the shou fits... "

Any nimrod can work up [STRIKE]lies[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]damned lies[/STRIKE] statistics to fit their argument or agenda. Go pick up a book (or ten) on football "stuff" and peel yourself off the floor from the numerical vomit.

No book is going to compare defensive stands between NFL team over the last 3 years. And I don't like being insulted in a backhanded way.

This thread has become a mental masturbatory circle jerk. It really doesn't matter how one chooses to parse, emphasize or highlight particular statistics because:

a) there will never be sufficient majorty agreement to reach anything reflecting an official FH consensus of opinion, and more importantly,

b) no matter whatever you think of Tannehill (and I believe his only 4th year trending arrow is pointing way up), Hickey, Tannenbum and most importantly Ross (since he retained Philbin based on his perception of how RT17 is developing}, believe he's the RX for success going forward.

And that's that.

"b" literally means nothing in terms of how someone should feel about Tannehill. Practically all those guys are railed on by the majority of this site for their decision making. So what does that say about Tanny? I'm already expecting your response that even a clock is right twice a day.

Statistics.... All of them the whole body is in fact the BEST way to evaluate a player . There a statistics for statistics . Wins losses , statistics for certain situations , statistics on how many times a guy took up a block so that someone else can go make a tackle (statistic) . If you don't believe In statistics you don't believe in facts and in turn are a VERY stupid person. Now , skewed statistics for a certain agenda is a WHOLE other thing .

"b" literally means nothing in terms of how someone should feel about Tannehill. Practically all those guys are railed on by the majority of this site for their decision making. So what does that say about Tanny? I'm already expecting your response that even a clock is right twice a day.

Would I ride with the opinion of someone whose foresight defied popular opinion and rightfully confounded the judgement of FH's armchair gurus by seeing James as the appropriate first selection and who steals Landry deep in the 2nd round over a gaggle of Pavlovian agendists including those stubbornly and desperately clinging to illusions that QB chokers and turnover kings are bellweathers by which to compare Tannehill against?? Or Philbin apologists looking to deflect through blame-gaming?

The answer to that is "hell yes!".

I understand that its serious evaluative business to sit 1000 miles away with remote in hand.. ..hitting "rewind" relentlessly to develop these expert opinions, eh? But despite shock and dismay; their opinions mean **** to the movers of the franchise (no matter how they're thought of which is another discussion completely). Sure they can register their protest by stopping their semiannual one home game pilgrimage if that or purchase of any more Chinese jersey ripoffs, - or even follow another team..... but once Tannehill gets extended the die is cast and for all intents and purposes what they have to show for it is the the residue of cyber "protein" from all those Arbitrary Anthonys “feel good“ collaborative circle jerks.

A little tid bid about the great Seattle defense

Scott Kacsmar via twitter is saying that in addition to RW3's 15 game winning drives there have been another 6 where he has given the Hawks the lead and the great Seattle defense has surrendered the lead and they have lost the game.

6 times in 3 years the Seattle defense has failed. Miami's defense has failed in that same situation 7 times over the same period.

But yeah its all the defense and ours is just terrible.

Not enough context to evaluate this. On the surface, it looks like the Seattle defense was successful on 15 of 21 chances to preserve a lead. How many chances did the Dolphins defense get? 7?

A little further research shows that nearly ALL of the the failures to hold 4th leads were from 3 years ago, BEFORE they were good enough to win SBs.

This is from an article at the end of the 2013 season:

Seattle blew fourth-quarter leads seven times last season, including the crushing loss in the playoffs at Atlanta. This season, with a more experienced group, the Seahawks had surrendered only one lead — in a loss at Indianapolis.

The 49ers became the second team to pull that off, eating up nearly six minutes on their key drive in the fourth quarter before kicking a 22-yard field goal for a 19-17 win.

“It’s just a learning experience,” safety Earl Thomas said. “You learn from it and you grow. ... This is a good experience for us.”

Entering Sunday’s game, the Seahawks’ defense had given up just one touchdown and three field goals in 18 fourth-quarter possessions with the score closer than 10 points.

Then there is this from this past season:

Last 8 games, TOTAL 4th quarter points allowed:

Seahawks - 13

The two seasons where they make it to the SB, the defense was dominant.

