Question for those of you who are anti-Harbaugh | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for those of you who are anti-Harbaugh

This talk that Harbaugh is hard to get along with is overstated. Jim is a highly competitive guy that gets results. Those saying they don't want him will be all over his jock if the Dolphins hire him. The chances are increasing that the Dolphins are a player in the Harbaugh sweepstakes. I think it will come down to either Michigan or Miami, both of whom will do what they have to to hire him.

Just cannot see him going back to college and having to recruit again. I also don't see the Raiders, and that messed up franchise. Miami has a lot of positives and I'm really hoping Ross can get it done. If he fails this time, especially with his relationship with Harbaugh, then he needs to hang it up and sell the team.

I have a 12 page thread I started last week saying we should get Todd Bowles. I think he's great but not greater than Harbaugh. Theory is different from Real Life Experience. Bowles knows how to do it but has not actually done it (unless of course you count the 3 games he coached us), Harbaugh has actually done it. No more learning on the job if we can avoid it.

Hey, Tony Sparano's going to be available, too. He took the Dolphins to the playoffs. Maybe we should hire him again.

Harbaugh, within five years has built up the Niners and torn them back down. He got to a Super Bowl and lost. Reports are he loves the West Coast, where his wife is from and his kids from his previous marriage live. There are plenty of reasons to give pause before saying "let's just throw a ton of money at this guy." You need to vet ALL your best candidates. It isn't fool-proof, but doing your due diligence increases the chance of success. You might hit the target firing blindly, but you have a better chance by looking and taking aim.

Just cannot see him going back to college and having to recruit again. I also don't see the Raiders, and that messed up franchise. Miami has a lot of positives and I'm really hoping Ross can get it done. If he fails this time, especially with his relationship with Harbaugh, then he needs to hang it up and sell the team.
Jim doesn't mind recruiting and Michigan is his dream job. But he also wants to win at the highest level so there is a good chance he will stay in the NFL. Now that the 49ers are eliminated, Michigan is hoping they can get an idea of what he wants to do before Christmas. I think that's a reasonable time frame because Jim won't leave Michigan hanging.

Hey, Tony Sparano's going to be available, too. He took the Dolphins to the playoffs. Maybe we should hire him again.

Harbaugh, within five years has built up the Niners and torn them back down. He got to a Super Bowl and lost. Reports are he loves the West Coast, where his wife is from and his kids from his previous marriage live. There are plenty of reasons to give pause before saying "let's just throw a ton of money at this guy." You need to vet ALL your best candidates. It isn't fool-proof, but doing your due diligence increases the chance of success. You might hit the target firing blindly, but you have a better chance by looking and taking aim.

And who is YOUR choice?

Harbaugh has been to 3 NFC title games and a Superbowl, yet the players, management, and owners all hate him. Harbaugh is the cancer for that team. Not sure i would want him here. Now, I would take Rex as our DC and Gus Malzahn as the new HC with Lazor still the OC. I could get on board with that line up.
Haha, it's nice to dream isn't it

Trust me. His wife wanting to stay in the Bay Area is not a factor in what he is going to do.

Jim doesn't mind recruiting and Michigan is his dream job. But he also wants to win at the highest level so there is a good chance he will stay in the NFL. Now that the 49ers are eliminated, Michigan is hoping they can get an idea of what he wants to do before Christmas. I think that's a reasonable time frame because Jim won't leave Michigan hanging.

I hope you're right. My read on it is that some guys are college guys, like Saban and Spurrier, and some guys just aren't. I just cannot see Harbaugh yucking it up with the alums, recruiting moms and moving his family to that cold climate. He just doesn't seem like the type, but I was wrong about Saban. I guess it's the big fish small pond thing. If that's the case then he SHOULD go back to his alma mater.

Tore them back down? With one .500 season? Alrighty then. 49ers had some major injuries on defense this year as well. But hey, only Joe gets that pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tore them back down? With one .500 season? Alrighty then. 49ers had some major injuries on defense this year as well. But hey, only Joe gets that pass.

Yep. Tore them back down. The Niners are going in the opposite direction. They have been regressing for a season and a half.

And I have no idea why you would direct giving Philbin a pass to me. I've probably been among his harshest critics. Even when we were playing well, I said we needed to consider changing course at the end of the year because the same mistakes were holding us back.

My alternative preferred choice is still the Scarecrow. It'll show more emotion than Philbin. So Harbaugh option 1 and then the scarecrow.

Exactly. It's still 3/4 years and we are still 0/4 in the same time. Some people are just mismatchers--they cannot come up with an original thought or contribute anything meaningful to the conversation so they tear down everyone else and then bring up tony Sparano. Those of us who are long-suffering (that means at least 20+years) Miami Dolphin fans understand what a great coach can do for a franchise. Harbaugh is the coach we need.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Yep. Tore them back down. The Niners are going in the opposite direction. They have been regressing for a season and a half.

And I have no idea why you would direct giving Philbin a pass to me. I've probably been among his harshest critics. Even when we were playing well, I said we needed to consider changing course at the end of the year because the same mistakes were holding us back.

And again who is your choice?

Trust me. His wife wanting to stay in the Bay Area is not a factor in what he is going to do.

Again, not just his wife, but he has a lot of family there, including kids. I guess we'll see, but the danger is that if he comes to Miami and things don't go well quickly, you have a chance at another Saban situation. Harbaugh is going to have opportunities, maybe even to go back to Stanford or to Cal. I think his style fits better at the college level. He's always going to be in demand, and there might be too many things that keep him from ever leading the Dolphins to the top.

Exactly. It's still 3/4 years and we are still 0/4 in the same time. Some people are just mismatchers--they cannot come up with an original thought or contribute anything meaningful to the conversation so they tear down everyone else and then bring up tony Sparano. Those of us who are long-suffering (that means at least 20+years) Miami Dolphin fans understand what a great coach can do for a franchise. Harbaugh is the coach we need.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

And again who is your choice?

Well, I've been a fan since 1970, so I don't know how long I have to be a fan to meet your criteria of long-suffering.

Right now, Bowles is the guy I like. But I've written several times that we have to have a good team to identify the next coach. Bowles and Harbaugh might not even want this. I want us to get the best coach, not the owner's cousin's friend or the fan favorite. I want the guy that takes this franchise back where it needs to go. I want whoever the best guy interested in this job is.

Again, not just his wife, but he has a lot of family there, including kids. I guess we'll see, but the danger is that if he comes to Miami and things don't go well quickly, you have a chance at another Saban situation. Harbaugh is going to have opportunities, maybe even to go back to Stanford or to Cal. I think his style fits better at the college level. He's always going to be in demand, and there might be too many things that keep him from ever leading the Dolphins to the top.

Any way you look at it college is a step back for him. If he wants to be the big fish in the small pond then he should go back to his alma mater. If he's still got the fire and wants to compete for a world championship, which has escaped him to this point, then college will not put the fire out. I will never blame a man who does what is in the best interest of himself and his family. I just don't see it.

This talk that Harbaugh is hard to get along with is overstated. Jim is a highly competitive guy that gets results. Those saying they don't want him will be all over his jock if the Dolphins hire him. The chances are increasing that the Dolphins are a player in the Harbaugh sweepstakes. I think it will come down to either Michigan or Miami, both of whom will do what they have to to hire him.

Oh, I be Hickey would have a big problem with Harbaugh. It might take a half season, but harbaugh wants to control everything does he not?

Back
Top Bottom