Raiders Have Officially Lost Their Minds | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders Have Officially Lost Their Minds

There's no proof AB is slowing down. Dude is a route running savant and he's twice the talent Cooper is no matter age.

It's stupid on the money because they wouldn't pay Khail Mack a dime.

Cooper has single handed turned the Cowboys offense into something respectable. Which suggest the guy clearly has talent. He's a lot younger and doesn't seem to be the loud mouth and mental case that AB has shown recently.

I'm not sure what that teams strategy is going forward.

Trading Mack was worse. Brown is the best WR in the game. Contact is heavy but 3rd and a 5th was a steal. Just my opinion

Reactions: DUB
AB is still the best WR in the NFL IMO and I expect him to remain elite throughout the duration of this 3 year deal.

They flipped Cooper for a first before having to pay him and got an even better WR for a 3rd and a 5th.

They will likely pick up an elite pass rusher in the first round to replace Mack and wont have to break the bank for 4 years.

Really they are playing the game and there maybe a method to the madness.

Question is are they good with Carr?

Really interesting to note that all of the reports circulated beforehand said that the Steelers set a minimum value of a 1st round Draft pick on Antonio Brown but they ended up trading him for a 3rd and a 5th. Sounds like there weren't too many takers prepared to pay him $18M/season with $30M guaranteed.
BTW - I agree totally with the OP. Mr Big Chest playing for Mr Know It All with Derek Carr at QB - what could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
Really interesting to note that all of the reports circulated beforehand said that the Steelers set a minimum value of a 1st round Draft pick on Antonio Brown but they ended up trading him for a 3rd and a 5th. Sounds like there weren't too many takers prepared to pay him $18M/season with $30M guaranteed.
BTW - I agree totally with the OP. Mr Big Chest playing for Mr Know It All - what could possibly go wrong?

Ultimately this is my biggest contention with the whole thing. Brown went from one of the league's best QBs, offenses, running teams, organization etc to one of the league's worst.
The guy is a lot to deal with both on the field and in the locker room. Who on that Raiders team is going to keep AB in check?

Giving out that type of contract for WR when your team won 4 games last season... Thats messed up priorities IMO

Cooper has single handed turned the Cowboys offense into something respectable. Which suggest the guy clearly has talent. He's a lot younger and doesn't seem to be the loud mouth and mental case that AB has shown recently.

I'm not sure what that teams strategy is going forward.

Respectable is debatable with Prescott at qb.

Like what the Raiders did. Got a better WR for less than what they traded their overrated one. Good move.

Trading Mack was stupid, but if you draft a Josh Allen or a Q Williams than it's a good move.

I think the Raiders have a good chance to improve that roster and offense. The thing I would worry about is with all the guaranteed monies your paying a player- it just give them more leeway to act like a jack a— or do what they want , especially when or if things go bad.

I expect more players to start doing that, and it isint as if AB has never shown those traits already.

I think the Raiders have a good chance to improve that roster and offense. The thing I would worry about is with all the guaranteed monies your paying a player- it just give them more leeway to act like a jack a— or do what they want , especially when or if things go bad.

I expect more players to start doing that, and it isint as if AB has never shown those traits already.

I mean you're bringing in a team first guy to a bad team and giving him all that guaranteed money. What could possibly go wrong?

Wow, Gruden really doesn't know what he's doing. That's a lot of money for a 30 yr old WR. I guess your worth, what someone is willing to pay you. But come on man!!!

Wow, Gruden really doesn't know what he's doing. That's a lot of money for a 30 yr old WR. I guess your worth, what someone is willing to pay you. But come on man!!!

That's the great Mike Mayock who's the GM there now.

You also have to consider Amari Cooper hadn’t been playing well at all for raiders before he went to cowboys. He was dropping a lot of passes and wasn’t a legit number 1 option for them. I know he really broke out with cowboys but still he wasn’t that same player for raiders (whether it’s system, Carr, or whatever else was causing his issues). I think most people would trade cooper a 3rd and a 5th for AB and a first. Raiders also had a lot of cap space and will have a bunch of their top players on rookie deals (3 1sts this year) and by the time those guys are due for extensions AB will be off their books.

I dont get the move for the raiders. Here is a team that balked at paying their homegrown talents (Mack, Cooper) and traded both away. You would assume they go into a full on rebuild at that point, but then they trade for one of the top receivers in football and sign him to be the highest paid at his position.

It's a poor move because they are not going to throw the ball as much as Pitt did. This is going to slim down Browns opportunities and Carr is a limited QB with a shoddy line. Do your paying the is receiver but your QB does not have time to throw the ball.

Jon Gruden can pivot himself as some savant to raiders fans all he wants bit don't let him fool you. The Brown move echoes true that Gruden can't work with young players. An issue that happened in Tampa, then repeated itself last year. Just because he has three first round picks does not mean he is capable of replacing Mack and developing them.

The last thing I will add is that it will be intriguing to see next year. The raiders have put themselves out there to win now with this trade. This give us a chance at our pick of the litter at the QBs coming out. So you can thank Gruden for that one imo

Brilliant move for the Raiders imo. They traded “Not as good as AB” Amari Cooper for a 1st round pick, and bought the best WR in the NFL for a 3rd and 5th. Incredible gain for the Raiders.

Back
Top Bottom