Please stop the nonsense. Any attempt to equate the two defenses is laughable. The 2 QBs, OTOH, compare quite well, statistically, with Tannehill having the edge in some categories and Wilson in others.

No book is going to compare defensive stands between NFL team over the last 3 years. And I don't like being insulted in a backhanded way.

Perhaps you should re-look and the last TWO years. I don't like BS stats when trying to make a point.

Not enough context to evaluate this. On the surface, it looks like the Seattle defense was successful on 15 of 21 chances to preserve a lead. How many chances did the Dolphins defense get? 7?

No Seattle wasn't successful on 15 of 21 on defense. 3 of those comeback wins were in OT with TD being scored on first drive and the defense never having to take the field. I also know the fail marry win over Green Bay was last second and the defense didn't have to preserve the comeback. So that is at least 4 that can be taken out of the total. I was going to do a detailed comparison of both defense's in a seperate thread to come.

Without completing the comparison I think our defense was around 9 for 16 in these situations while Seattle would be around 11 for 17 unless there are more last second wins to take out. I will provide full detail when I do the comaprison thread so that you will have all the details.

Perhaps you should re-look and the last TWO years. I don't like BS stats when trying to make a point.

Why 2 years? Both QB's have been with the teams for 3 years. Its a comparison of what they had going on the other side of the ball.

No Seattle wasn't successful on 15 of 21 on defense. 3 of those comeback wins were in OT with TD being scored on first drive and the defense never having to take the field. I also know the fail marry win over Green Bay was last second and the defense didn't have to preserve the comeback. So that is at least 4 that can be taken out of the total. I was going to do a detailed comparison of both defense's in a seperate thread to come.

Without completing the comparison I think our defense was around 9 for 16 in these situations while Seattle would be around 11 for 17 unless there are more last second wins to take out. I will provide full detail when I do the comaprison thread so that you will have all the details.

Kindly restrict your comparison to the last two seasons, or at least break it down by season. Lumping the three together is meaningless since they only made the SB in the last two.

A little tid bid about the great Seattle defense

Scott Kacsmar via twitter is saying that in addition to RW3's 15 game winning drives there have been another 6 where he has given the Hawks the lead and the great Seattle defense has surrendered the lead and they have lost the game.

6 times in 3 years the Seattle defense has failed. Miami's defense has failed in that same situation 7 times over the same period.

But yeah its all the defense and ours is just terrible.
You cant use that all by itself... Seattle led the NFL in scoring D allowing 15.9 points per game, while the Fins where 20th allowing 23.3... Thats a full converted TD per game. Nevermind when the points are being scored, when you only need to score 17 on average to win games, its hard to **** on the D for not protecting leads...

I wasn't really comparing the overall defense of Seattle and Miami. Sorry if my post came off that way. Obviously Seattle's is better as evidenced by the points per game allowed that you posted. Was trying to compare those last chance drives where the defense can win the game with one stand. At that point in a game the points allowed previously has nothing to do with the defense stopping the other team and winning the game. But I do think that the points per game allowed effects the number of these situations that arrise over a course of time. Since Seattles defense allows less points they are in more close games and it give them more opportunities. But they still have to make the play to end the drive.

I wasn't really comparing the overall defense of Seattle and Miami. Sorry if my post came off that way. Obviously Seattle's is better as evidenced by the points per game allowed that you posted. Was trying to compare those last chance drives where the defense can win the game with one stand. At that point in a game the points allowed previously has nothing to do with the defense stopping the other team and winning the game. But I do think that the points per game allowed effects the number of these situations that arrise over a course of time. Since Seattles defense allows less points they are in more close games and it give them more opportunities. But they still have to make the play to end the drive.
Thats the point I was making. If you're going to use that stat alone, I think you'd need single game examples to make your point. Take a D that does protect a 34-27 lead at the end of a game compared to say a D that protects a 16-9 lead... Using your stat alone, both Ds are equal, which is kind of misleading IMO

Understood. I'll include game scores when I do the analysis. I can also do each year separately as previously suggested by another. Thanks for the feed back.

Back
Top Bottom