Raekwon Davis named to football writers of America all rookie team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis named to football writers of America all rookie team

Alabama's run defense improved 20 spots this year without Droykwan šŸ¤£

He didn't make an impact. Secondly, your run defense isn't one great linebacker away from being a true strength of the team.

Miami's run defense improved from 27th last year to 16th this year in yards per game.

Improved from 22nd last year in yards per carry to 20th this year.

Improved from 22nd last year in rushing TD's given up to 19th this year.

Your run defense is still below average. Although Droykwan makes up for it by not affecting the passing game at all. But I tried to tell you.

I'll try to hang around long enough to give you a shot to be right on this one. Damn shame those weekly Droykwan threads disappeared.
Yeah you're just flat out wrong with that ILB take. Guess the college game has destroyed your ability to evaluate the NFL level

No doubt a great ILB on this defense propels in into a top 10 unit. Stop posting stats like a basic fanboy and watch the game with your eyes. (Which we all know you don't watch Dolphins games.)
I was constantly bitching about the lack of ILB stuffs or Roberts blindly running full speed into the wrong gap. The interior defensive line did a good job at holding blocks. You want to run the 3-4? You better get some ILBs who can clean up.

Raekwon Davis had a great year. Congrats to him. Beyond happy Flores made the right call on the pick, and that to this point you have been hilariously wrong about it.

Last edited:
Miami's last 6 games of the year they gave up on average 87 rushing yards a game at 3.9 YPC. That's a legitimately very good run defense so they were trending in the right direction and Raekwon was top 3 in run stops for all rookie lineman at that point, but we'll now move the goal posts to him not being Aaron Donald to try and desperately dig out of the hole on this whole evaluation.

Miami's last 6 games of the year they gave up on average 87 rushing yards a game at 3.9 YPC. That's a legitimately very good run defense so they were trending in the right direction and Raekwon was top 3 in run stops for all rookie lineman at that point, but we'll now move the goal posts to him not being Aaron Donald to try and desperately dig out of the hole on this whole evaluation.
Now this is a quality post. Appreciate that info in the second part, gives good insight.

I'm proud for Raekwon....Love my Bama guys doing well...But,i like slimm,thought 2nd round was to high.
I was thinking third round...shows you why I'm on a message board and not in some teams front office.
No, that's NOT what was being said!

Lord.

:lol:

We needed someone on the interior and he provided some help. It frees us to add playmakers at other skillset positions and go from there.
Tee Higgins
Jonathan Taylor
D'Andre Swift
Antoine Winfield
Chase Claypool
Jaylon Johnson
Cam Akers
J.K. Dobbins
A.J. Dillon
Jeremy Chinn

That's what impact 2nd rounders look like. Not some lump that just sits there getting pushed around on 1st and 2nd down and doesn't affect the passing game.

All players that I had graded higher than Droykwan. If I have to admit I was wrong about him then I'd have to admit I was right about all those.

If i'm not mistaken none of these players are in the trenches. A more apt comparison would have been apples to apples. Those teams maybe at a place where those picks are what was best for their organization and so, like Miami, drafted their board.

If Miami's happy with their selection and the player then i'm not sure what the problem is at this stage?

Wow, we _finally_ have a rookie who was recognized for an exceptional rookie season ... and all this negativity. Can't we quit pointing fingers and just enjoy it and hope he continues to progress? I didn't expect Raekwon Davis to succeed, but he has already proven he was not a bust. Kudos to Grier & Co. for picking up a contributor. The jury is still out on whether it was a great 2nd rounder or not.

One of our posters with a very good record of analyzing college talent (nobody is perfect) illustrated impact 2nd rounders, and we can all agree those guys he named were exceptional. Guys like Tee Higgins and Jaylon Johnson were guys I particularly noted as sleepers in the 2nd round, because those guys absolutely had 1st round talent, IMHO. And maybe I'm biased, but today I'd trade Raekwon Davis for either of those guys in a heartbeat.

Still, I'm proud of Raekwon Davis, and thankful that he has shown improvement. Everyone noted he looks like Tarzan ... the question is whether a coaching staff (preferably OUR coaching staff) can ever get him to play like Tarzan--a superhero of unbelievable natural athleticism.

2 members gone from this thread

Back to discussing Davis please

hope you started with the perennial instigators on the board and in this thread.

better in one gap than I expected this year no doubt. Next year give me a little more lateral range we will see if itā€™s on the table

put an enforcer behind him at lb and he can clean up things too/offset some of the range deficiency

Back
Top Bottom