Random Bye Week Thoughts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random Bye Week Thoughts

Excited Fx Networks GIF by What We Do in the Shadows

Tua

Since every thread starts with Tua, where does he rank among the AFC East quarterbacks? At the beginning of the the season there was no argument. Josh Allen was clearly the class of the division. But now? Tua is quickly closing the gap IMO.

In the latest QBR rankings, Tua has now passed Allen as the seventh highest ranked qb. Allen is 8th and Jones is 14th. Too early to rank Wilson.

I think that last drive in the Monday night game kind of epitomizes Allen's career. A terrific throw to Diggs to get close to midfield, but melting down in the redzone. Throwing high, making the wrong reads etc

The Run Game

This game also pointed out, as if we needed the reminder, how important the run game is. I was surprised at the success New England had pounding the rock.

Let's face it, most teams now are geared to stop the pass, or at least that is the priority.

The Dolphins absolutely have yo make this the offseason focus, putting close to 100 percent of their resources into the offensive line and finding a running back with some power.

New England, Buffalo and the Jets all play in cold weather. That's another reason to get the run game going.

So You're Telling Me We Have a Chance?

After that dreadful 1-7 start it's nice to be mathematically in the race. No team has ever started 1-7 and made rhe playoffs. It's not likely Miami gets there, but at least the season isn't bleak anymore.

Draft Class of 2021

The 2021 draft class could go down as one of the best in Miami Dolphins history. Waddle, Phillips, Holland and Eichenberg all playing major roles.

Watching the rookies adds some excitement to the last part of the season. Will Waddle break the all-time rookie reception record? Can Phillips get to 10 sacks? What else will we see out of Holland and Eichenberg?
Nice write-up as usual. The thing that scares the hell out of me is this F.O. Feeling content with Gaskin as RB1 and not feeling the need to upgrade the position.

Nice write-up as usual. The thing that scares the hell out of me is this F.O. Feeling content with Gaskin as RB1 and not feeling the need to upgrade the position.
Maybe watching how Bellichick used the running game so successfully against Buffalo will cause Flores and Grier to look differently at the value of running backs?

With the way Tua is playing, Miami could be cooking with fire if they can even get to average in the running game.

Nice work good on her.

My next door neighbour has 8 pairs of different owls in flights along the garden. They don’t make that hooting sound though they ain’t hooters :-)))
She took it to a rehab shelter as they have three cats and a dog. Her dog might have made friends with it, the cats not so much.

Poor little owl had some sort of trauma to it as they're usually combative but my Disney Princess of a daughter had it quite comfy.

We have a couple barred owls that fly over every now and then. I like to think one of them is one I rescued from a fallen white oak a few years ago after a hurricane blew through.

She took it to a rehab shelter as they have three cats and a dog. Her dog might have made friends with it, the cats not so much.

Poor little owl had some sort of trauma to it as they're usually combative but my Disney Princess of a daughter had it quite comfy.
We have a couple barred owls that fly over every now and then. I like to think one of them is one I rescued from a fallen white oak a few years ago after a hurricane blew through.
That's cool as 5 lbs of possum in my headlights. I rescued 2 , one was a screech owl we found knocked out on the road the other was a monkey faced owl that someone shot. They both got well and flew away. I had a pic of screech but it says file to large. Great outstanding job by your daughter.

Maybe watching how Bellichick used the running game so successfully against Buffalo will cause Flores and Grier to look differently at the value of running backs?

With the way Tua is playing, Miami could be cooking with fire if they can even get to average in the running game.
Flores is from NE. He more than anyone should know the Patriots commitment to the run and their array of personnel to achieve that goal. Not all the RBs were built like Danny Woodhead.

Back
Top Bottom