Questions I Still Have for Jonathan Martin | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Questions I Still Have for Jonathan Martin

Let's Answer These Questions

Questions I Still Have for Jonathan Martin
1. What date did he receive these text messages and voice mail? Are they recent or something from awhile back.

April.

2. If they are from awhile ago, what possessed him to keep them for a later date and not immediately report the communication?

No answer because Martin will not go on the record.

3. When did Martin specifically go to management about the alleged bullying?

Seems like a week after spiking his tray at lunch he finally mentioned being picked on.

4. Why did the simple prank of players getting up from a lunch table and moving to another so as not to sit with Martin set him over the edge and make these workplace hostility complaints?

No answer.

5. Does Martin have mental disorders?

No answer. My guess is yes. If he has a mental issue this can go under NFI under the CBA...he makes it about bullying and workplace safety, he can get paid.

6. How much does him getting replaced at LT go into his frustration of all that has transpired?

A question that MUST be asked

7. Was Jonathan Martin involved in hazing of other players?

Yes

8. What is Martin's endgame? Does he expect to return and under what circumstances?

What I am waiting on right now. Incognito is gone, get back to work. I bet we do not see him.

*** The focus is no on Incognito and what he did and that is appropriate. Incognito might have done some mean-spirited things. Soon, it will shift to what Joe Philbin, Jeff Ireland and Dawn Aponte knew and what they did/didn't do.

However, it is fair to ask questions of Martin and his conduct through this entire episode.

I still have issues with Jonathan Martin. How does the lunchroom prank spiral into this major news story? I am not going to lie: I am so disappointed this has turned into a distraction for a team trying to find its way in the league. There were many other ways Martin could have handled this and he chose not to. I hope Martin understands how he elected to handle this might have costed the jobs of a slew of people within the organization. As a player, I would not want him back into the locker room. I would trust him as far as I could throw Sun Life Stadium. All of those players saying last week they would welcome him back I bet will not be making those comments anymore...and if they do, it is not honest.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

If the media has any berries they will ask the tough questions of Martin because it still does not pass the smell test.

Charmin Martin is soft as ****, I don't want that big ***** on this team, hell he shouldn't be on any NFL roster if the big softy can't handle his business like a man.

What I find crazy is lots of people here calling Cogs a bad human but his teammates, so far after practice today, Wake, Odrick, Grimes all seem to think the room is normal. Grimes says he's been in a different locker room and nothing is different. No one here has heard the voicemails. Is Cogs joking? I know some of you are totally offended but some groups of friends go at each other pretty hard. I'd like to see these texts messages as well. What was Martin resonse to the text or did he just not answer? Context to this situation is going to be key. If Cogs thought Martin as one of his boys and could go at him hard maybe he didn't know it was eating martin inside. I know that sounds like an excuse but my friends, we go pretty ahrd at each other when we are talking crap. Jesus I got a email every monday on how my buddy was going to kick our asses at the marathon we were going to run in 6 months. Do I think it bullying? No. If someone told any of us to stop we would but we are just talking smack. I need to hear this voicemail and see the text conversation not just what Schefter wants to put out there.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

The other thing that bothers me is if Martin just did the same prank to someone else why would that make him snap? He was part of the group, take and give. Very curious situation.

Also now Shelby is talking. I find it interesting the Defense all seem to be behind Cogs. I want to see what someone from the offense has to say. Tough situation, like picking sides against your brothers.

What I find crazy is lots of people here calling Cogs a bad human but his teammates, so far after practice today, Wake, Odrick, Grimes all seem to think the room is normal. Grimes says he's been in a different locker room and nothing is different. No one here has heard the voicemails. Is Cogs joking? I know some of you are totally offended but some groups of friends go at each other pretty hard. I'd like to see these texts messages as well. What was Martin resonse to the text or did he just not answer? Context to this situation is going to be key. If Cogs thought Martin as one of his boys and could go at him hard maybe he didn't know it was eating martin inside. I know that sounds like an excuse but my friends, we go pretty ahrd at each other when we are talking crap. Jesus I got a email every monday on how my buddy was going to kick our asses at the marathon we were going to run in 6 months. Do I think it bullying? No. If someone told any of us to stop we would but we are just talking smack. I need to hear this voicemail and see the text conversation not just what Schefter wants to put out there.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

The other thing that bothers me is if Martin just did the same prank to someone else why would that make him snap? He was part of the group, take and give. Very curious situation.

