Qb's We Could Have Pursued | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb's We Could Have Pursued

Which QB?

• Total voters

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
This offseason was the time to replace a QB. There were many available. Granted, there would have been a price, but it is THE most important position on the field. I have great respect for the Jets here. They signed Bridgewater and drafted Darnold. Of all of the ones probably available for the right price, check all of the ones you would rather have had on the roster right now fighting for the starting spot. You can check one, two or as many as you like. This means you would have been okay paying the price to get them. Oh, and the poll only let me put 10 down. I couldn't include Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor,Rudolph or drafting Falk and having him in camp from the beginning. Feel free to add them or any others in the comments.

Not sure what this proves. Baring injury we have 11 games on Tannehill on the horizon just embrace it.

Not sure what this proves. Baring injury we have 11 games on Tannehill on the horizon just embrace it.

Yea I mean I agree with this. We got 11 more games at minimum if the guy stays healthy . . . .we need definitive stuff from Ryan as bad as many want to cut bait now.

If it gets bad, let it get real bad.

Did anyone relook at that deflected pick 6 ?
Yes a sack would have been preferable but those D linemen were in the back field in an instant
If thats the norm for obvious pass plays as it was when Tunsil went out then it will not make any difference who is back there

Yea I mean I agree with this. We got 11 more games at minimum if the guy stays healthy . . . .we need definitive stuff from Ryan as bad as many want to cut bait now.

If it gets bad, let it get real bad.
It won't. We've seen this movie a hundred times before. They'll frustrate you with bad losses, and surprise you with wins they shouldnt pull out (falcons last year, Pats at home).

8-8

Once again, Tannehill won't be cut now and he won't be cut after the season is over either thanks to the dumb contract they gave him. Over 13mill on dead money if he's cut to go along with the over 13mill on dead money we'll be paying Suh Of course Tanny will be here in 2019 making over 26mill. If we bench him he'll be the highest paid back up in the history of the NFL. Our FO has done it again. Ross needs to get rid of everyone but of course he won't. He knows this is good for his NY Jets.

It won't. We've seen this movie a hundred times before. They'll frustrate you with bad losses, and surprise you with wins they shouldnt pull out (falcons last year, Pats at home).

8-8

Yep . . . .the worst thing you can be in the NFL is average. Its is like an endless pit of mediocrity, which is magnified when u do things like restructure big contracts to bring in more mediocrity and donate 10 million to bring in retired quarterbacks.

If we just would have been awful in 2017, u walk away with a QB in 2018 and then u have Ryan on a cuttable contract next year and likely you energize the fanbase by bringing in your young talent at some point this year.

No, not only do we not NOT have the chance to draft that young QB, we double down on a guy who hasn’t taken a snap since 2016 by restrucuring his deal LOL

We really are the lolphins.

Cutting Tannehill now would be the dumbest move in the history of football. Seriously, I think the offensive line sucks but I think lots of them do. Tannehill has to make plays anyway or at the very least not make catastrophic plays when it breaks down. However we don't have a QB who is any better on the roster and changing to a ham and egger like Borck or Fales would wreak havoc on the veterans,

The only realistic QB on that list I suggest to "go get" was Bridgewater (as a backup).

Mayfield, Darnold and Allen were unobtainable given the amount of compensation needed to move up to get them and frankly in my opinion not worth it. The rest of those QBs give you no better a chance then what you have. Cousins is 28-32-2 as a starter and you give him top QB money????? WTF? Foles was benched for a 1st round draft pick because he sucked. Kennum and Bradford are just trash.

I'v said this time and time and time again........if you are going to replace Tannehill at least go after an "elite" prospect in the draft and not some average starter.

Marino wasn't fast but he was quick. Ryan is fast but not quick. How about we draft a quick-twitcher that can make a pass rusher miss. Maybe his mind will be quick too.

And if doesn't workout, keep drafting them. It shouldn't take 7 years or longer to figure it out.

You forgot to go back the past four years.

We needed to be drafting and developing a QB to be ready if and when either RT gets hurt or fails. This isn’t a new problem nor is it limited to just this past offseason.

You have to be realistic. That list is a 20/20 hindsight. Some of these QBs were never availabe to us. i.e. There was no way for us to move up to #1 to get Mayfield nor would the Browns be willing to part with their #1 pick. It would have been much easier to get Mahomes in 2017. KC traded 17 spots up to get that pick from Buffalo. Buffalo would not have traded with us. So our option would have been to move up to 9 and trade with the Bengals which could have been possible. But that too is hindsight. Tannehill just got injured the season before and everybody was thinking he finally got it before his injury. Most of Dolphins nation drank the cool aid.

Looking back is never a good thing because you are not dealing with the facts you had at that time. Our real problem is that we reworked and extended a player who came back from an ACL just to make up for other screw ups in the salary cap. Where is Dawn Aponte when you need her.

I don’t care about QBs on other teams. It’s a done deal. It’s like still complaining about Brees almost 15 years ago. Need to be looking at future QBs coming out.

Back
Top Bottom