Question for those of you who are anti-Harbaugh | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for those of you who are anti-Harbaugh

Any way you look at it college is a step back for him. If he wants to be the big fish in the small pond then he should go back to his alma mater. If he's still got the fire and wants to compete for a world championship, which has escaped him to this point, then college will not put the fire out. I will never blame a man who does what is in the best interest of himself and his family. I just don't see it.

So you know Jim Harbaugh and what goes on in his mind?

Like I said somewhere else: Remember Nick Saban.

Yep. Tore them back down. The Niners are going in the opposite direction. They have been regressing for a season and a half.

And I have no idea why you would direct giving Philbin a pass to me. I've probably been among his harshest critics. Even when we were playing well, I said we needed to consider changing course at the end of the year because the same mistakes were holding us back.

A season and a half? They were a Kaepernick underthrow away from being in the Super Bowl again last year. I'll take the Harbaugh form of regression over 14 years of garbage and dreaming of wild card berths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I've been a fan since 1970, so I don't know how long I have to be a fan to meet your criteria of long-suffering.

Right now, Bowles is the guy I like. But I've written several times that we have to have a good team to identify the next coach. Bowles and Harbaugh might not even want this. I want us to get the best coach, not the owner's cousin's friend or the fan favorite. I want the guy that takes this franchise back where it needs to go. I want whoever the best guy interested in this job is.

So you qualify! I guarantee you that Bowles would be here in a minute if he was asked. He really wanted it the last time. Ross will go all in on Harbaugh no doubt in my mind. We will see how much influence he has and if his money matters. Bowles, especially if he kept Lazor, would be a great fall back.

Any way you look at it college is a step back for him. If he wants to be the big fish in the small pond then he should go back to his alma mater. If he's still got the fire and wants to compete for a world championship, which has escaped him to this point, then college will not put the fire out. I will never blame a man who does what is in the best interest of himself and his family. I just don't see it.

Difference between him and Saban is Harbaugh has proven he can compete in the big boys league. And it's probably because he played in the big boys league. Saban was a pro level failure and ran away from the challenge. Big difference.

Again, not just his wife, but he has a lot of family there, including kids. I guess we'll see, but the danger is that if he comes to Miami and things don't go well quickly, you have a chance at another Saban situation. Harbaugh is going to have opportunities, maybe even to go back to Stanford or to Cal. I think his style fits better at the college level. He's always going to be in demand, and there might be too many things that keep him from ever leading the Dolphins to the top.
The only college job he'll consider is Michigan. It's their or the NFL.

A season and a half? They were a Kaepernick underthrow away from being in the Super Bowl again last year. I'll take the Harbaugh form of regression over 14 years of garbage and dreaming of wild card berths.

And the year before they were division champions and almost won the Super Bowl. This year they are in third place and on the verge of missing the playoffs. That's going backwards.

Difference between him and Saban is Harbaugh has proven he can compete in the big boys league. And it's probably because he played in the big boys league. Saban was a pro level failure and ran away from the challenge. Big difference.

Unless you are Jim Harbaugh I don't see how you can know what Jim Harbaugh thinks. He turned this job down once before. It just seems like you are projecting your goals and dreams onto Jim Harbaugh. This guy could have come here before and could have become the head coach at his college alma mater. He did neither. While I won't go so far as to say he wouldn't come here, I'll trust what I've seen until he shows otherwise.

Unless you are Jim Harbaugh I don't see how you can know what Jim Harbaugh thinks. He turned this job down once before. It just seems like you are projecting your goals and dreams onto Jim Harbaugh. This guy could have come here before and could have become the head coach at his college alma mater. He did neither. While I won't go so far as to say he wouldn't come here, I'll trust what I've seen until he shows otherwise.
You need to stop PC. He was never offered the Michigan job.

I don't know if Jim Harbaugh will come to Miami. But if Miami wants a winner, the first attempt should be to lure in Jim Harbaugh without question.

People here want to argue a Super Bowl and one play from a Super Bowl is regression. Lol. Sorry, but I think 14 years of mediocrity has warped perspective around here.

Some fans deserve Joe again for another round of the .500 club.

It would take a lot to happen to get Harbaugh here. There's no certainty he even leaves San Fran, maybe his sit down with management changes things. All I can do is hope for the best.

No one knows what he thinks. He probably doesn't know what he thinks right now. When he took the Niner job they were loaded and we were a total mess. Ross tried a hail mary and it didn't work. Then is then now is now. I'm just saying he doesn't seem like a college guy to me. That's it. No need to get pissy about it. Just my opinion.

You need to stop PC. He was never offered the Michigan job.

I didn't say he was offered the Michigan job. If he had any interest in it Michigan would have given it to him, though. They only are only going on their third head coach now since Harbaugh began to to make his mark. He SHOULD have been a natural fit there.

No one knows what he thinks. He probably doesn't know what he thinks right now. When he took the Niner job they were loaded and we were a total mess. Ross tried a hail mary and it didn't work. Then is then now is now. I'm just saying he doesn't seem like a college guy to me. That's it. No need to get pissy about it. Just my opinion.

I'm not getting like that about it. Sorry if it came off that way. I'm just saying I think his style might work better at college and I wonder if at some point he doesn't come to the same conclusion. The fact remains, though, that he had a choice between the Dolphins and the Niners when the Niners probably were the bigger mess, and he chose the Niners. We don't know what Harbaugh is thinking, but, just like Philbin's track record with the Dolphins, we do have a track record on Harbaugh that could indicate whether or not he would even want to come to Miami, let alone want to see this job through.

I don't know if Jim Harbaugh will come to Miami. But if Miami wants a winner, the first attempt should be to lure in Jim Harbaugh without question.

People here want to argue a Super Bowl and one play from a Super Bowl is regression. Lol. Sorry, but I think 14 years of mediocrity has warped perspective around here.

Some fans deserve Joe again for another round of the .500 club.

It would take a lot to happen to get Harbaugh here. There's no certainty he even leaves San Fran, maybe his sit down with management changes things. All I can do is hope for the best.

I think the first attempt should be to get the best guy. If that turns out to be Harbaugh, so be it. But it seems to me that a lot of people just want it to be Harbaugh. It's not even a Dolphins' issue anymore. It's wanting it to be "their guy," so to speak. And it's the same with fans who have other favorites and fans (the few that are left) that want to keep Philbin.

I didn't say he was offered the Michigan job. If he had any interest in it Michigan would have given it to him, though. They only are only going on their third head coach now since Harbaugh began to to make his mark. He SHOULD have been a natural fit there.
He was interested in Michigan but the interest was not mutual. Dave Brandon was a member of the Lloyd Carr faction and at that time Lloyd wouldn't allow Brandon to explore it. Lloyd was still pissed that Jim called out the football program for lowering its academic standards while Lloyd was coach. It's only in the last couple of weeks that Carr declared he was staying out of the current search and endorsed Jim as a candidate for the job.

I don't like Harbaugh. I like his brother in Baltimore Better. I'll take the Cardinals Defensive Coordinator.....or anyone on that team really. They can win without a QB...

Back
Top Bottom