Incognito should hire a big time lawyer and slaughter Martin in the public/media.

This is a grown man for God's sake. You leave your team and run to your mommy and daddy? You deal with it man to man. This guy now ruined Cog's career, maybe his career and even maybe miami's year. Grow a pair you fn weakling.

The amount of hiding behind bro code meat head crap and victim blaming from the beginning on this board was stunning. Decent human beings don't do this to one another it isn't college its a Professional Football league full of men not kids. Hazing should be out lawed heck is already outlawed in college because stupid **** like this happens all the time. Men don't have to act like apes to fight side by side with each other grow the **** up

It's completely ridiculous and the same posters continue to make themselves look bad without even realizing it. In this thread we're told if other Dolphin players welcome Martin back then they're not being honest. Talk about desperate spin, applying your biases everywhere. Later in the thread we're supposed to wonder why Martin isn't immediately back in camp, within hours after Incognito is suspended. As if the therapy is nonsensical and completed.

Last week wasn't a positive one on Canes boards. Too many posters refused to believe that Florida State was multiple touchdowns superior. They used every scrambling measure to unskew that pointspread, to make it a competitive game. Now they are silent. Somehow in this case the ones who refused to believe Incognito did anything wrong continue to press their losing position.

I think Martin's end game will be him coming out as gay and really put the dolphins and the NFL in a bind......this thing is going to get more real crazy soon IMO like to see how they handle that lol

Context to this situation is going to be key.

Not really. The narrative has been set. It is hot. It is selling.

Personally, I believe Richie is not a good person. I think his history speaks for itself.

But I also believe that this story is really about the MONEY. The money Jonathan Martin is afraid to lose after checking himself into rehab. And nobody is going to report that, because Richie is a person with a checkered past and writing this one off as "RACIST ******* ABUSES POOR TEAMMATE" is way too easy.

This is a grown man for God's sake. You leave your team and run to your mommy and daddy? You deal with it man to man. This guy now ruined Cog's career, maybe his career and even maybe miami's year. Grow a pair you fn weakling.

Cogs ruined Cogs career, he knew he was dealing with a mental light weight and he took advantage of it....this is what he gets for being an a@#hole....

1. What date did he receive these text messages and voice mail? Are they recent or something from awhile back.

2. If they are from awhile ago, what possessed him to keep them for a later date and not immediately report the communication?

3. When did Martin specifically go to management about the alleged bullying?

4. Why did the simple prank of players getting up from a lunch table and moving to another so as not to sit with Martin set him over the edge and make these workplace hostility complaints?

5. Does Martin have mental disorders?

6. How much does him getting replaced at LT go into his frustration of all that has transpired?

7. Was Jonathan Martin involved in hazing of other players?

8. What is Martin's endgame? Does he expect to return and under what circumstances?

*** The focus is no on Incognito and what he did and that is appropriate. Incognito might have done some mean-spirited things. Soon, it will shift to what Joe Philbin, Jeff Ireland and Dawn Aponte knew and what they did/didn't do.

However, it is fair to ask questions of Martin and his conduct through this entire episode.

I still have issues with Jonathan Martin. How does the lunchroom prank spiral into this major news story? I am not going to lie: I am so disappointed this has turned into a distraction for a team trying to find its way in the league. There were many other ways Martin could have handled this and he chose not to. I hope Martin understands how he elected to handle this might have costed the jobs of a slew of people within the organization. As a player, I would not want him back into the locker room. I would trust him as far as I could throw Sun Life Stadium. All of those players saying last week they would welcome him back I bet will not be making those comments anymore...and if they do, it is not honest.

I'm with you, but the media doesn't care about the facts and what actually took place. They only care about pushing their agenda. This falls into the anti-bullying campaign the left has going on right now. They will bleed this story for as long as they can. After Benghazi I'm not sure how anyone can't see what is going on and what will go on.

I'm with you, but the media doesn't care about the facts and what actually took place. They only care about pushing their agenda. This falls into the anti-bullying campaign the left has going on right now. They will bleed this story for as long as they can. After Benghazi I'm not sure how anyone can't see what is going on and what will go on.

You got it. The media is so amazing nowadays.

Now Ellerbe is telling media guys, who is part of leadership council, that Martin never came to them. I don't think Cogs is as bad as people are painting him. His teammates to a man so far have his back. We will eventually know the truth. or at least most of it.

Back
Top Bottom