Random Bye Week Thoughts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random Bye Week Thoughts

What i hate is that Not in everbodys eyes Tua is closing the gap. Critics will always have an excuse, the current one being the "oh hes just throwing short passes to pad his stats". Or "hes not shown us enough" to call him a franchise QB. Funny thing is they dont realize calling him a bust so early means they already made up their minds about him.

I just want Tua to keep proving them wrong by winning. Thats probably the best way to shut them up. We might not win out, but by doing his best we know that hes already capable of carrying this team.
I think eventually the media will come to accept that Tua is a talented quarterback.

Wins will help. Obviously, getting more talent around him should be the priority.

I hope the Watson talk is over in Miami's front office, or with Ross.

Tua will not prove a darn thing by winning. Just like Mac Jones proved nothing by winning yesterday. He needs to score and lead the team through thick and thin. Both.
Seriously?! All I care about is the team winning - dont care what Tua's stats are!

Tua will not prove a darn thing by winning. Just like Mac Jones proved nothing by winning yesterday. He needs to score and lead the team through thick and thin. Both.

Ok so Tua should pad his stats like herbert did last year. Lose lose situation

Ok so Tua should pad his stats like herbert did last year. Lose lose situation

No, it's not lose lose.
Tua's job is to score. His job is the same job he had at Alabama, even though they could've won a lot games by scoring 20 points per game at Alabama. His job is the stats, to score a lot and play well. And stats tell us that. And stats tell us whether he is good or bad, and that tells us whether he will be in the HoF. Stats. Play well, score a lot. That is Tua's job.

No, it's not lose lose.
Tua's job is to score. His job is the same job he had at Alabama, even though they could've won a lot games by scoring 20 points per game at Alabama. His job is the stats, to score a lot and play well. And stats tell us that. And stats tell us whether he is good or bad, and that tells us whether he will be in the HoF. Stats. Play well, score a lot. That is Tua's job.

I agree with the play well part, but hes not gonna play well every sunday. The winning will come in different ways, in the end as long as we win by 1 point ill be happy

I agree with the play well part, but hes not gonna play well every sunday. The winning will come in different ways, in the end as long as we win by 1 point ill be happy
Arguing with a hater my man. Dude has flat out said he wants him off the team. Love every week watching this guy squirm.

Tua will never win over the media guys, no matter what he does. And I'm glad he doesn't care. The only one is Dan O.

I don't even think some of his teammates think highly of him, JMO.

Been thinking a lot about free agency.

Devante Adams, Terron Armstead, Marshon Lattimore, Orlando Brown Jr., Chris Godwin, Carlton Davis, Ryan Jensen, Chandler Jones. I am not picky but definitely grab two of those impact players.

Orlando Brown is unlikely to hit the market. Just not possible. They will likely walk from Tyrann Mathieu as a result.

I really like Michael Gallup for this team as well.

Been wondering what the Saints are going to do about their cap situation, $57M over. That’s a ton. Would they trade us one of their two centers? Lattimore and Armstead likely can’t be re-signed, along with Marcus Williams. Their arrow is pointing straight down.

What about TB and their trio of big FAs? Ryan Jensen, Chris Godwin and Carlton Davis. Currently slated to have $32.5M in cap space so one of the three will definitely be on the market. I’m guessing Davis is the biggest priority.

Arizona isn’t really in a position to tag Chandler Jones. He’d take up all their $21M in cap space.

Taylor Decker in Detroit could be very tradeable for them given that they likely won’t have a franchise QB before the 2023 draft. Also having the just turned 21 year old Penei Sewell makes them a candidate to move on from Decker and acquire assets.

I have more thoughts but I doubt anyone has read this far anyway.

Last edited:
The Dolphins absolutely have to make this the offseason focus, putting close to 100 percent of their resources into the offensive line and finding a running back with some power.

New England, Buffalo and the Jets all play in cold weather. That's another reason to get the run game going.
What I don't understand is why this even needs to be emphasized. Building a good o-line and a strong running game should be the basic foundation of any offense; they help the QB and are a safety net in bad weather. With all of Miami's Division opponents playing in the Northeast, it is imperative that they have a strong running game, so why does the team keep ignoring it? Idiots!

FTJ-Round-Plane.png

Back
Top Bottom