Rafael Palmeiro finally does it | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rafael Palmeiro finally does it

I think the numbers have changed as far as 500 homeruns is concerned but I still think 3,000 hits stand as a mark that gives you a bid to the hall of fame. Having both 3,000 and 500 is an automatic bid IMO (Plus Palmeiro will be 3,000 600 by the time he is all done)!

He is a first ballot hall of famer. Any debate otherwise is nonsense.

You can count the guys on one hand who have 500+ (soon to be 600) and 3,000. The numbers haven't changed all that much. Those numbers will get him in.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I think the numbers have changed as far as 500 homeruns is concerned but I still think 3,000 hits stand as a mark that gives you a bid to the hall of fame. Having both 3,000 and 500 is an automatic bid IMO (Plus Palmeiro will be 3,000 600 by the time he is all done)!

I'm not sure that 500 homers isn't still automatic admission. Did Canseco have over 500? If he did, then I suppose it's not automatic admission anymore.

MikeO said:
He is a first ballot hall of famer. Any debate otherwise is nonsense.

You can count the guys on one hand who have 500+ (soon to be 600) and 3,000. The numbers haven't changed all that much. Those numbers will get him in.

Does 44,000+ yards(6th alltime), 3631 completions(6th alltime) and 268 TD(8th alltime) passes get you in the NFL HOF..

GreenMonster said:
Does 44,000+ yards(6th alltime), 3631 completions(6th alltime) and 268 TD(8th alltime) passes get you in the NFL HOF..

i don't know what the hell you are talking about to be honest.

But comparing the NFL and MLB halls of fame is a joke on every level.

MikeO said:
i don't know what the hell you are talking about to be honest.

But comparing the NFL and MLB halls of fame is a joke on every level.

I compare Palmeiro to Vinny T. Put up great alltime numbers but was never a great player. I have not one great memory of Palmeiro. He has great numbers but many guys do, he has just been durable and lasted longer. I think he is a very good player but should be on the edge for HOF consideration even with 3000, 500...

GreenMonster said:
I compare Palmeiro to Vinny T. Put up great alltime numbers but was never a great player. I have not one great memory of Palmeiro. He has great numbers but many guys do, he has just been durable and lasted longer. I think he is a very good player but should be on the edge for HOF consideration even with 3000, 500...

Vinny isn't going to the hall of fame. The bar has been set so high for quarterbacks to get in the hall now; guys like Simms and so forth have no shot of ever making it. Let alone Vinny.

Palmerio is a great player though. The guy produces year in and year out. Only 4 players EVER have 500 home runs adn 3,000 hits. TRUST ME, HE IS GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME! And going in on the first ballot. Why people knock Palmerio I have no idea.

P.S.....Vinny doesn't have great all time numbers either.

MikeO said:
Vinny isn't going to the hall of fame. The bar has been set so high for quarterbacks to get in the hall now; guys like Simms and so forth have no shot of ever making it. Let alone Vinny.

Palmerio is a great player though. The guy produces year in and year out. Only 4 players EVER have 500 home runs adn 3,000 hits. TRUST ME, HE IS GOING TO THE HALL OF FAME! And going in on the first ballot. Why people knock Palmerio I have no idea.

What about Fred McGriff.. Him and Palmeiro have similiar career avg. but Palmeiro will play longer and be productive longer. Your agruement for Palmeiro getting in is soley based on 3000 and 500... McGriff was great in the postseason unlike Palmeiro who hit like .250 in the postseason and has 493 HR to his credit.

P.S.....Vinny doesn't have great all time numbers either. (6th in Yards and Completions and 8th TD's isn't great alltime totals. More yards than Montana, Unitas, Aikman, Young...

GreenMonster said:
What about Fred McGriff.. Him and Palmeiro have similiar career avg. but Palmeiro will play longer and be productive longer. Your agruement for Palmeiro getting in is soley based on 3000 and 500... McGriff was great in the postseason unlike Palmeiro who hit like .250 in the postseason and has 493 HR to his credit.

P.S.....Vinny doesn't have great all time numbers either. (6th in Yards and Completions and 8th TD's isn't great alltime totals. More yards than Montana, Unitas, Aikman, Young...

McGriff didn't hit the magic 500 home runs or 3,000 hits. DEBATE OVER!

Are you going to tell me Vinny is better than Troy, Steve, Joe, or Johnny? Seriously, You want to compare someone to Fred McGriff, compare Vinny. Vinny isn't an all-time great QB on any level I dont' care where he ranks stats wise.

MikeO said:
McGriff didn't hit the magic 500 home runs or 3,000 hits. DEBATE OVER!

Are you going to tell me Vinny is better than Troy, Steve, Joe, or Johnny? Seriously, You want to compare someone to Fred McGriff, compare Vinny. Vinny isn't an all-time great QB on any level I dont' care where he ranks stats wise.

Ok but because McGriff didn't hit 7 more homeruns and Palmeiro did he gets in.. So career stats only get you in the baseball HOF... Compare Palmeiro to all 500 HR hitters... Guess where Palmeiro ranks among all the 500 HR hitters... Last.. Players with 3000 hits or more... Palmeiro is hardly in the class of all the guys above him in that cat. also..

GreenMonster said:
Ok but because McGriff didn't hit 7 more homeruns and Palmeiro did he gets in.. So career stats only get you in the baseball HOF... Compare Palmeiro to all 500 HR hitters... Guess where Palmeiro ranks among all the 500 HR hitters... Last..

Palmerio will have over 600 home runs when he retires!!! He's at 568 or something now!

And your stats are wrong. Eddie Murry has only 504 home runs! :shakeno: He's last.

MikeO said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_500_home_run_hitters_of_all_time

Palmerio is last on the 500 home run list.. LOL

Click the link. He has 11 guys under him. Including the likes of Mantle, Ott, Banks, Ted Williams, Schmidt, Reggie...etc

:0wned: :0wned:

I am talking about as a player... Wow I checked the list too... Would you take Palmeiro over any of the players above him in either stat.. Let me know...

GreenMonster said:
I am talking about as a player... Wow I checked the list too... Would you take Palmeiro over any of the players above him in either stat.. Let me know...

NO. But you are changing the question. The question is is he a hall of fame player. The answer is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

talking about as a player? What are you talking about?

MikeO said:
NO. But you are changing the question. The question is is he a hall of fame player. The answer is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is he a HOF player.. Is it just because he has 500 HR and 3000 Hits... That all you can tell me about Palmeiro as a player. He is the worst player to reach each goal. I guess Jim Thome just has to get to 500 HR and he is in..

Back
Top Bottom